This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fourth horseman

when i heard what this ep was called i immedeltly thought of the fifth race. and for some reason i think of a horse man being a hero, so could the asgard or the furlings cime to earth's aid?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Iv only seen the first ep but i very much doubt it from what Iv read on the forum

Comment

It refers to "the four horsemen of the apocalypse" conquest, war, famine, and death, in this case the horseman in question is "death"
      Last edited by The Signal; 21 December 2005, 08:13 AM.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
        It refers to "the four horsemen of the apocalypse" conquest, war, famine, and death, in this case the horseman in question is "death"
        In X-men wasn't that wolverin and in the game it was Angel.

So I'm think it is someone we have not seen in awhile
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

More than likely it simply refers to the prior plague
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

There will be no Asgard in this episode. The first time an Asgard is seen in S9 will be in 'Off the Grid''.

Furlings, you have more chance of RDA coming back full time & signing a 10 year contract thatn you will ever have of seeing a Furling.

There won't be anybody, it's about the plague that's currently infecting the Earth & how they manage to stop it.

Photos have been out for many months & detailed spoilers that give thr whole episode away are also out. So trust me no fifth race, no horsemen (x-men or otherwise). A plague & how they go about stopping it, that's all!

Comment

maybe season 10 for furlings. doubtful tho

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                Actually, isn't it war, famine, pestilence, and death?

Comment

Depends on the source

While many think its pestilence, all the bible references i've seen note it as Conquest...I know, I had to check when I first begun my book as its based on them. AND trust me, do not trust the x-men 'horsemen',...*scowls at them*
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    Depends on the source

While many think its pestilence, all the bible references i've seen note it as Conquest...I know, I had to check when I first begun my book as its based on them. AND trust me, do not trust the x-men 'horsemen',...*scowls at them*
                    Okay, I had to go look it up. According to Wikipedia, only one, Death, is named.

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                    The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are mentioned in the Bible in chapter six of the Book of Revelation, which predicts that they will ride during the Apocalypse. The four horsemen are traditionally named War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death. However, this is slightly at odds with the conventional interpretation of the Bible, which actually only names one: Death.
                    Feel free to read the whole thing but it looks like both interpretations are acceptable depending probably on the translation you use. War, famine, pestilence, and death is just the one that I've always heard. It doesn't matter, though. The fourth horseman is always death and that's the one named in the title.

Comment

And a fitting title this episode was.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fourth Horseman.... aside from something malevolent. It can also mean this...

Asgard
                        Furlings
                        Nox
                        Alterrans = #4

Afterall an Ancient did descend to help Earth.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          Fourth Horseman.... aside from something malevolent. It can also mean this...

Asgard
                          Furlings
                          Nox
                          Alterrans = #4

Afterall an Ancient did descend to help Earth.
                          No. it really doesn't.
                          It is a direct reference to the four horsemen of the apocalypse, just like someone posted above.

Not everything has double meaning people. Not every title is riddle with inside Stargate innuendos.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                            *points a few messages up at his last one*

Comment

Working...
                            X