This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

Does anyone know how many movies or television shows that feature the Cheyenne Mountain Complex as there are only two that I know of, the movie called 'Asteroid' and I think it has a breif appearance in one of the Austin Powers movies, thanks for the help.

Originally posted by waykins
    Does anyone know how many movies or television shows that feature the Cheyenne Mountain Complex as there are only two that I know of, the movie called 'Asteroid' and I think it has a breif appearance in one of the Austin Powers movies, thanks for the help.
    Wasn't there an older movie called "Patriot Games" (or was it "war games"?)that showed at least the giant blast doors closing. I can't remember the exact name of the movie, but i remember it was an old one where they showed a sequence where the blast doors were closing, and the main character and someone else were running into the complex, trying to beat the doors before they closed.

Comment

Some sort of underground Air Force installation at Cheyenne was featured in the TV movie 'Supervolcano'. I remember it clearly since it also featured the actors who played Narim, Maybourne, Samuels and Col. Chekov. It was like an SG-1 reunion!

Comment

The Cheyenne Mountain complex was on the TV news in the Uk yesterday because they operate a Santa tracking station at this time of year. No kidding. You can ring up and find out the latest sighting of ol' greasy beard, presumably as he makes his preparations for the big day. Sorry, didn't catch the telephone number.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
          The Cheyenne Mountain complex was on the TV news in the Uk yesterday because they operate a Santa tracking station at this time of year. No kidding. You can ring up and find out the latest sighting of ol' greasy beard, presumably as he makes his preparations for the big day. Sorry, didn't catch the telephone number.
          Ooh, I remember that!

The website is here
          www.noradsanta.org - if you look under 'History' it does mention the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. How cool is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
            Ooh, I remember that!

The website is here
            www.noradsanta.org - if you look under 'History' it does mention the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. How cool is that?
            Thanks Hywel, love it love it love it!
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Some sort of underground Air Force installation at Cheyenne was featured in the TV movie 'Supervolcano'. I remember it clearly since it also featured the actors who played Narim, Maybourne, Samuels and Col. Chekov. It was like an SG-1 reunion!
              that show was Sg1 with a supervolcano!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                Wasn't there an older movie called "Patriot Games" (or was it "war games"?)that showed at least the giant blast doors closing. I can't remember the exact name of the movie, but i remember it was an old one where they showed a sequence where the blast doors were closing, and the main character and someone else were running into the complex, trying to beat the doors before they closed.

hehe!
                In creepy robotic voice: Would You Like To Play A Game?...

Yeah. That movie showed the NORAD/Cheyenne Mountain Complex.......

Ooh, I remember that!

The website is here, www.noradsanta.org - if you look under 'History' it does mention the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. How cool is that?
                Kewl!

lol...Supervolcano...have to see that!
                Last edited by jazz!; 26 December 2005, 02:32 AM.
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                  Yes, except the movie was WarGames and dated from 1983. Basically this kid hacks into this miltary supercomputer (that just happens to be in charge of the US nuclear arsenal) using his TRS-80. He decides to start playing games against it and almost ends up starting World War III.

And, yes, you do get to see the outside of NORAD and those giant doors closing. The interior command center is all made up and nothing like the real thing, though (the real thing is nowhere as nice according to the director on the DVD commentary).

Patriot Games is an entirely different movie that came out in 1992 and has nothing to do with NORAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    Yes, except the movie was WarGames and dated from 1983. Basically this kid hacks into this miltary supercomputer (that just happens to be in charge of the US nuclear arsenal) using his TRS-80. He decides to start playing games against it and almost ends up starting World War III.

And, yes, you do get to see the outside of NORAD and those giant doors closing. The interior command center is all made up and nothing like the real thing, though (the real thing is nowhere as nice according to the director on the DVD commentary).

Patriot Games is an entirely different movie that came out in 1992 and has nothing to do with NORAD.
                    Thanks fir the clarification. I knew it was one of those "-Games" movies.

Comment

I know! I saw that too.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

The whole reason I watched Super Volcano is because I was flipping channels and saw I bunch of actors I recognized from SG-1 and I thought it was some sort of lost SG-1 episode, turns out Super Volcano wasn't half bad.

Comment

I actually saw War Games. This was way before SG-1 started airing, so I have no recollection of anythign SG-1-esque about it .

Comment

Although it was never seen, but in the new series "Threshold" they mention it at least 3 times that i am aware of. Funny really, it is getting more and more used ever since stargate
                            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Working...
                            X