This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madk99
    Uh oh, the architect has been unleashed!
    Yup, bound to happen eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
      I don't think it's been suggested yet, so I'm going to throw it out there for all the BSG TOS vets out there: Perhaps the Ressurrection ship is RDM's tribute to the Ship of Lights, the twist is that it's on the side of the Cylons, instead if the moral side of what is good.

Naw, it would be foolish to use that now. RDM is thinking on a much larger scale. BSG TOS had bad writers and they actually ran out of ideas for the show, why do you think they found earth in the first season....? No hold off on such things as the ship of lights. This is clearly a cylon ship used for cylon purposes. Also the ship of lights wouldn't need two base stars protecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter
        Naw, it would be foolish to use that now. RDM is thinking on a much larger scale. BSG TOS had bad writers and they actually ran out of ideas for the show, why do you think they found earth in the first season....? No hold off on such things as the ship of lights. This is clearly a cylon ship used for cylon purposes. Also the ship of lights wouldn't need two base stars protecting it.
        I know where you're coming from, but it could be a reinterpretation... perhaps the ship was found abandoned by the Cylons, originally created by ancient humans to save the human race as it neared extinction, and the Cylons have put it to their own use, having decided it was time to rebuild the human race.

I like the idea because it's cyclical, like the quote by Pythia that we hear uttered again and again by Colonials and Cylons alike, "All this has happened before. All this will happen again."
        Last edited by MASON; 16 December 2005, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Comment

Another pic from TheDigitalAlchemist... Poor Blackbird...

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/41/byebye4iu.jpg
            Last edited by d3u5; 16 December 2005, 01:05 PM.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
              Deus, you might want to edit your post into a link, as those pics are story spoilers, not just ship spoilers.

Comment

Deus, you might want to edit your post into a link, as those pics are story spoilers, not just ship spoilers.

Yeah, you're right. It's too spoilerish. Sorry...

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

The ship reminds me of one of those expandable sphere things. Not sure why, must be the struts...

I like the idea of a cathedral, though. And it WOULD be in keeping with the religious ideology of the Cylons and "resurrection" would fit in with that, too. I wonder what it's resurrecting? I should pay more attention to the spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    The ship reminds me of one of those expandable sphere things. Not sure why, must be the struts...
                    Maybe it's a Criswell structure.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
                    Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

My guess on what the new ship is: Like was said, it’s got something to do with the “resurrection” of the human Cylons’ consciousnesses from those dearly departed Cylons who met their fate out the airlock, etc. etc. Before seeing these picks, I'd have guessed it might have also been where the humlons were also created/born/cloned/whatever, but now it doesn't look like that is the purpose. Like MASON said, it looks like it might be a giant antenna array.

I’m thinking those other unidentified ships could just be some more diversionary ships that jumped in from the fleet in order to draw away the Raiders from the Resurrection ship and the basestars. Or that’s my guess anyway….

lol! Yeah, I wonder whose job it is to bang out those models used on the table seeing as how quickly they got a spiffy new one to use for the new ship.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5

Great grab, it seems that those ships came out of nowhere or he was drunk?

Comment

Spoiler:
                          First pic possibly shows a Raptor jettisoning its drive section. Blackbird probably clipped it. Not very manuverable remember?
                          Last edited by skrip00; 17 December 2005, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Those are not to scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter
                              Those are not to scale.
                              Seriously, they’re not?

Uh, skrip use some spoiler tags for that last post, please. I looked in this thread because I already had seen pics of the resurrection ship elsewhere on the web so it wasn’t anything new, but I haven’t clicked on the link for d3u5’s pics and there you go describing what you think they are.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

cool piccys
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X