This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'ald voice device

I am sorry if this thread already exists, but I could not find one when I was searching the forum.

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a device available that turns your voice into the Gou'ald voice. They used one in Seaon 5's episode 'Proving Ground'.

I would so love to have one, the Gou'ald sound kool

Have you checked eBay?
    * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

i highly doubt they created a device like that for just one episode

what they most likely did is create the prop, and when its used, they flange the voice in post
      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
        Have you checked eBay?
        Yes I checked eBay, but all they have is really expensive professional voice changers or voice changers that turn your voice into a scary man, woman, child ort something else. Thanks for the suggestion though

Originally posted by Nem2k
        i highly doubt they created a device like that for just one episode

what they most likely did is create the prop, and when its used, they flange the voice in post
        I didnt think that they created a prop just for one episode, but I heard that there was a device that was available that changed your voice into a Gou'ald voice. Sorry bout that, i must have asked the question wrong

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
          I heard that there was a device that was available that changed your voice into a Gou'ald voice
          oh right, well if you find one, then let me know cos id love to have one as well
          - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

Ok. Iv just seen on another forum that you can change your voice to make it sound like a Gou'ald using Cool Edit 2000. You record your voice into a wav file then change it after. I have the steps on how to do it if you want them, but no luck with a device yet

Comment

ooh yeah the technique is called voice modulation and flanging, its what they do on the show ive played with it but it is a bit annoying to have to record your voice every time

what ive tried doing is when someones using their mic to talk to me on the comp, i run the signal through an audio program to change their voice on the fly as theyre talking so it sounds like im talking to Baal or someone lol
              but unfortunately its so slow and lags a bit
              - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

There must be a quicker way of doing it and I would love to get my hands on the device so as soon as I talk it sounds like a Gou'ald just like the ep Proving Ground if you've seen it. Iv emailed somebody from the other forum when I saw it asking what it is and where to ge it from but have had no reply. Cant remember what the forum was either but the steps to change the voice is attached with this post
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X