This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Puddle Jumpers

After Grace Under Pressure (2x14), I was thinking about earth modified puddle jumpers (how cool did it look )

Personally I'd like to see a modified jumper with the following;
    • Railgun mounted to the roof
    • Modified cloak to shield (shield is on when cloak is not and vice versa)
    • Naquida generator to pump power into the shield (when cloak is inactive)

So whats your modified puddle jumper

That would be good, modified puddle jumpers (huge rocket launchers any1?)

Mine would definatly have a different primary weapon (not replacing drones, but using drones as secondary fire) so the PJ could engage more fighters. This weapon would be a turret-like gun, that would be able to move around a bit (so the pilot could fire upon fighters next to the ship and behind it, making the gun more like the drone with more ammo), a railgun would be excellent as we have seen railguns can quite easily destroy wraith darts in one shot. I would also have the pilot able to choose between cloak (for recon missions) or shields (for engaging enemy) with just a thought, rather than modifing the control crystals. As a saftey precaution a backup power generator (most likely naquida) would be installed, that could also be used to help power the shield.

Comment

yeah i like the idea of modded PJ's. the rail gun idealooked good; did anyone notice the mention of f-302's in the jumper bay comment shepard made?
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Asgard Vapourisation ray anyone?

but then again the asgard probably wouldn't let us have access to their advanced technology

Comment

Shields, more weapons, hyperdrive, and an Ancient time device (as seen in Before I Sleep, It's Good to be King, and Moebius). Thats all I want on my Modified Jumper.

Oh I forgot, a Fresh food maker.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            What about a coffee machine?
            It's no stargate with out coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              a toilet as well!

Comment

An in-flight DVD and foot massage.
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Flight Attendents?

Comment

Originally posted by CHEL NAK GUY
                    Flight Attendents?
                    Welcome to Puddle Jumper Air. Our flight to the mainland will take approximately one hour today, and we will be serving some in-flight coffee and peanuts. (Spoiler for "Grace Under Pressure" to follow)
                    Spoiler:
                    If you will look to your left, and to your right, you will notice that there are no exits. In the event of a water landing, death is almost certain.

Oh, and apologies to Red Dwarf on the spoiler bit.
                    Last edited by IMForeman; 17 December 2005, 01:50 PM.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

For my jumper, Im thinking of the shield to cloak and back converter (SCBC) idea, but with a decent power supply, like tripple redundant naquadah generators (naquadria ones are too unstable, and the only one we've seen looks to be the size of a school bus). Dont forget some primary weapons, the drones are too precious lol. Maybe a rail gun, or talk nicely to some Jaffa and get some of those beefed up staff weapons off a glider or alkesh . They can be mounted on the top of the front compartment. This would of course entail that the rear compartment be a little squashed up with the added generators and control interfaces. The co-pilot (seat next to the pilot) could have an additional joystick and computer interface put in to control the primary weapons, SCBC, and maybe even throtlling the power generators to get more speed/manouverability out of the jumper! And, best of all, being earth-based tech, the co-pilot would not need the gene to activate the rail/staff guns!!!

What do u think?

The Ultimate Tech thread, for more discussions on FTL, ZPE, and pie

Relativity Q & A - Got questions? Want answers? Me too, but i got some answers too

Click this link to visit the place for my ideas and experiments to hide

Comment

where are they gonna get all this stuff from???its a bit much..a few rail guns they can do maybe a naq genarator but inpenetrable sheilds and the like?????
                        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
                          where are they gonna get all this stuff from???its a bit much..a few rail guns they can do maybe a naq genarator but inpenetrable sheilds and the like?????
                          Spoiler:
                          They can do the sheilds too, really. Just not quite inpenetrable shields. It remains to be seen how well the Jumper's shield would do against enemy fire
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

my guess is not verry well...
                            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

they can take 1000's of atmosphere of pressure, which is pretty much alot more than an enemy weapon would ram in to it. id say they would do very well.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X