This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other "shippy" Pairs

Hello, I am Bladefanatic. I am usually over at the Sheppard/Weir ship thread on the main GW forum. I have been a BSG fan, but I have never really posted her until now. (although I have been a lurker)

First of all I want to state that this is not and "anti" thread in anyway. I don't want to mock/make fun of Lee/Kara stuff, I just wanted to have a place where we could talk about other possibilities. (who knows, no one could post, and this will be back in thread heaven.)

The first time I even stepped foot into this BSG part of GW, was because I saw the eps Flight of the Phoenix and for the first time (in my own crazy mind) I finally saw sparks fly for a woman and Lee. It was when Lee was showing Dee some moves, and they both ended up down on the mat. I had to re-watch the part about a million times because my little shippy heart was going a hundred miles an hour. The only thing that kept running through my brain was "Lee and Dee would be perfect together!" The two of them just seemed to sizzle on screen. I know that the eps was a small thing, but I could not get the two out of my head. So I came here to see if anyone else had my (crazy?) thought... and found... well...nothing. I knew that Kara and Lee were the main pairing, and I also knew that Dee and Billy stood as the "couple" but like I said, my crazy shippyness could not be contained, so I finally got up my nerve and started this post. Is anyone else even on my same wave length or am I just completely cracked?
    Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Have you listened to the RDM podcasts on scifi.com?
    I think the Pegasus episode podcast (not sure) is something you should listen to.

Comment

They were definitely hot together. I like Lee/Kara and I like Lee/Dee. I ship both ways.

I actually ship Lee & any lady that can talk him out of his uniform.

Comment

does lee/very skimpy towel count too
        sigpic

Comment

I admit, I have a thing for Roslin and Adama. They compliment each other quite well and it's nice to think about a ship between two older, mature people for a change. One would assume there would be less UST and beating around the bush seeing as how they both go after what they want...

But with Roslin's future so uncertain (and if anyone knows her future, put it behind spoiler tags PLEASE), I don't know where this could go except heartbreak and angst.

Comment

yea i like that match too Adama /Roslin.
            piccy of those two... linked due to size and spoilery content for 2.11
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../2BATfpC04.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

Well I don’t ship those two (Roslin/Adama), but their relationship within the show is one of my favorites, if not on par with Adama/Lee, which has to be my favorite. The more Roslin/Adama scenes together, the better. Those two veteran actors work well together.

I lean Kara/Lee ship, but I’m willing to see just what RDM and co. do with the uh, not so subtle hints of Dee/Lee in a couple of S2 eps. They’ve got some chemistry there, and Dee may actually be more his temperament, imo. But then what about poor Billy? I like he and Dee together.

I’m not going to throw a hissy fit if Kara and Lee don’t end up together, but I will throw one if the writing of the ship triangle/quadrangle/however many angles gets really bad and detracts from the show. Guess I’ll have to wait and see how this is going to play out. So far I’ve got faith in the writers. I’m just gun-shy because of the S/J fiasco on SG-1.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                yea i like that match too Adama /Roslin.
                piccy of those two... linked due to size and spoilery content for 2.11
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../2BATfpC04.jpg
                Oh yes, that pic simply floored me when I first saw it. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Sigh, is it January yet??!!

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                Well I don’t ship those two (Roslin/Adama), but their relationship within the show is one of my favorites, if not on par with Adama/Lee, which has to be my favorite. The more Roslin/Adama scenes together, the better. Those two veteran actors work well together.
                Indeed. I'm not obsessed with having a canon ship between Roslin and Adama; I'm more than happy with more scenes between those two. They simply have an excellent dynamic.

Guess I’ll have to wait and see how this is going to play out. So far I’ve got faith in the writers. I’m just gun-shy because of the S/J fiasco on SG-1.
                Same here. I do think BSG ships are more likely to be decent than Stargate ships. Maybe it's because
                Spoiler:
                the Kara/Lee kiss was actually real and genuine - it wasn't due to alien influences and didn't happen in an AU.

I don't openly ship Kara/Lee (I like to call it "Starpollo" ), but I do think the ship is nice so far and it doesn't detract from the show so I don't mind watching it.

Comment

BamberFan you had me rolling on the floor when you said you shipped Lee and whom ever could get him out of his uniform!

I too really like Roslin and Adama. I would love to see them eventually get together.
                  For anyone who is intrested there is a Lee/Dee fan zone on livjournal.com it is called Open_Com.

Now where is this podcast on scifi.com? Linky please would love to see what they said about Dee and Lee.

I agree that I would not like a whole love triangle between anyone.

Any fic recs for your favorite "other" shippy couples?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
                    Now where is this podcast on scifi.com? Linky please would love to see what they said about Dee and Lee.
                    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes
                      Thank you so much Odin's Eyes!! **huggles to you!**

Comment

Someone introduced me to the farfetched idea of Helo/Six. I'm quite partial to that, it's not as crazy as it sounds.

Comment

Any fic recs for your favorite "other" shippy couples?
                          I don't know about other ships, but the main resource for Roslin/Adama fics is here. A warning though, a good chunk of the stories are...mature.

Comment

Thank you so much Odin's Eyes!! **huggles to you!**
                            You're welcome.

...now I only need to find out what a "huggle" is...

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes
                              You're welcome.

...now I only need to find out what a "huggle" is...
                              me thinks its the same as a hug.. i believe its netspeak

Toaster: thx for that link off to lookie at the ficcys.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X