• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mei stories are cross-overs.

Mei and Uncle Jack

Mei and the Anomaly

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I don't have any specific stories in mind but I'm looking for some Jack fic recs... where they focus on is his strength, leadership, and/or warrior-like qualities and on those qualities being put to the test.

I just recently read what's been published (it's not complete, yet) for Jack the Spartan by avidgokufan. Upon entering a new world, Jack and team are captured by descendants of the Spartans. Becoming a Spartan was not on Jack's "To Do" list. Unfortunately, he isn't given much of a choice. And no one makes new friends and enemies like Jack O'Neill.

After reading that I'm just hoping to find some more of that nature... thanks
      sigpic
      Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

SGR Ragnarok by Sealurk is moving again, the next chapter is up and it's awesome! Give it a read!
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          The Mei stories are cross-overs.

Mei and Uncle Jack

Mei and the Anomaly

Seaboe
          Thanks. I actually did read these a while ago and enjoyed them. Any other recs along the crossover stories?

Comment

are we aloud to promote our own work here? if so click my signature it has 4 stories and more on the way
            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

where is your signature?
              wait for your stories

Comment

my signature is at the bottem of my post under the picture of the two 304's and the first stories are my first but am currently making sure the next stories are better then the ones before it
                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

I was re-reading Charli Booker last night, and would like to recommend her This Nest of Sparrows series. She gives Jack a housekeeper and tells some between (second season) episode stories from the housekeeper's POV. I wish there were more.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Does anybody know if ELG ever wrote a sequel to Into the Labyrinth (she says it was part of the Angels and Mazes series, supposed to be at least two)?

Comment

Anybody know ant good Daniel Sha're FF. I just read Invocation at http://sg1-heliopolis.com/adult/view...=326&warning=4 And really enjoyed it.
                      I guess I've been in the mood for reading about what I call Stargate's First couple. I will probably write some AU fic for them myself soon.
                      sigpic
                      Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

This is probably a strange request... but could someone please recommend a fic (SG-1, SGA or SGU, ship, slash, and gen will be fine) with intellignetly written and believable technobabble? What I mean is I want to see Sam/Rodney/Radek/Bill Lee/whoever be smart. Truly smart. I don't really need 'true-to-life' science, but I'd like to see some thought given to 'technobabble'. Oh, and fic does not have to be completely scientifically focused. Even if it has just a short but very well-written piece of dialogue which will make me believe that our resident geniuses are indeed geniuses,it will be perfect. For example, Sam saves the day with her smarts, like she often does on the show. Or Rodney and Radek bickering about propulsion or sublight engines or something...

I just find this particular aspect often ignored or sidelined in fic. I understand why - it's not easy to write. But I would like to see it nonetheless.

So, any recs?

Comment

If you like, I can offer you some links to relevant chapters/passages in my current rather long fic where Sam goes off into technobabble that actually explains some things well enough that I've gotten compliments on how they were written...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            If you like, I can offer you some links to relevant chapters/passages in my current rather long fic where Sam goes off into technobabble that actually explains some things well enough that I've gotten compliments on how they were written...
                            Sure, I'd like that!

Comment

Okay, here are some links for you. Note that some involve actual dialogue about the technology and/or science involved, while others are more a matter of Sam's observations and internal thought processes as she works on research. Some are also a mixture of the two.

This is the link to the main overall story, which is the same one that is currently advertised in my signature. It's long, it's a work-in-progress, but it is completely outlined and mapped out on my hard drive so it IS a coherent whole. Quite a number of chapters are already published, and as I polish and finalize new ones, they get added.

The last several paragraphs of this chapter show Sam explaining to Hammond what she thinks actually happened regarding the wormhole connection between the SGC and P3W-451's wormhole when the bomb went off near the end of the episode "A Matter of Time".

The whole first half of this chapter involves SG-1 engaging in some brainwork, but about halfway down the page there's a particular scene in which Sam explains certain elements of wormhole theory and function to Daniel.

The second half of this chapter involves Sam running a modeling program on the computer that theoretically should map out the behavior of the wormhole when it disconnected from P3W-451 and explain why the connection jumped to P2A-870. The problem is that it isn't giving her answers that fit the expected parameters, and she's trying to figure out why.

Here's Sam again, still puzzling her way through the anomalous results of the modeling program, trying to decipher how the wormhole managed to do something that shouldn't have been possible. This scene takes up the entire chapter.

I hope you enjoy these!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Thank you very much! I'm lookign forward to reading these. Oh, and "A Matter of Time" is one of my favorite SG-1 episodes (I have always been fascinated by the black holes!), so it's even cooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X