X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Windows on Atlantis laptops ?

look at this screenshot from Atlatis s2e13
    there are classic windows key sticker on laptop ...
    its some MS marketing trick or just a bug ?
    Attached Files

meh diesnt matter to anyone i dont think...maybe the laptop was microsoft and therefore had to have the sticker on it for legal reasons, personally though, i dont cmind a tiny unseeable sticker on a laptop offensive in any way
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by NormaalsCilveeks
      look at this screenshot from Atlatis s2e13
      there are classic windows key sticker on laptop ...
      its some MS marketing trick or just a bug ?
      Maybe neither. Maybe they're just being accurate? After all, any PC the expedition bought would have those COA labels on them.

Comment

Well, It's a tablet PC, and the only tablet PC's you'll really find anywhere will be ones that came with Windows XP Tablet Edition, and thus will have the label on the back.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't see it.

Comment

I think they are referring to the Certificate of Authority that looks like:

It's near the bottom-left
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

If it's Microsoft marketing then it's really bad, hardly readable, they could have better show a laptop starting up and then the Windows XP logon screen or something.

I think they just left it on, because it's hardly readable anyway, or they want to show that they have legal OSs (I find the latter highly unlikely )

Comment

Or it's a touch of realism. Any government computer would have and keep those stickers on. At least mine does. :>

Comment

Originally posted by Schroedinger
                  Or it's a touch of realism. Any government computer would have and keep those stickers on. At least mine does. :>
                  Thank you. That's exactly what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                    If it's Microsoft marketing then it's really bad, hardly readable, they could have better show a laptop starting up and then the Windows XP logon screen or something.

I think they just left it on, because it's hardly readable anyway, or they want to show that they have legal OSs (I find the latter highly unlikely )
                    Maybe they figured fans won't notice. But obviously that trick failed. The other thing too, is that if they were to remove that label, then they would probably void some warranty, either with microsoft, or the tablet PC manufacturer.

Comment

The boring practical reason may simply be that the production has rented the tablets, instead of buying them outright, and thus can't do anything damaging to them (like removing those damn sticky labels).

Now if you really want to see Windows making an appearence in scifi, check out XP in Firefly.

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicat
                        The boring practical reason may simply be that the production has rented the tablets, instead of buying them outright, and thus can't do anything damaging to them (like removing those damn sticky labels).

Now if you really want to see Windows making an appearence in scifi, check out XP in Firefly.
                        is that the Add New Hardware Wizard?!

Anyway, back to Atlantis, and I say; Absolutely! I have an Atlantis Laptop that runs Windows XP

Comment

I have the idea that you just want to see the next episode and in the meantime opening useless topics like this...

Comment

Hm that just came up in my mind too, what does it matter? lol.

Comment

Eh, C'mon guys.

Isn't obvious that the Ancients used microsoft? Bill gates himelf is probably from Atlantis. If you ask me, Microsoft has probably got thier own Ancient weapon like the ones on Dakara and in Anartica.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X