This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    Yes ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe it - read the first entry by the person who started this thread - perhaps you are in the wrong place based on your opinions (realizing if course that this is an open thread where all are welcome to their opinions but it is not appropriate to come here, or anywhere else at GW, and presume to be the only one with the correct or valid opinion or presume to tell anyone else, regardless of their opinions, what to do).

If you are incapabale of having a discussion based on differing opinions perhaps you are on the wrong thread - try the pro-vala thread or the pro-S10 thread or any other thread where opinions will be the same as yours so you do not have to constantly offend others with your arrogant remarks. If you do not like what this thread has to say because some of the posts differ from your hallowed opinions please take your opinions elsewhere and stop insulting others and stop telling other people what to do -YOU get over it - it's not going to change - GW has always been a place where people can voice their opinions regardless of what that opinion is - it is after all about democracy and freedom of speech, etc., the very things the US military has fought so hard for decades to preserve for Americans as well as others around the globe.
    Ditto, what **binkpmmc** so eloquently said.

Just sayin'. <>
    Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 26 November 2005, 03:24 PM.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      Ditto, what **binkpmmc** so elequently said.

Just sayin'. <>
      Me too.

What could we have possibly been thinking, you know.. *discussing* Vala in a *discussion* thread on a *discussion* forum.

~bri~

Comment

As long as the discussions remain civil - and with the exception of posts from one person and a few responses to said posts, it has been - this thread will remain open.

however.....there are at least two sides to every issue and vala joining the show is no exception. Some love it, some hate it, some don't care and still others like/hate it with provisions.

NONE OF THESE POINTS OF VIEW ARE WRONG. They only have to be right for the person voicing them.

If any person is not willing to read/post here and accept that they might read posts that do not fall in line with thier own personal opinions, then they need to go play in another thread.

Debate the topic - which happens to be vala and season ten, not the posters.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Things would be easier if everyone here figured out that I'm right all the time and bowed to my wishes...especially regarding Vala.

...I'm kidding of course...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Things would be easier if everyone here figured out that I'm right all the time and bowed to my wishes...especially regarding Vala.

...I'm kidding of course...

**ÜberSG-1Fan**

Just sayin'!
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
              That is part of the challenge, valaCB, to bring a character like Vala - impulsive, secretive, defensive - into a team environment. She shouldn't always be so very at odds with everyone all the time. I believe CB said in an interview that Vala would have to morph into someone a bit more approachable and trustworthy to work in the SG1 setting on a long term basis.

Having said that, it is natural for new actors of her caliber (coming from a lead in another series) to be featured almost exclusively for an ep or so before they mesh them into the series. Can we presume Vala has had an adequate "seasoning" after 5 episodes in? Can the writers now begin to build back the band?

Just sayin', every actor in a team/ensemble show like SG1 and SGA will be featured and sidelined at some points. Vala has certainly been featured, so she may not get as much screen time as she had in her debut. Again, the writers have to be up on it (with studio input, natch) with storylines that work all elements in.
              You are right but i hope that these epis will be a few.

Comment

Vala will be a fantastic addition to SG-1.

Comment

^Indeed.

I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                  X