This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Scenes

Big fan of BSG here. I've lurked her once in a while but thought I'd sign up having rewatched seasons 1 and 2.0 in preperation for the rest of season 2 to air.

Are things that occur in deleted scenes consired to have still occured because they didn't make the final cut? Because there are a lot of them that I'd have liked to seen integrated into the episodes for the DVDs they were that good. They established things about characters that one might not get by just watching the final cut alone. An example is all of the Adama/ Tigh flashback scenes. They were poorly done in the actual episodes due to time restraints, but watching the deleted scenes shed some light on what really went down. So is that the official history between Adama and Tigh or is it subject to change since it never aired? Same goes for all other deleted scenes. There's some great stuff in The Farm, Home Part 2, and Flight of the Phoenix. Are they events that should be considered to have actually occured or were they cut for more reasons than just time constraints?

Originally posted by K07
    Big fan of BSG here. I've lurked her once in a while but thought I'd sign up having rewatched seasons 1 and 2.0 in preperation for the rest of season 2 to air.

Are things that occur in deleted scenes consired to have still occured because they didn't make the final cut? Because there are a lot of them that I'd have liked to seen integrated into the episodes for the DVDs they were that good. They established things about characters that one might not get by just watching the final cut alone. An example is all of the Adama/ Tigh flashback scenes. They were poorly done in the actual episodes due to time restraints, but watching the deleted scenes shed some light on what really went down. So is that the official history between Adama and Tigh or is it subject to change since it never aired? Same goes for all other deleted scenes. There's some great stuff in The Farm, Home Part 2, and Flight of the Phoenix. Are they events that should be considered to have actually occured or were they cut for more reasons than just time constraints?
    I think that's up to the individual, but strictly speaking, the deleted scenes are non-canonical. At the battlestar wiki the deleted scenes are used as reference material when they do not conflict with future plot continuity.

Comment

Canon was the word I was looking for.

I was gonna ask more about their history but actually found it on the Battlestar Wiki site. That site is among the best for answers to my questions but I'll come back here when I can't find them there I guess. Thanks.

Comment

I believe the producers have stated perviously that they have a Galactica 'bible' so that there are no inconsistencies in any aspect of the story. I recall that the first episode of season two was meant to be entirely in flashback - I haven't seen the deleted scenes myself, but I can't imagine that they would contradict the canon that exists onscreen. Hopefully some of the clips that were dropped could appear in later episodes, though if they've been included on a DVD as deleted scenes then that seems unlikely.

Comment

Hello, im looking for some english subtitle or transcript for "Deleted Scenes" from 1st season - can you somebody help me ? or rewrite this (some good english speaking man) ? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Can't help ya there but I do have another question. Are the deleted scenes for the miniseries available to see anywhere? I don't get why they're not included in the season 1 boxset....

Comment

I think that the standalone miniseries Region 1 DVD included deleted scenes from that show. I was checking up after I got the Region 2 DVD, because all that included was a 15-minute promotional feature about the beginning of the series. And the 1st series on R2 seems just as bare.

Comment

Looking on Amazon, I see it does have the deleted scenes. Now that's dumb to not put them into the Season 1 version (an overall superior boxset having included both the mini and season episodes). Are they available on the net to watch anywhere (legally)? I could just rent the mini from work (the only BSG thing that we carry) to see them if they're not.

Comment

Working...
                X