This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10 & Vala

When i read that Vala was to be a regular cast member I was so depressed...
    Why?
    Most of the episodes with Vala were not serious at all...
    Do they want to turn stargate sg1 in a comedy?
    I only hope that the writers will make her serious, I don't care a little humor like Jack , but not like she did before...
    They are wasting Claudia's talent...
    I only hope that in the other half of season 9 and season 10, they will work on Mitchell also. We don't know who he is really?
    What I felt about him in first half of season 9, is that they wanted to make a Jack Junior with Mitchell...
    I Liked how they introduced Sheppard in Atlantis, he is good, they should have done the same with Mitchell...

I like the Ori threat, it seem really more serious than the goa'uld that I never believed to be so powerful afterall, but the Ori, are real bad guys, tough to beat, I like this..

I like a meeting between the Ori and wraith, lol it would be exciting ...!

I just hope Stargate will be serious, not a big joke like a few episodes on the first half of season 9....
    All good things must come to an end...
    Canada Rule!!!

Originally posted by acce
    When i read that Vala was to be a regular cast member I was so depressed...
    Why?
    I only hope that the writers will make her serious, I don't care a little humor like Jack , but not like she did before...
    They are wasting Claudia's talent...
    SPOILERS of season 8 or 9

Vala also have a dramatic part, she has been host of a goauld and has been rejected from her people, maybe the writers can explore more that part and make her a little more serious. I hope so
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
    Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

One.

Exactly one of the episodes with Vala wasn't serious at all (excepting that part in the middle where it was).

Or maybe you find things like being trapped in strangers' bodies in whole other galaxies, meeting the creepiest bad guys I've seen in a long time, finding out that our galaxy is about to be invaded by said bad guys, being burned to death, and/or watching entire planets full of people die to be humorous?

I just hope Stargate will be serious, not a big joke like a few episodes on the first half of season 9....
      One.
      ~bri~

Comment

Vala the character is a standard Sci fi female. Nothing special about her. Nothing like the original Stargate characters.

Stargate is now relegated to standard B grade sci fi. Vala an her sprog should, be fun and exciting (not) just like the last pathetic season of farscape or Xena. Not worth my time watching....

Although I will continue to post until this too no longer amuses me.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
          One.

Exactly one of the episodes with Vala wasn't serious at all (excepting that part in the middle where it was).

Or maybe you find things like being trapped in strangers' bodies in whole other galaxies, meeting the creepiest bad guys I've seen in a long time, finding out that our galaxy is about to be invaded by said bad guys, being burned to death, and/or watching entire planets full of people die to be humorous?

One.
          I think what Acce was getting at was that Vala's character isn't serious. She was cracking jokes while being draged only to be set on fire.

Vala should not at all be a regular. She has know military background, purpose or reason for being on the show right now. TPTB has to introduce all of this for allot of people to buy into it.

So far she is a thief, someone that can't be trusted and is only in it for herself. So what does the SGC have for her and what does she want in return.

The team has four people already. What is she going to be doing?

The bottom line is she needs to develop her character and give her a solid reason to join. And I would like it to be a moral one and not a reason to furhter her person wealth.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            I think what Acce was getting at was that Vala's character isn't serious. She was cracking jokes while being draged only to be set on fire.

The bottom line is she needs to develop her character and give her a solid reason to join. And I would like it to be a moral one and not a reason to furhter her person wealth.
            Oh, come on, how many times has Jack been in life-threatening situations and cracking jokes at the same time?

I agree that her character needs to be developed and that there needs to be a good reason for her to on the show full time, I'm sure TPTB are working on that right now.

So far she is a thief, someone that can't be trusted and is only in it for herself she's also someone who tried her hardest to cure the people in TPTB and was willing to sacrifice herself in Beachead. She's also an ex-host who (as far as we know) was kicked, spat on and rejected in the aftermath, who had no support system to help her (unlike Skaara, Sam, Kendra, Sarah). She has knowledge of the Gao'uld from her time as a host as well as knowledge of other parts of the universe , like the Lucian Allience, that the SGC doesn't. Who knows what useful infomation she'll bring back from the Ori galaxy. She may not have a military background but she's shown that she's quite capable of looking after herself and others, should the need arise. She can also use Gao'uld hand devices which has already proved useful.
            I think there's great scope for the character to be useful to the SGC and for her to be an interesting character in her own right. I'd like to see her time as a Gao'uld explored as well as her de-gao'ulding. I'd like to see her finding out about Sha're and connecting to Daniel in that way. I like to see her bonding with Sam over being ex-hosts. As I say, great scope for the character and for the show to pick up past threads.
            Last edited by yabyumpan; 23 November 2005, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              The team has four people already. What is she going to be doing?
              Who ever said she was going to part of SG-1? Who even said she was going to be in the opening credits? They said she signed on as a regular character - just like Janet, Jacob, Bra'tac, and Caroline are regular characters.

And I have no idea what she'll be doing. No one has any idea what she'll be doing. And all this "gloom and doom"ing crap is starting to get on my nerves. Every season it's the same exact thing - Character A is going to be sidelined! Character C is going to get more screen time than anyone else! Character F is nothing but Character X from Show Y with a different name!

And it never happens. None of the stuff that people gripe and groan and moan and complain about months before the season even gets written ever happens.

I'm not saying that people don't have a right to complain or express their feelings, but FCOL, do they have to do it in every single thread? Or start 10,000 different threads about the exact same thing?

Okay, we get it - Vala's coming back, and some people a ticked. Some people are happy. And a vastly higher number than either of those groups just don't even care.

I'm getting sick and tired of being made to feel like some sort of traitor because I happen to like Vala and I'm glad she's coming back next season.

Yes, she's been the comic relief so far this season, but so what? Jack's stupidity has been the comic relief since S4 on. At least Vala's starting out that way instead of turning stupid halfway through. Maybe she doesn't have any deeper qualities - I don't know. But even if she doesn't, I'd much rather have a character that starts out with no depth than another one that starts out strong, smart, and charismatic and turns stupid 4 years later just for the sake of a few cheap laughs.
              ~bri~

Comment

If vala is the woman in black then thank the lord!

It's about time SG-1 had a good looking mature woman again after Dr Fraser. She's a real fit babe for a woman in her 30's and to be honest I quite like her.

Carter isn't really very attractive and I've always found her a bit boring to look at. Hope that doesn't cause offence..

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                  If vala is the woman in black then thank the lord!

It's about time SG-1 had a good looking mature woman again after Dr Fraser. She's a real fit babe for a woman in her 30's and to be honest I quite like her.

Carter isn't really very attractive and I've always found her a bit boring to look at. Hope that doesn't cause offence..

-Turboz
                  Yes, because thats what SG-1 is all about. The Babes... babes and hunks...
                  I mean you read the synopisis in TV guide and it is Stargate SG-1 the life gaurds of the Milky way... look at them run ooooo bouncing booobbbieeessss yay.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by yabyumpan
                    Oh, come on, how many times has Jack been in life-threatening situations and cracking jokes at the same time?
                    The difference is that Jack is an honorable person. Vala (as written) is a thief and an opportunist, and a very self-centered one at that.

I'm sure TPTB plan to redeem her. They started with her exit from the show when she saved the day. But after eight years of what I know to be Stargate canon, they haven't yet convinced me that this character has anything to offer the SGC. More likely, I think they'd throw her in the brig, after everything she's pulled.

And before anyone gets angry at what I've said, please read this. I was a Farscape fan. I really like CB and BB. I just don't like these characters, because TPTB haven't given me any reason to like them. They've added practically nothing to S9.
                    Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Vala the character is a standard Sci fi female. Nothing special about her. Nothing like the original Stargate characters.

Stargate is now relegated to standard B grade sci fi. Vala an her sprog should, be fun and exciting (not) just like the last pathetic season of farscape or Xena. Not worth my time watching....

That's what I fear too! They still have a chance to redeem it, tell us what happened to Jack, give Sam and Jack a happy ending and give me a reason to like the new characters. What disappoints me is that so far, they've done none of that!!! I can't fathom why. If they had maintained the respect for the characters they had already created while they were introducing the new ones, they might have kept all the old viewers plus picked up the new ones. As it is, they've just broken even.

Bad business.

Comment

well, I'm not too excited about Vala joining SG-1. But I guess the atmosphere between her and Danny is worth the sacrifice! I swear I'm going to live longer (because of laughter) just because of Stargate! lol

Comment

We're already having a big debate over this in this thread:
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20428

As I stated in my posts in that thread, Vala is a great character and her humor will help to make up for RDA's absence. I look forward to season ten.

Comment

I like vala. She brings back some of the humor that left with jack, the scenes with vala and daniel are pretty funny so I like that she will be in season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

Damn, sorry to have lost you friend.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
                              One.

One.
                              Nice post, IMHO. I'd green you if I could.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X