Virtual Firefly - Episode One is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Firefly - Episode One is out

Well the first episode of the continuation of season 1 is out, "The Big Stick". Im about half way in and it about how the people on Haven got that cannon and if youve3 read the novel of Serenity, you'll recognise one of the characters from Haven.

Unfortunetly they don't have a website, only a mailing list at the moment. [email protected].

Email him, hell send the script and then add you to the mailing list where you can get futhur episodes.

My thoughts, episode spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I liked it, for the most part characterizations are spot on, but I dont like the thing about dancing between River and Jayne. It seems unlikely.

I do like that you went into the backstory of Haven, and even had a little bit of a dig at Books past. Was nice seeing Bernable there and I imagine the scene at the end with the turrets would have been cool.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

is this some fan fic or is it written by joss

Comment

Fan written. Still worth checking out.
      sigpic

Comment

Episode 2 is out for those on mail subscription.
        sigpic

Comment

i love ff but i hate reading =*(

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD
            i love ff but i hate reading =*(
            lol not alone there

Comment

I just finished reading the second episode which was out last week.

Spoiler:
              Another interesting episode. Featured Niska, another one of our familars. It was a Jayne centered episode and quite an interesting one. I can't wait for the others. Although during River torture, would have been more interesting if she felt she was reliving what she experienced back at the academy.
              sigpic

Comment

Their "website" is online. It's just a basic page with links to the past 2 episodes: http://stillflying.net/

The third episode is also out on the mailing list.
                sigpic

Comment

I just read the first two. The last few acts of both seemed really rushed through to me. I too wasn't really happy with the whole Jayne-River thing though overall I was pleasantly surprised by the rather accurate character portrayal. The writing is good but doesn't contain the same funny/witty stuff of firefly but I would imagine that would be very hard to reproduce. The character renditions are probably the best comment I can give this though I would have preffered some more focus on the characters as the story sometimes seems to distract from them. If you're a hard core firefly fan (in other words if you're a firefly fan) it's worth checking out.
                  "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                  I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Give them time. It took Horizon an entire season to find itself...there have only been 3 episodes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      Give them time. It took Horizon an entire season to find itself...there have only been 3 episodes.
                      yeah i read the intro for the website and well it looked very interesting but yeah i dont like reading so i well didnt read an episode but yeah they should probaly make it in to a series lol like tv

Comment

It really enjoy them. Not quite at FF quality but good.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://stillflying.net/episodes.htm

New episode released, 1x19. Haven't read it yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've read that and I think it's the best one so far.I really loved the characters, you guys are getting better at handling them. Especially River, Kaylee, Book and Simon. Some of the dialogue is off a points. I really liked the moment when they named the moon. Lol, made me life. Nice little tribute to "this land".

1x20 is out on the mailing list. I'll get to reading it later.
                            sigpic

Comment

There is another Firefly Virtual Season out there that's really good so far. Their episodes are rather long, but they've done a good job of keeping in character. The latest episode, Flying Blind, has Mr. Universe and fancy shoes. Click the banner to see the site.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                              Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                              (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Working...
                              X