Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Atlanteans gave the Wraith the advantage in war!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlanteans gave the Wraith the advantage in war!

Having watched The Rising part 1 in syndication yesterday I finally had a chance to watch the recording hologram diligently and the woman speaks very clearly that they intended to seed life in a galaxy where there appeared to be none. She goes on to state that in time over 1,000 worlds bore the fruit of life. Until one day they stepped foot on a planet where a terrible enemy slept. The Wraith culled the planets seeded with life like a scourge until only Atlantis was left.

I don't know why I never recognized before but IMO the wraith were already in the galaxy when the Atlanteans arrived but had already devoided the life of the galaxy and had to go into a slumber or they risked dying of starvation. The Atlanteans gave them all the fuel they needed to mount a war by seeding 1,000 worlds with bountiful populations. Thats why the Wraith are now showing signs of internal strife and division. They know there isn't enough food to go around for them all.

Something tells me the Atlanteans just did a quick surface scan and since the entire Wraith population was in a deep slumber they didn't detect their life signs since we know the life sign detector didn't work in a previous episode "The Defiant One"

Have you already seen "38 minutes" ? The answer is partially in this episode.
    Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

The hologram didn't specifically mention the Wraith.
      This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
        She goes on to state that in time over 1,000 worlds bore the fruit of life. Until one day they stepped foot on a planet where a terrible enemy slept.
        omg... Zahadoom! (sorry, Babylon 5 reference there hahaha)

Comment

Interesting thought but as Pamplemousse of France has said the only info we have on the Wraith origins (and this has been discussed numerous times in other threads) is that when the Ancients were seeding life in the Pegasus Galaxy, they inadvertently seeded life on a planet where the Iratus bugs (bugs from "38 Minutes") were. Over time as the bugs "fed" on the humans, human DNA got mixed into their own and *poof* the Wraith came about.

Also, it's not that the life sign detector didn't work, it's just that it dosen't detect hybernating Wraith.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

Thats what I was trying to say in reference to the life sign detector.

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
              Interesting thought but as Pamplemousse of France has said the only info we have on the Wraith origins (and this has been discussed numerous times in other threads) is that when the Ancients were seeding life in the Pegasus Galaxy, they inadvertently seeded life on a planet where the Iratus bugs (bugs from "38 Minutes") were. Over time as the bugs "fed" on the humans, human DNA got mixed into their own and *poof* the Wraith came about.

Also, it's not that the life sign detector didn't work, it's just that it dosen't detect hybernating Wraith.
              The hologram says that they had never before met someone who's technology rivaled their own. Now unless the Atlanteans took the city of Atlantis and explored other galaxies for years on end I don't see how the Wraith could have developed such an advanced level of technology and in such abundance that the Atlanteans couldn't immediately squelch the wraith problem. Of course I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

Comment

Finish the season. You'll learn the truth.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                  The hologram says that they had never before met someone who's technology rivaled their own.
                  No, it said "power". I rewatched it to make sure of that.
                  This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                    No, it said "power". I rewatched it to make sure of that.
                    Just read the transcript of the episode and you're right. It does say "power" but the point of emphasis for me is the fact the hologram said "Then one day our people stepped foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own. In our over confidence, we weren't prepared and outnumbered." That makes it seem like the wraith were fully matured and aware of their power. I wouldnt' think that a species could just up and challenge the Atlanteans without having working knowledge and previous military tactical experience.

Comment

The highly organized structure of most insects could lead one to believe that some parts of military organization carried over into the Wraith from the Iratus bug. The life signs detector probably just finds active organisms. So it wouldn't pick up, say a hibenating iguana unless it was very close. I'm still waiting for a super detector, like the internal sensors of Atlantis.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

The sensors in that
                        Spoiler:
                        ancient ship they're going to find
                        may be that powerful.
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                          The sensors in that
                          Spoiler:
                          ancient ship they're going to find
                          may be that powerful.
                          what
                          Spoiler:
                          ancient ship

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                            what
                            Spoiler:
                            ancient ship
                            Spoiler:

The one in Inferno

Comment

An interesting idea, with some evidence. In fact I asked some of those questions myself. But the evidence to the contrary is alittle weightier.

Comment

Working...
                              X