Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    The rules of US military still apply to Sheppherd
    True. But he's broken other rules before, like not following the chain of command, killing his superior (it was out of mercy, but something tells me, it's against the rules to kill one of your own). The whole Ford thing. He's kissed other women too - in season one with the Ancient. It's not an excuse, but it happened a lot through out the series and it wasn't just him, who did it.

I do agree with sgelite though, in the Pegasus Galaxy the same rules don't always exactly apply. They used them as guidance, but they threw the old rule book out the window throughout the series. It's against the rules to medical tests on prisoners, and they still did. So I don't think the higher powers that be would care Sheppard allowed a few alien women to kiss him..... even if it was unprofessional.
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
      True. But he's broken other rules before, like not following the chain of command, killing his superior (it was out of mercy, but something tells me, it's against the rules to kill one of your own). The whole Ford thing. He's kissed other women too - in season one with the Ancient. It's not an excuse, but it happened a lot through out the series and it wasn't just him, who did it.

I do agree with sgelite though, in the Pegasus Galaxy the same rules don't always exactly apply. They used them as guidance, but they threw the old rule book out the window throughout the series. It's against the rules to medical tests on prisoners, and they still did. So I don't think the higher powers that be would care Sheppard allowed a few alien women to kiss him..... even if it was unprofessional.
      Also being in the pegasus galaxy allowed us to see that side of people because there was no-one to answer to.
      Most fans would have loved to have seen Jack and Sam (sg1) get it together properly,not just veiled references, but it would and could never have happened and that's what sg1 maybe lacked.
      I am not saying I like all that mushy stuff in my stargate show but it was rarely touched upon in sg1, I feel primarily for military reasons.
      But out in the Pegasus galaxy it's different.
      If we can kidnap another intelligent lifeform, imprison it, starve it and then medically experiment on it to the point that it's genetic structure gets altered, then what's a little kiss in the grand scheme of things, hey those people had needs to you know
      As far as I know the atlantis expedition was not made up of nuns and other celibate's, you know there was some hooking up going on and maybe even and if he was on a role.
      Look at the crew of destiny that started Novus, granted they had to populate their civilisation, but look at some of the hook-ups, they were obvious, some not so much, my point is without the military restrictions they went at it like rabbits
      So it stands to reason that people on a base primarily run by civilians that certain rules would be less enforced. Imo anyway
      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
        I don't think it was a terrible episode but I agree that we could have been privvy to more info about the second city,even in another episode whilst looking through the data banks on atlantis.
        This leads me to believe that maybe it was the remnants of the first Asuran city that the ancients destroyed when they realised that they were a failed experiment, hence no info in the atlantis database.
        Doubt it as if that was the case then would not that planet have been 'locked out' similar to how Asuras was?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Doubt it as if that was the case then would not that planet have been 'locked out' similar to how Asuras was?
          Was Asuras locked out? I don't remember, how did we get there then?
          Either way it wasn't mentioned in the city's database at all, which is strange given its capabilities.
          The wraith devoted enormous resources to the siege of atlantis why would they not done the same to this place if it was operational?, and if they did then why no historical data anywhere?
          Leads me to believe that maybe, just maybe, it could have been the asuran original city, or a predecessor.
          If not then there must have been something sinister for their to be no reference whatsoever. imo.
          Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

I think I liked this because it reminded me of the original star trek. Shep acting like kirk. Cheesy fights. Lords and ladies mixed with advanced tech.

Interesting that now they have no protection from the wraith. I don't recall this place ever coming up again but it seems like they might have saved a village at the cost of the world.

Comment

Perhaps cause the tower was already 'buried' they felt taking it on was futile (to get ancient tech)/.

Comment

I liked it because, well it was fun.

Makes you think if the Expedition went back to take as many spare parts as they could, maybe even paneling. I am sure after their ZPM ran out, they were willing to take in any support as needed.
                Hi There!

Comment

Well, we know that they allowed us to take all the drones. So most likely we took all we could.

Comment

Didn't they have a lot of puddle jumpers, too?

Comment

True.. So did atlantis take any? Were they even usable?

Comment

They had run out of power if we are to trust the antagonist's word
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I would think they could be recharged or refueled. Or at the very least be used for spare parts.

Comment

Which brings up the q... how DO they get recharged?

Comment

What annoyed me was that we never found out the name of the city.

I'm watching a program on BBC4 (uk channel) now about the lost egyptian city of piramesse - apparently lost and resurfaced thousands of years later.

The tower city would appear to match this description in the same way Atlantis was the sunken city.

I therefore conclude we must name this city ourselves to piramesse.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                                I think I liked this because it reminded me of the original star trek. Shep acting like kirk. Cheesy fights. Lords and ladies mixed with advanced tech.
                                so true!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X