This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones for dinner

I mentioned in another thread that the wraith have genetic replication tec. and they are running out of food so why dont they clone humans to use as food.

What do you guys and girls think.

Because they seem to get more nutrients from certain people & their experiences. Like in 'Poisoning the well', 'Rising' etc. They choose who they want, a bit of a ripoff from 'Jeepers Creepers' imo.

Clones would be blank slates & don't think they'd get what they want from them. So unless they started farms & gave lots of concessions for the clones to grow individually, the best thing is to leave the people on worlds & do it for themselves. When the Wraith are hungry they go & cull the planets. Much easier for them to do!

Comment

But what happens when those people run out, im not saying that one of the deadliest races in the Known universe should give up and become farmers but it would solve alot of problems.

Comment

The clone thing is one of the biggest plot holes in SG-A and TPTB need to explain it soon, I mean what real difference does a clone have with a normal person?

Otherwise the Wraith have some reason for not cloning.

Comment

dont forget that our dark looking, life sucking friends from beyond the stars like their humans to be resistant, more flavourable didnt they say? A blank, dead minded clone isnt really resistant...just nothing.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

It would be the rational thing to do in that situation, I agree!

However that involves too much effor on the Wraith's part. They aren't a particularly patient race & simply cloning & growing them in a lab wouldn't work. They seem to need experiences to define them, this is what the Wraith look for, such as the one in 'Rising' chose Sumner because of his strength etc, Whereas the one in PTW didn't want the guy because it knew he was sick. Clones would be a blank slate & no good, so the only real way to do it would be to clone them as babies. Put them on a planet with real humans & start the civilization all over from scratch. Give them hundreds of years to grow to a suitable size & then cull. However they would need to clone 100's of 1000's in order to populate enough in such a short period of time to feed the Wraith. More likely it would probably take re-population a few planets to get enough to feed all Wraith for a while.

Another possible problem is that the Wraith aren't a single faction, they are split into their own little groups. Sure in the end they all come together & fight as one for their common goal. Such as removing the ancients from Pegasus, in order to give them free reign over the other planets in the galaxy. The problem here is that not all Wraith would be willing to wait 100's of years of them standing idly by & wait for planets to grow. So some of the larger groups would probably come up & demand they feed first. Others wouldn't agree & that would cause a civil war.

However in saying all that, I think the main reason is them as a race are simply too unpatient, arrogant & lack the sight to see the bigger picture. So it's easier & much less hassle to sleep & let all remaining inhabited planets populations grow naturally for a couple hundred years.

If they don't get to their new feeding ground soon though, I'm sure ast some point we'll be introduced to farms at some point in the future.

A few Sci-Fi shows have done this, if it's not cloning humans or infecting them. Then it's using farms, the last one that I seem to recall was BSG a few eps into S2. So I think we'll find Shep & his team come across a Wraith base that has clones in it. Except that only a few Wraith know about it & it was hidden from the others as it means more food for themselves. Probably they will still be embryos or something like that, fully developed clones would need a great deal of space & that wouldn't go undected by the others for such a long period of time. So they'll probably use another reason for the lack of them completing the project etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
              It would be the rational thing to do in that situation, I agree!

However that involves too much effor on the Wraith's part. They aren't a particularly patient race & simply cloning & growing them in a lab wouldn't work. They seem to need experiences to define them, this is what the Wraith look for, such as the one in 'Rising' chose Sumner because of his strength etc, Whereas the one in PTW didn't want the guy because it knew he was sick. Clones would be a blank slate & no good, so the only real way to do it would be to clone them as babies. Put them on a planet with real humans & start the civilization all over from scratch. Give them hundreds of years to grow to a suitable size & then cull. However they would need to clone 100's of 1000's in order to populate enough in such a short period of time to feed the Wraith. More likely it would probably take re-population a few planets to get enough to feed all Wraith for a while.

Another possible problem is that the Wraith aren't a single faction, they are split into their own little groups. Sure in the end they all come together & fight as one for their common goal. Such as removing the ancients from Pegasus, in order to give them free reign over the other planets in the galaxy. The problem here is that not all Wraith would be willing to wait 100's of years of them standing idly by & wait for planets to grow. So some of the larger groups would probably come up & demand they feed first. Others wouldn't agree & that would cause a civil war.

However in saying all that, I think the main reason is them as a race are simply too unpatient, arrogant & lack the sight to see the bigger picture. So it's easier & much less hassle to sleep & let all remaining inhabited planets populations grow naturally for a couple hundred years.

If they don't get to their new feeding ground soon though, I'm sure ast some point we'll be introduced to farms at some point in the future.

A few Sci-Fi shows have done this, if it's not cloning humans or infecting them. Then it's using farms, the last one that I seem to recall was BSG a few eps into S2. So I think we'll find Shep & his team come across a Wraith base that has clones in it. Except that only a few Wraith know about it & it was hidden from the others as it means more food for themselves. Probably they will still be embryos or something like that, fully developed clones would need a great deal of space & that wouldn't go undected by the others for such a long period of time. So they'll probably use another reason for the lack of them completing the project etc.

The Wraith are super patient, they're freaking immortal and they even brag about being patient.

The only reason I can think of that the Wraith aren't cloning (because it is a period of time where taste doesn't matter..) is some plot hole that has to be explained..

Comment

Originally posted by Whatazarian
                The Wraith are super patient, they're freaking immortal and they even brag about being patient.

The only reason I can think of that the Wraith aren't cloning (because it is a period of time where taste doesn't matter..) is some plot hole that has to be explained..
                Your right, the wraith are starving they cant be picky about who they eat.

Comment

Because over time clones become less and less efficient (hence the Asgards problem) eventually they would be cloning clones and they would degrade in quality eventually it would not be the best choice for them.

Plus they do enjoy the kull and clones would take the fun out of the feeding
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

One thing though why dont the wraith just go back into hibarnation

Comment

They've used up too much energy

Take for an example a bear before hibernating it fattens up. While it 'sleeps' it slowly uses up that fat (energy) when it wakes up it has very little fat/energy left so it needs to fill up on food again. If it tried to go back to sleep it would starve to death

The Wraith now are the starved bears waking up, they don't have enough energy to go back to hibernating

(hmm... I wonder if as Wraith increase their stores of energy (by feeding more) they will become more dangerous. On the otherhand a half-staved animal mightn't be in top physical condition but it is definitly more desperate, and desperate animals are more violent)
                      sigpic

Comment

You can ask the same question about the Ori. Why don't they genetically engineer a race of people designed to worship them?

I'm guessing the reason why the Wraith don't use clones is because clones lack something the Wraith needs, something that can't be grown in a lab.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          You can ask the same question about the Ori. Why don't they genetically engineer a race of people designed to worship them?

I'm guessing the reason why the Wraith don't use clones is because clones lack something the Wraith needs, something that can't be grown in a lab.
                          Name one thing that cant be made in a lab

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                            Name one thing that cant be made in a lab
                            cold fusion with a net power increase

Comment

Originally posted by bbal4163
                              cold fusion with a net power increase
                              What the hell is that

Comment

Working...
                              X