This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate dimensions

Does anyone know the actual size of the stargate, the diameter, how tall, how wide etc... i want to try to make a life size prop for halloween out of strofoam but i can't find any websites with the information for the size of the gate.

You're kidding right!!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

It's a perfect circle. That's the extent of my knowledge.
      sigpic

Comment

no i'm not kidding, it's been done before and i am pretty creative, i want to get the actual dimensions so i can scale it down half size. i'm planning on carving it out of strofoam.

Comment

I believe they said it is 22 feet in diameter. Don't qoute me on that, though. I'll have to go back and watch the DVD special features again, but I believe they said 22 feet. It's gonna take a lot to carve an 11 foot Stargate out of foam...........
          Beckett: How come I never make any friends like that?
          McKay: You need to get out more.
          Beckett: We're in the Pegasus galaxy! How much further out can I get?

Comment

Yea, I was just gunna suggest that. Try and look on the special features on the DVD colllections, maybe they have it?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

22 to 25 ft in diameter. lol one time I was watching Monster House and I was like I should call them and have them put a stargate in my living room with the TV screen in the middle lol and make it so when ever i change the channel it spins and when i quit changing them for a minute it does the chevron lock sound lol. I always wanted a stargate.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

That would be great. I could imagine the iris closing to conceal the tv for like parties and stuff.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty creative! Let us know what you come up with... haha... wicked...
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I think the MGM FAQ has the diameter of the gate.

Comment

I found this too:

possible Stargate dimensions, big long ugly URL

It's a guestimate but it may serve you well.
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

thank you guys for the info i will let you know how it turns, i will proably get it strated as soon as possibly since i want it for halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by Amonet
                          Does anyone know the actual size of the stargate, the diameter, how tall, how wide etc... i want to try to make a life size prop for halloween out of strofoam but i can't find any websites with the information for the size of the gate.
                          Holy crap, what a fantastic idea!!

Now i want my own stargate in my living room!

I'd like it full size, but of course i know that would be ridiculous... you'd need a special room (like a big hall) just to put it in... but i'd like a real metal stargate with chevrons on it, and one that turns... man that'd be hellish expensive...... i want!

Comment

Since I'm planning to design my own house, that I'll build when I move to the states, I think I'm gonna have a Stargate instead of a regular door.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              Since I'm planning to design my own house, that I'll build when I move to the states, I think I'm gonna have a Stargate instead of a regular door.
                              Good idea, but then you'll have to leave the Iris open a bit for the mail-man.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X