DS9 from the beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 from the beginning

Started watching it from the beginning - Sisko has hair!!!

Kira's hotter than I remembered and Garak rules
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Originally posted by Qasim
    Started watching it from the beginning - Sisko has hair!!!

Kira's hotter than I remembered and Garak rules
    And no goatee either! Kira's a cosmic firecracker, especially the mirror universe version.

First time watching DS9, or have you watched later seasons?
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Watched all of it before but watching it in coherent order this time
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I see. It's my favourite Trek series. Going to start my collection of DS9 in the new year.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

it just started over last week on Spike.

I personally prefer the later Kira & sisko.

Kira was way hotter with the longer hair, and when her uniform wasn't all uptight, and when she stopped acting like some crazy vengeful relgious fanatic - also, her voice was so taught and high and whiney in the early episode. ugh. She was definitely hotter in the later seasons I think.

sisko was clearly superior once he shaved his head, grew the beard. he was much more formidable in appearance, and that alone seemed to change his demeanor as well. he went from "i'm a commander" to "i will rip your head off" and it was sweet.

Comment

sisko with hair yes did't seem to suit him, since seeing the later seasons he certainly dosent, kira's hair was i must say a little bad but in season 7 it looked alot better but of all of the characters i think she may have changed the most from some little angry alien to some real person with feelings i especially liked the episode in season 5 when her cardasssian father dies, seeing that makes her character evolve and is one of my faves.
            i think odo changed and his attempts to win the heart of kira changed him for the better.
            now Garak he became more human like as the seasons progressed i prefered him as the mysterious and dark character that was portrayed in early seasons.

going back to sisko i think that when he got command of the defient he became more respected that the mere commander of an old space station. not to say its an extension of a you know what! but he became the sisko that fans liked when the ships came into the fold in season 3.
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Sisko was so stiff and unwavering the first couple of seasons, he had no personailty or anything really likable about himself. He did get much better by the time he went to the shaved clean look.

Kira is just hot period!. She seemed like she could kick major azz in real life too
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

my favourite Kira episode is "in ties of blood and water" the emotion was good and it was one of the only episodes where you really feel a deep hatred by kira against Dukat where as before it seemed petty in instances such as "if thats a threat dukat, i'm not impressed" to the real emotional display of wanting to kill him for him finding humour in the death of her old cardassian friend who has defected from the order.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Seriously, before the DVDs came out I hadn't seen most of the episodes, but after/when they came out, I watched the episodes that I missed, and damn where the last few seasons good.
                  sigpic

Comment

My viewing is scattered, due to iffy TV access for Spike TV, but I saw the Season 2 episode "Rules of Acquisition" today. Some people may not like the Ferengi episodes, but this one is a landmark because it includes the first whisper of the Dominion. Followed by other small references and events that IMO were a great way to introduce an enemy. To think the TPTB for Deep Space Nine couldn't have imagined when they wrote this one that the one comment would lead to one of the most complex story lines in Trek, in my opinion.
                    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

When you say shaved head, you mean canned the old one and brought in the new guy right?

Comment

It was Avery Brooks all the way through, he just shaved his head and grew a beard

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                          When you say shaved head, you mean canned the old one and brought in the new guy right?
                          WTF!!!! There was no new guy
                          love Torri

Comment

I used to hate the show. And I guess it's because I never started watching it from the beginning. Then one day I watched it from the beginning and everything made sense and I have to admit it is a good series.

But I'll hold to my original opinion and that it is not as good as TNG.
                            ...it never ends.

Comment

Watched ep 4 today where that guy tries to frame Odo for murder
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X