Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten
    I noticed that, as well. It sounded like the probe - not what a humpback would actually sound like underwater. It also had some of the basic physical characteristics of a humpback - very elongated pectoral flippers, the same general size and body shape... hence the reason I called it a Funky Atlantis Humpback Whale.
    I could live with that... I am really glad that they've finally done something with all that water... it's about time!
    More of the Funky Atlantis Humpback Whale please! Wonder if anyone in Atlantis can speak "whale".
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
      It's an episode that I won't watch again *shrug*. There's been good and there's been bad this season, but I will say this, I'll be wary of any episode written by Binder. For me, he continues to fall flat. The only episode he's written that I've enjoyed was Aurora.

For the rest, he focuses too much on McKay and leaves the rest hanging without much to work with. That's dissappointing.
      I believe this episode was written by Martin Gero...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        The development that Rodney got here is what I think Sheppard should have got in Epiphany. He needed it far more... We've seen lots of angsty Rodney already this season... we really didn't NEED anymore but it's not to say that there weren't some priceless moments. There are parallels with Epiphany... characters trapped, characters in despair accompanied by attractive distractions. The difference in Grace Under Pressure was that the distraction had a purpose.
        I'd love to see Shep get this developement. We've had nothing BUT Rodney developement and I admit, I'm not interested in it. Epiphany SHOULD have been like this for SHEp adn WOULD have been had TPTB left in the flashbacks and ditched the stupid invisibeast crap. But...I doubt TPTB will ever focus on any character the way they do Rodney and certainly not Shep. I've seen more focus on pretty much EVERYONE but. Tis sad. Joe's a fab actor and being wasted.

Comment

I believe this episode was written by Martin Gero...
          It was, and directed by Martin Wood
          sigpic

Comment

I noticed that, as well. It sounded like the probe - not what a humpback would actually sound like underwater. It also had some of the basic physical characteristics of a humpback - very elongated pectoral flippers, the same general size (although going back to look this one was a bit larger) and body shape... hence the reason I called it a Funky Atlantis Humpback Whale.
            The first thing I thought of was the probe from ST IV too.

I could live with that... I am really glad that they've finally done something with all that water... it's about time!
            More of the Funky Atlantis Humpback Whale please! Wonder if anyone in Atlantis can speak "whale".
            LOL!!

I hope they explore the ocean a lot more. It's so deep they're bound to find trillions of undiscovered organisms and cool fish... and sea monsters! Perhaps they will discover the origins of the Loch Ness monster! (or not. Sometimes I get carried away... )
            Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
            Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              It was, and directed by Martin Wood
              Martin Wood rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                I'd love to see Shep get this developement. We've had nothing BUT Rodney developement and I admit, I'm not interested in it. Epiphany SHOULD have been like this for SHEp adn WOULD have been had TPTB left in the flashbacks and ditched the stupid invisibeast crap. But...I doubt TPTB will ever focus on any character the way they do Rodney and certainly not Shep. I've seen more focus on pretty much EVERYONE but. Tis sad. Joe's a fab actor and being wasted.
                I agree that Epiphany was a waste of opportunities when it comes to Shepp. I would have loved to see more of him and his fears or memories than of this silly and old beast story. And I agree that there should be more character development for Sheppard, or better, more background information. But at least he has enough screentime and I really don't think that pretty much everyone else gets more attention than him. Ronon, Carson and Teyla surely don't have more screentime OR character development.
                Of course it's easy for me to say that since I'm a McKay fan and happy that I can see so much of him. But I also like Shepp, and I'd love to see more of him or the others or more team action.

Originally posted by Buggy542
                ... and sea monsters! Perhaps they will discover the origins of the Loch Ness monster! (or not. Sometimes I get carried away... )
                LOL! Nessie from Lantia, that's great! Maybe they had Nessie or a few of her ancestors in a sea water tank/aquarium in the city when they flew to earth! But how did Nessie end up in Scotland?

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                  LOL! Nessie from Lantia, that's great! Maybe they had Nessie or a few of her ancestors in a sea water tank/aquarium in the city when they flew to earth! But how did Nessie end up in Scotland?
                  Hmmm... Plot hole? Maybe that lake had optimum water and weather conditions. Or they could have just arbitrarily decided she'd like that lovely lake best.

Anyway, didn't they say something about Merlin being an Ancient? Well he was in England which is close to Scotland...

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                    Aw damn. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. This is Stargate, after all. The writers for these two shows remind me of Karen Walker on Will & Grace during an emotional moment.... "Can't talk! Feeling something!"...and she runs away.
                    God forbid any of the characters let any of their emotions show after the trauma of nearly losing someone they care about to a horrible death.
                    Then they would be called "weak and too emotional" . . . like Weir.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                    Spoiler:
                    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                      I agree that Epiphany was a waste of opportunities when it comes to Shepp. I would have loved to see more of him and his fears or memories than of this silly and old beast story. And I agree that there should be more character development for Sheppard, or better, more background information. But at least he has enough screentime and I really don't think that pretty much everyone else gets more attention than him. Ronon, Carson and Teyla surely don't have more screentime OR character development.
                      Of course it's easy for me to say that since I'm a McKay fan and happy that I can see so much of him. But I also like Shepp, and I'd love to see more of him or the others or more team action.

Actually...I think Teyla and Weir both get more character developement. Even Ronon. I know more about Ronon's past than Sheps. Same for Teyla and Weir. I even know Zelenka has a sister and a nephew and Bates has a little bro he loves. I don't know anything at all about Shep. He may get more screen time than Ronon and TEyla and Beckett...but not more characterization. Other than what we get through Joe's fab acting.

What I did love about this ep was the special effects. REally fab with the shield around the jumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Martin Wood rocks!
                        Yes he does. when I buy the DVDs, I listen to his and DeLuise's commentaries first.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                          The first thing I thought of was the probe from ST IV too.
                          I think all Trekkies thought of that too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                            I wonder why they're doing this... apart from the fact that they love the Rodney McKay character... Why are they doing their darndest to avoid any Sheppard backstory or development? It's fortunate for them that Joe Flanigan is such a brilliant actor and rises above the material he's been given because for a lead male, he gets next to nothing... at least this season anyway.
                            As a fan, I suppose I can speculate that they are keeping all that stuff for bigger and better things... but I need a few more crumbs to keep my optimism alive. A little bit more to suggest that there's something in the pipeline for the character. Unless of course they're gradually leading Rodney into darkside...
                            sigpic

Comment

Unless of course they're gradually leading Rodney into darkside...
                              ROFL! Forget cookies!

"Come to the darkside, we've got Rodney!"

Comment

I wonder why they're doing this... apart from the fact that they love the Rodney McKay character... Why are they doing their darndest to avoid any Sheppard backstory or development? It's fortunate for them that Joe Flanigan is such a brilliant actor and rises above the material he's been given because for a lead male, he gets next to nothing... at least this season anyway.
                                As a fan, I suppose I can speculate that they are keeping all that stuff for bigger and better things... but I need a few more crumbs to keep my optimism alive. A little bit more to suggest that there's something in the pipeline for the character. Unless of course they're gradually leading Rodney into darkside...

If you figure out the deal...please let me know. They've got a fab set up to take Shep anywhere. Joe is good enough to do anything with Shep. What is the mystery. My other wonder is..where is the promise to show us ATLANTIS? I know nothing more about it either. Shep has the gene, is supposed to be special we're in ATLANTIS and the show is supposed to be about ATLANTIS but I'm not getting anything about Atlantis. Or the lead character. Supposed lead. I'm starting to believe TPTB intended to turn SGA into the Sam and Rodney hour all along. LOL

But..the special effects were still neat in this ep, as always and I did get my Shep and Zelenka moments. I guess I'll have to settle for crumbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X