This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple Atlantis questions

Seeing as the Ancients left Earth with Atlantis millions of years ago to go to the Pegasus galaxy, before the Taur'i evolved, are the Humans found throughout the Pegasus galaxy descendents of the Ancients, and not of Earth humans?

And also, has there ever been any sign of interaction between the Wraith and the Asgard? It would seem like the Asgard would at least know of a race like them.
    sigpic

I'm not sure actually, because human life was only reset in the Milky Way.... can anyone answer this one?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

its been said a couple times that the Ancients "created" and "seeded" human life through out pegasus. i dont think the humans in pegasus are descended from anyone, they are just human from human descendents. the ancients seeded human life in the pegasus galaxy with the intent of watching them evolve and become ancients themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis
        Seeing as the Ancients left Earth with Atlantis millions of years ago to go to the Pegasus galaxy, before the Taur'i evolved, are the Humans found throughout the Pegasus galaxy descendents of the Ancients, and not of Earth humans?

And also, has there ever been any sign of interaction between the Wraith and the Asgard? It would seem like the Asgard would at least know of a race like them.
        No... The Ancients seeded Pegasus the same way they seeded the Milky Way. However, they seeded Pegasus after the Milky Way, so technically we're the 2nd Evolution of the human form, while the Pegasusians are the 3rd.

Basically, the Ancients became sentient in some other Galaxy, traveled to the Milky Way, settled down, made us, some plague hit them so they went to Pegasus, then they created the humans there, as well as making the Wraith (ooops), and then ran away like cowards back to the Milky Way they all Ascended.

That's what I believe happened, correct Me if I am wrong.

Comment

And also, has there ever been any sign of interaction between the Wraith and the Asgard?
          Not to my knowledge, unless you count Hermiod on the Daedalus. I believe they come from two entirely different galaxies, and I don't think any mention has been made of an encounter between the two species. Definitely not on Atlantis, but I missed some of SG-1 S8, so if it was mentioned, it was there.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

First off, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I too think the Ancients created life in Pegasus in a similar fashion as they did in the MW.

As for the Asgard interacting with the Wraith in the past, I don't think they ever did. Different galaxies, and the Wraith really had no real reason to leave the PG before finding out about Earth.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So, the Tau'ri didn't evolve on their own, but were created/assisted by the Ancients? And does that mean that the humans of the PG aren't really the same as Milky Way humans and the descendents of the Tau'ri, but some genetically different species?
              sigpic

Comment

So, the Tau'ri didn't evolve on their own, but were created/assisted by the Ancients? And does that mean that the humans of the PG aren't really the same as Milky Way humans and the descendents of the Tau'ri, but some genetically different species?
                we're supposed to be the exact same as the pegasus humans, except that we havent encountered any pegasus humans that have the ATA gene as of yet. i think its just a matter of the same process being used to create humans just in different places. if you plant two kernals of corn from the same ear in different places they are going to be the same type of plant with only minor differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  No... The Ancients seeded Pegasus the same way they seeded the Milky Way. However, they seeded Pegasus after the Milky Way, so technically we're the 2nd Evolution of the human form, while the Pegasusians are the 3rd.

Basically, the Ancients became sentient in some other Galaxy, traveled to the Milky Way, settled down, made us, some plague hit them so they went to Pegasus, then they created the humans there, as well as making the Wraith (ooops), and then ran away like cowards back to the Milky Way they all Ascended.

That's what I believe happened, correct Me if I am wrong.
                  I think they would have seeded the MW after the plague. Would the Tau'ri have been affected by the plague too?
                  Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Presumably, the Ancients
                    Spoiler:
                    left Altera, or wherever it was, Ori-galaxy
                    and then came to the Milky Way, then went to Pegasus, then came back to the Milky Way. Question is did they seed Earth before or after they went to Pegasus then came back? From Frozen, I think it on their return.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                      Presumably, the Ancients
                      Spoiler:
                      and then came to the Milky Way, then went to Pegasus, then came back to the Milky Way. Question is did they seed Earth before or after they went to Pegasus then came back? From Frozen, I think it on their return.
                      I think they seeded the Milky Way after they returned too.
                      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Otherwise there wouldn't have been such a fuss over the Frozen chick's age.

Comment

Here's my theory:

The Ancients came to the MW seeded life here, Then about 5-10 Million years ago there was a plague that struck the humans and the Ancients. Some of the Ancients ascended and some left for the Pegasus Galaxy with Atlantis. As shown in Rising part 1 not all of the non ascended Ancients left with Atlantis.

The Ancients in the Pegasus Galaxy then seeded life there.

The Ancients who remained in the MW created the device on Dakara to recreate life in the MW Jim says in Threads that the device was orginally built to create life in the universe, or rather recreate it after the plague. He then says that it will all be undone by Anubis, and that a million-odd years of evolution will have gone to waste.
                          Last edited by Betelgeuze; 05 December 2005, 01:18 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                            Presumably, the Ancients
                            Spoiler:
                            Here's a quote from Threads:
                            Jim: ..."That device was originally used by the Ancients to create life in the Milky Way ... well, recreate it after the whole plague thing. No kidding. Now it all gets undone with the push of one button, leaving Anubis to recreate things all over to his own liking. There's a waste of a million-odd years of evolution, huh?"...

Atlantis left Earth for Pegasus several million years ago (Rising) and the Ancients didn't return through the stargate until 10,000 years ago. They must have seeded Earth before they left, or at least by those who stayed behind, since Jim says there'd be a waste of a million-odd years of evolution, not 10,000-odd years of evolution.
                            Last edited by bcharley; 05 December 2005, 01:46 AM.

Comment

The Asgard would not know the wraith, whywould they go to Pegasus, when what was there scared away the gatebuilders? They may have known of trouble there but no specifically
                              The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Working...
                              X