X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrection Ship Spoiler Pictures

TheDigitalAlchemist posted these spoiler pictures:

Wonder if this is a Colonial Bomber? or a heavily modified Viper?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
    Wonder if this is a Colonial Bomber? or a heavily modified Viper?

It looks like two Vipers... with a hand.

Comment

I think the angles goofy and were lookin at the same 3 viper deal like in "hand of god" but a big honkin colonial ship would be most exquisite indeed..
      A wise man once said,"The only way to live in peace is to prepare for all out war". I say," PEACE VIA SUPERIOR FIREPOWER and the resolve to use it".

Comment

Look at the model of Pegasus on the table compared to the Galctica next to it. The Pegasus almost can be mistaken for the TOS Galactica! Maybe that's is what it looks like when it is fully battle ready. The is also a fairly large size difference between the two of them.

What do you think the ship is one the bottom right of the table in the first pic? Because whatever they/it is, the Raiders are going after it, and the Vipers + Battlestars are working on the basestars.

Plus there is the ship right next to the Resurrection Ship whcih I can't place.
        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Im sayin peggy got something balls out going on as for the other ships maybe the blackbird or the heavy raider galactica has two cboomers and the wreak in the bookstore..lol the big honker has to be cylon maybe a new ship the rtf has nothing that big...they must be scrambling back to protectit..
          A wise man once said,"The only way to live in peace is to prepare for all out war". I say," PEACE VIA SUPERIOR FIREPOWER and the resolve to use it".

Comment

Great find, I wonder how many pilots are going to die? The Cylons might be facing their bigest defeat ever. I wonder if they will distory the ship before getting intel on it. But I guess they can get that stuff from Boomer.

Comment

I think they look like an assembly platform. Perhaps every 'rib' will eventually become a raider as it moves down the line.
              Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Colonial Marine Boarding action? Take the Ressurrection ship?

Comment

Naw, the rips are too big to form raiders, think of the title of the episode. Perhaps the ship collects the consciousness of any cylon that is killed and then retransmits to all the other copies that are still alive. If we took out that would really put a damper on the cylons and make them afraid of dying. It would also fragment every copy and they would then be their own person. Similar to the TNG episode where they find the other will riker. They were exactly the same until the split they became a great deal different, could cause a bit of difference and strife among them.

Comment

The entire ship looks like an antenna, and from the way that the bays are arrayed, I would surmise that it is not only a receiver but a directional transmitter.

There is the possibility, too, that the entire ship transforms (hey the Galactica can retract its flight pods), possibly fanning out into a dish.

---

The Pegasus sure is huge, relative to the Galactica, and from the unusually long arms of the flight pods on the model, I'm wondering if we've only seen the Pegasus with its flight pods retracted, and that the ship we see on the table represents the Peggy in bristling attack mode.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                      The entire ship looks like an antenna, and from the way that the bays are arrayed, I would surmise that it is not only a receiver but a directional transmitter.
                      You beat me to it.

BTW, are we sure that the flight pods on Peg are retractable. It may be due to advances in the FTL or sheilding (encompass of the warp field or whatever ) makes retraction unnecessary.

Comment

Hmmm, it has a very... 'Cathederal' sort of look to it... maybe it's just me though...

...And wait a minute! Where'd they get a tiny little model of the ship for the tactical board? Is there some guy on the ship whose sole job is to make those funky little models for the tactical overview?!
                        Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                        Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                        Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                        - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                          Hmmm, it has a very... 'Cathederal' sort of look to it... maybe it's just me though...
                          Indeed, the fine branches fastening the "blades" are reminiscent of the fluted columns of gothic churches.

I like that they made it white, as it seems to reinforce the idea that the ship is about light, and hence holds another conceptual characteristic of gothic cathedrals. As well, the repeated order of the bays suggests a nave with an altar at one end.

To me, the linear form of the ship suggests a monotheistic temple. If the ship was round I would be more apt to associate it with a pagan order, with the Roman pantheon as my main point of reference.

Comment

I don't think it's been suggested yet, so I'm going to throw it out there for all the BSG TOS vets out there: Perhaps the Ressurrection ship is RDM's tribute to the Ship of Lights, the twist is that it's on the side of the Cylons, instead if the moral side of what is good.

Last edited by MASON; 16 December 2005, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                              Indeed, the fine branches fastening the "blades" are reminiscent of the fluted columns of gothic churches.

I like that they made it white, as it seems to reinforce the idea that the ship is about light, and hence holds another conceptual characteristic of gothic cathedrals. As well, the repeated order of the bays suggests a nave with an altar at one end.

To me, the linear form of the ship suggests a monotheistic temple. If the ship was round I would be more apt to associate it with a pagan order, with the Roman pantheon as my main point of reference.
                              Uh oh, the architect has been unleashed!

Comment

Working...
                              X