This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennant: Doctor #10 or Doctor #2

I'm wondering what you guy's think. Do you think David Tennant is the 10th Doctor (of the Old and New Doctor Who) or the 2nd Doctor (of the New Doctor Who)?

Altough the producers of the show consider Tennant the 10th Doctor, I was wondering what you guys think. I personally think he's the 2nd Doctor.
    sigpic

Definitely the 10th, at least in terms of the Doctor's path through life. His adventures through his first seven incarnations were chronicled in the original series; the eighth incarnation appeared in the TV movie; and the new series is covering his ninth and tenth incarnations (and possibly more, if things develop that way). He didn't suddenly get entitled to several more regenerations because the new series came out.
    I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

10th of course, we can't start the doctor over too much history
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        I'm wondering what you guy's think. Do you think David Tennant is the 10th Doctor (of the Old and New Doctor Who) or the 2nd Doctor (of the New Doctor Who)?

Altough the producers of the show consider Tennant the 10th Doctor, I was wondering what you guys think. I personally think he's the 2nd Doctor.
        Tenth.

Comment

Tenth. If CE hadn't encountered Autons and Daleks then there'd be a case perhaps for it being a whole new show, but he's a Time Lord in a Tardis whose enemies recognise him from encounters we saw in Classic Who. So he's the same Doctor, version #10.

Madeleine

Comment

13th. After the ones played by Rowan Atkinson, Richard E...something, Hugh Grant and Joanna...whatever (from Ab-Fab).

Comment

definitely tenth! For crying out loud, it's a continuous reincarnation of the good ol' Doc! You can't just wipe the slate clean every time the writer changes!

btw, those comedy versions of the Doc don't count as they weren't part of the ongoing franchise thing
              (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

yay, I'm a mature symbiote! Sorry
                (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

he's definately a 10
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

10th for me as well.

Comment

Because of the events of one episode in season 2 (new who) he has to be doc 10
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

TENnant, Ten. Yup, definitely Tenth for me!
                        This is the first time I've ever seen someone call him the Second Doctor, btw. And probably the last...

Comment

10th! And this coming season will prove that when
                          Spoiler:
                          Sarah-Jane and K-9
                          show up.
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I'm surprised that we're even asking this question...
                            Thirty-something years of Who history ignored by a single question!

What's the rationale for thinking that Tennant is No: 2 instead of No:10 anyway...

Originally posted by Dallista
                            TENnant, Ten. Yup, definitely Tenth for me!
                            This is the first time I've ever seen someone call him the Second Doctor, btw. And probably the last...
                            Amen, Dallista... Amen...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              What's the rationale for thinking that Tennant is No: 2 instead of No:10 anyway...
                              I suppose it's the same rationale as - was the new series S1 or S27??

Comment

Working...
                              X