X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Anyone Concerned?

Hello All:
    Hollywood North Report says that RDM has signed a big contract with NBC network.
    He'll be setting up a fantasy series for them called "PEN & THE SWORD"
    For the SCIFI Channel he has a new series called "WAREHOUSE 13" While doing all this he will also continue to helm BSG.
    My question is that I wonder re: the quality of the BSG storyline. If he's doing 3 projects, might that stretch him a bit thin?
    Thats good news for RDM=$$$$ but bad news [maybe] for us. I LOVE BSG & I would hate to see it stumble.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Thats a very real concern and possibility, hopefully his fellow writers for BSG have there stuff together and keep the quality high. Who knows, maybe it might actually improve?.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

well, ron moore and david eick contracted to showrun season 3

maybe someone else will showrun the other shows, ron is just the creator and Executive Producer

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
        well, ron moore and david eick contracted to showrun season 3

maybe someone else will showrun the other shows, ron is just the creator and Executive Producer
        Hello:
        Thanks for responding. I LOVE this show. I don't want BSG to flicker & fade out. I want it to have a GREAT ending. I don't know re: the future of that "PEN & SWORD" cuz' NBC has'nt been the most scifi friendly network.
        If it goes, then RDM will be working for SCIFI Channel mostly & that will be a good/happy thing.

Comment

Wouldn't worry about it. RDM and Eick hired a good writing team and they basically oversee the storylines and arcs, becoming a manager/supervisor so to speak. They still have final input to the direction and tone of the series while developing other projects. At most jobs, a manager has several major projects going on at the same time, so it should be similar with the pressure and deadlines to meet. It's all part of the territory.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Not really I think he can handle it
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I wouldn't worry.

Both his new shows will be canceled before he even starts working on the second half of season 3.

Comment

Personally, I won't worry until I actually start to see things slipping a bit. So to answer, no, I'm not concerned.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                  I wouldn't worry.

Both his new shows will be canceled before he even starts working on the second half of season 3.
                  Hello:
                  Thanks for youre time! I kind of hope "Warehouse 13" does well, it sounds kind of interesting, for me anyway.

That "Pen & Sword" it sounds strange even to me. NBC is not the most scifi friendly network in the US.

We'll have to see what we see.

Comment

Well, I don´t know how any show is written but if I recall PEGASSUS credits I don´t remember this one as written by Ron Moore, so I´ll be hopeful.

Comment

I'm a tad bit concerned. I hope there won't be to many plotholes/ continuity mistakes slipping in.

Comment

I am concerned about it however I don't think it will happen, if the quality of BSG started to slip I'm sure the fans would let him know about it

Comment

Working...
                        X