This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should be the fate of Sharons baby? spoilers

So we know that Sharons baby is a human cylon hybrid, seeing as Helo is the father. This sharon has seemed to switched sides for the sake of her baby but she is still a cylon so you never know. Her baby presents an interesting problem for the Colonials. She is a cylon and colonial policy thus far is to destroy them all. Also the cylons have a master plan that seems to revolve around the creation of a human cylon hybrid. The colonials are at an extreme disadvantage to the cylons in operational intelligence. We dont know what their plan is or even much about how they work or the structure of their society. So what should they do about Sharons baby?

Allowing it to come to term would be a great opportunity for learning about the cylons and how they work. They could study the baby and find out how it is even possible for it to exist.

However, allowing it to come to term could be incredibley dangerous. The cylons want the baby to be born and letting the cylons get something they want could be devestating for the fleet. Is it to dangerous to be allowed to be born?

So what should they do?
    -Should they allow the baby to come to term and let it grow as it is part human and they could study it?
    -Should they terminate it now before it develops anymore as a danger to the fleet?
    -Should they let it come to term but then destroy it so they can study it but also remove the threat?

so what is your opinion?

mods could we maybe make this a poll?

They should remove her silvery packaging and pop her in the toaster until Sharon's newborn breakfast pastry is ready to serve.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
      They should remove her silvery packaging and pop her in the toaster until Sharon's newborn breakfast pastry is ready to serve.
      Has ol' doc Cottle examined her for twins? You know those always come two in a package.

BTW, when my daughter was born she had this thin frosting of - ehhh, umm -- well, of somthing. But I don't think it was a sugar based frosting with sprinkles. However, the Toaster Toddler may "pop" out with icing on his head.
      Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Out the air lock.. but for the shows sake i hope were not gonna have a V preta'nama kid or a sg1 harcisus..
        A wise man once said,"The only way to live in peace is to prepare for all out war". I say," PEACE VIA SUPERIOR FIREPOWER and the resolve to use it".

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
          anyways back on topic, what does everyone think should happen?

Comment

Well I’ve already been inadvertently spoiled about a plot line involving the baby already….
            Spoiler:
            It’s somehow involved in extending Roslin’s life.

I’m not sure how much of a threat the baby would pose. I mean I know physically it wouldn’t be one, but on the other hand, she will be something that the Cylons will eventually want at all costs. Or I’m guessing they will….

Course then you’ve got Sharon who would probably kill to protect it. And what about poor Helo kind of caught in the middle. She is his baby as well, but he probably won’t have much say in the matter. Killing the baby would essentially do away with any incentive Sharon might have to offer up information. Therefore, if they killed the child, then they might as well chuck Sharon out the airlock as well.

Anyway, I think destroying the baby would be a rather extreme action. I mean it’s a baby and it’s half human. I just can’t really condone killing it. So I guess I’d vote for option number 1. Not really sure how much they could learn from studying it since they really don’t seem to note many differences of a humlon from a human when they study the corpses of the ones they have offed.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
              I’m not sure how much of a threat the baby would pose. I mean I know physically it wouldn’t be one, but on the other hand, she will be something that the Cylons will eventually want at all costs. Or I’m guessing they will….
              but thats just it, we dont know what it would be capable of physically. but the bigger threat is from the cylons. the baby being born could be the triggering event for the cylons to finally wipe out the fleet. they could have done so at anytime and seem to be waiting for something, what if this is it? the baby being born could spell the destruction of the fleet.

Comment

They should let he or she grow up, and turn he or she over to their side to fight against the Cylons. That would be the tactical thing to do.
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  They should let he or she grow up, and turn he or she over to their side to fight against the Cylons. That would be the tactical thing to do.
                  assuming it can be turned, it could be hard wired to oppose them. sharon never really defected, she went with helo for the protection of her baby, her maternal programming was stronger than her other cylon programming. there's no telling what kind of programming the baby will have.

Comment

Nothing a few episodes worth of de-programming can't fix. Assuming they have the technology...
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                      but thats just it, we dont know what it would be capable of physically. but the bigger threat is from the cylons. the baby being born could be the triggering event for the cylons to finally wipe out the fleet. they could have done so at anytime and seem to be waiting for something, what if this is it? the baby being born could spell the destruction of the fleet.
                      True. But if the Colonials just go ahead and do away with the child before it comes to term, there is still nothing to stop the Cylons from jumping in and destroying the fleet. The child does seem to be a part of their overall plan, but I still think they are toying with the fleet for other reasons.

there's no telling what kind of programming the baby will have.
                      If it has any at all.

It would be a new “model” of Cylon so to speak, and the first time this type of Cylon has been created. If this is the first time a Cylon has been created in this manner, how do we know that programming is automatically inbreed into the child. We don’t even know how Cylons are programmed in the first place. Are the bodies created and then the programming uploaded or are they “born” preprogrammed? I’m thinking you have the husks and then they are uploaded with a program. Would it still have the necessary “equipment” to have programming uploaded being a human/Cylon hybrid?

The writers have done such a nice job humanizing Sharon, imo, that at the moment, I’d be rather sad if anything happened to the baby. Course all that could be a façade, and she snaps Helo’s neck first chance she gets if he’s the one standing between her and freedom.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I say let it be born. But always be ready to terminate it at the slightest sign of trouble. Maybe something can be learned from it that can help the fleet, or we can turn it to "our" side.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think Adama should snatch dat baby by the head and drown it in the nearest pond...or am I dreaming?..

Comment

I thought that it mentioned in the Episode - The Farm, that the cylons were having trouble with reproduction and that why they were using the survivors on Caprica as "baby producing machines".

So how come Sharon's pregnant ?

Boomer: They were conducting research into Human / Cylon breeding program.

Starbuck: Human / Cylon?

Helo: They call them farms. Your gunshot wound looks fine.

Starbuck: So farms, that’s great. What were they gonna do? Knock me up with some Cylon kid?

Sharon: They were gonna try to. We haven’t been successful so far.

Anders: Supposedly they can’t reproduce. You know biologically. So they have been trying every which way to produce offspring.

Starbuck: Why?

Boomer: Procreation, it’s o*ne of God’s commandments, be fruitful. We can’t fulfill it we tried so we decided to—

Starbuck: To rape human women?

Boomer: No if you agreed to bear a children it’d be voluntary maybe even set you up with someone you like.

Comment

Umm.....the baby should live to be use for research and proof that cylons and humans can have kids. But why haven't any other couples try to have their own children yet? I'm sure a few have tried and where are the kids in the fleet?

Comment

Working...
                              X