This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FarScape's Rygel Joins the Asgard

In a bold and daring move by the all powerful Stargate Franchise Board (otherwise known as the Trust), Rygel has just inked a multi-thousand dollar contract to join the cast of the Asgard.

It was believed that Mallozzi had been heard saying, "Rygel is apart of a natural progression in the storyline...It just makes sense to bring him in at such a crucial time."
    Its been noted that the Asgard are an intellectual, but Boring and Calculated Race. The Species need a special character who will introduce that much needed "zing" / "pizazz"...much like Vala has done for SG-1.

While Thor is cautiously optimistic about the venture, Hermiod was captured mumbling some unintelligable sentences in Asgard to himself while shaking his head.

Although Rygel won't be wearing black boostiers and perpetually asking an Asgard to "make babies" or throw around sexual innuendos in every other conversation, he'll still retain that cynical funniness he had displayed in FarScape..guaranteed.

By retaining the traits of a self-absorbed, pretentious, and conceited Rygel for which he was so well-known on FS, he's bound to cause some near catastrophic event every now and again in which Thor & the Gang will be forced to think "outside the box" without having to call on Major Gen. Macgyver for "dumb-downed" advice. Its a receipe for disaster that sure to bring the audience to its knees in laughter and cheap gawfaws.
    Last edited by shiznaw; 30 December 2005, 11:01 AM.

Is this a joke or just bitter sarcasm?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I dono, but I like the idea.

I also want to see Anthony Simcoe as a Prior.
      Wayne Pygram as an Ori.
      Lani Tupi as a Goa'uld.
      Gigi Edgley as anybody.
      Virginia Hey as a nice ancient.
      Pilot as an Asgard.
      And Paul Goddard as Stark on Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
        Anthony Simcoe as a Prior.
        Wayne Pygram as an Ori.
        Pilot as an Asgard.
        Brilliant!....What I would'nt give to see Wayne Pygram on SG, SGA or BSG
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
          In a bold and daring move .. Rygel has just inked a multi-thousand dollar contract to join the cast of the Ancients.. he'll still retain that cynical funniness he had displayed in FarScape..guaranteed.
          It was only a matter of time after Browder & Black jumped ship.. can't say I welcome this development. Repel all Farscape boarders I say!
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Sorrry, but just because Ben Browder and Claudia Black spent 4 years in another series, are they going to labeled for life as "Farscapers"? Will you do the same when Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks and Chris Judge move on to other things? Maybe it's time to forget Farscape and move on......

As for Rygel joining the cat of Atlantis....I doubt a Muppet can sign a contract.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              As for Rygel joining the cast of Atlantis....I doubt a Muppet can sign a contract.
              I dono, those crazy Jim Henson people can do anything with puppets!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                I dono, those crazy Jim Henson people can do anything with puppets!
                Not to get technichal, BUT they are MUPPETS, not puppets. And I doubt the Henson production company wants to get involved in Stargate. Farscape was a success for them, despite being cancelled....I think they will soon release a new show....however, I doubt our beloved Rygel wil be a part of it. Personally, I'd love to see Rygel again......he was deliciously bad, while still being loveable!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

i hope it is a joke. i don't want SG1 becoming Farscape 2.

i could understand having the actors show up for a one off, it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened, but you don't want to bring them back for more than one appearance

sigpic

Comment

Not to get technichal, BUT they are MUPPETS, not puppets. And I doubt the Henson production company wants to get involved in Stargate. Farscape was a success for them, despite being cancelled....I think they will soon release a new show....however, I doubt our beloved Rygel wil be a part of it. Personally, I'd love to see Rygel again......he was deliciously bad, while still being loveable!
                    Technically, Rygel is an animatronic puppet

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
                      In a bold and daring move by the all powerful Stargate Franchise Board (otherwise known as the Trust), Rygel has just inked a multi-thousand dollar contract to join the cast of the Ancients.

It was believed that Mallozzi had been heard saying, "Rygel is apart of a natural progression in the storyline...It just makes sense to bring him in at such a crucial time."
                      Its been noted that the Asgard are an intellectual, but Boring and Calculated Race. The Species need a special character who will introduce that much needed "zing" / "pizazz"...much like Vala has done for SG-1.

While Thor is cautiously optimistic about the venture, Hermiod was captured mumbling some unintelligable sentences in Asgard to himself while shaking his head.

Although Rygel won't be wearing black boostiers and perpetually asking an Asgard to "make babies" or throw around sexual innuendos in every other conversation, he'll still retain that cynical funniness he had displayed in FarScape..guaranteed.

By retaining the traits of a self-absorbed, pretentious, and conceited Rygel for which he was so well-known on FS, he's bound to cause some near catastrophic event every now and again in which Thor & the Gang will be forced to think "outside the box" without having to call on Major Gen. Macgyver for "dumb-downed" advice. Its a receipe for disaster that sure to bring the audience to its knees in laughter and cheap gawfaws.
                      Lol.....I got it, shiznaw. Tongue-in-cheek spoken here.

Comment

farscape sucks

anyway who is this guy?

Comment

With all due respect, why can't some of you people seperate actors and characters from one show to another thinking that it lessens the show you like because an actor from a show you did'nt like is now on your show?, that's crazy!.

There actors, some are better than others, but there all perfessional and usually very good at there jobs.

And to you Farscape bashers, have you ever bothered watching more than an episode or two?. That show was brilliant!, cheesy, cheap, over the top and very disturbing at times, but truly a great mind numbing scifi show that made you think and have to have half a brain to understand.

Comment

Sorrry, but just because Ben Browder and Claudia Black spent 4 years in another series, are they going to labeled for life as "Farscapers"? Will you do the same when Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks and Chris Judge move on to other things? Maybe it's time to forget Farscape and move on......

As for Rygel joining the cat of Atlantis....I doubt a Muppet can sign a contract.
                            Look at it from this perspective:
                            Your mother-in-law comes to visit you & your family over the Christmas Season. Your told to simply tolerate her for 5 or 6 episodes (Vala/Claudia Black). After spending weeks hearing her Type A personality dominate the household, you're excited that the end is near. Just as you help her pack her bags up, she has a surpise for you....her husband (your father-in-law) is flying in to join in on the fun....on a semi-permenant basis. Now granted we are all one big happy extended family (Sci-Fi Actors, Fans, etc.); however, its just that having two In-Laws over from the same failed show (FarScape) in the Our Home could be viewed as more of an intrusion, than a minor annoying change in our usual daily routine/line-up.

Normally, it could have been just a matter of a simple adjustment to CB, but now with having to deal two actors from the same failed Sci-Fi show, a new bigger & badder enemy with audacious powers, and these crazy one-liners injected into every conversation, it seems like a total take over rather than an integration. Stargate has been around for nearly 200 episodes. I'm sure it can continue to make it without the "hyper sexual" wild cat in a black leather boostier. There's a reason why the show was cancelled

Comment

thanks to the syndication after stargate i seen a few awful eps.

sucks sucks sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X