This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No goodbye for Sam?

I know that Carter couldn't be in the first show, but that doesn't mean that McKay couldn't have given Jack a note for Sam or atleast asked Dan to say goodbye to her for him. McKay is and always will be better for Sam then any other person TPTB give her. And that is coming from a card carrying non-shipper.
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

They only met twice or so, theres really no point for a goodbye between them.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
      True, but not even a love letter or something? Unless he was in love with that girl he gave his cat to.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
        but there was soooo much chemistry between them. I always wish and still hope that McKay would be a regular on the show and they could hook up. I guess it comes from me being a mechanical engineer and approximating myself to McKay. Everything he does I could easily see myself doing
        "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

I agree - maybe instead of a note though we could have heard him say to "tell Sam not to mess anything up because he wouldn'tn be there to clean up the mess".

Comment

Originally posted by grinnbearit
            I agree - maybe instead of a note though we could have heard him say to "tell Sam not to mess anything up because he wouldn'tn be there to clean up the mess".
            see yes, that is the type of goodbye I would expect from McKay. Trying to show/explain his feelings but just coming off like an ass. yes- they should have done something like that

Comment

Yea, grinnbearit said it perfectly, thats what should have been said

Comment

or have McKay say while on Atlantis," You know, any one of Lt Col. Carter's crazy, wack-job ideas or theories would be good right about now."
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Yea, it was pretty lame that there was absolute no mention of Sam or Teal'c at all in the whole 2 hours. They could have made any excuse instead of give no mention. I mean, come on, where could Teal'c be if not on the base with Jack.

Comment

I wondered about the absence of Teal'c and Sam...as I understand it (according to the AT interview on this site), they can't show up because that would mean giving credit (and presumably $$$) to the SG-1 pilot's writers who came up with those characters. So an appearance or mention or allusion would be out of the question.

But in terms of goodbyes, who was that person Dr. Weir made the vid for? Her husband? He seemed pretty shocked and upset by her departure.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they can't show up until AFTER the pilot. Hammond shows up later, so my best guess is that we'll be seeing Carter and Teal'c on Atlantis eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        True, but not even a love letter or something? Unless he was in love with that girl he gave his cat to.
                        It would have been funny for them to have a good bye fight....When I first heard the McKay was a member of Atlantis...I was expecting a run-in...and in all his interviews he would reference the Carter/McKay thing....so it really was too bad they couldn't have a nice moment on screen!

S'Claire

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                          But in terms of goodbyes, who was that person Dr. Weir made the vid for? Her husband? He seemed pretty shocked and upset by her departure.
                          Dude, that was Narim! He survived the Goa'uld attack and has been living a relatively peaceful incognito life on Earth without anyone knowing!

Comment

I didn't like that Sam or Teal'c weren't there. I mean Sam would have killed someone to be there. You saw how Daniel was acting. Sam would have loved to have seen that. The whole sending a lot of people to Atlantis was a big thing and they could never have done it without all of SG-1. Anyways, it was still cool.
                            Vegn

Comment

Well, I'm sure they had letters in backpacks or the supplies sent, much like the champagne bottle O'Neill rolled through. I wouldn't be surprised of AT or CJ did a voiceover, or vid with RDA and MS to see the expedition team off.

That, or we just didn't see the goodbyes.

And it would've been nice to hear O'Neill say something along the lines of "We'll call in one year, just to check up on you." Or something to that effect.
                              I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

Working...
                              X