No announcement yet.

Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, he'd never even heard of the Stargate at the start of Rising. Still were the Goa'uld really more formidable than the Wraith. Even from just reading reports he should have been able to come up with a compare and contrast.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My Journal post
      Wow, loved this ep. Wanted someone to deck Kavanagh, but what else is new?
      I felt sorry for Radek! (Even though it was still quite funny!)
      Do we know how long Caldwell was a Goa'uld, or is it purposely left unknown?
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        Nope, he'd never even heard of the Stargate at the start of Rising. Still were the Goa'uld really more formidable than the Wraith. Even from just reading reports he should have been able to come up with a compare and contrast.
        Sorry but reading up on the enemy and experiencing them first had are 2 different things..

Comment

I'm usually not the biggest supporter of the SG1 stories overlapping into SGA but this one has always had a soft spot for me. Thier is something I really like at the end of the episode where Teyla is singing and all the action of Atlantis crew running around to save the city. It just has this action feeling that I really like. The Goa'uld planting a bomb and how it will destroy Atlantis was an action episode that had me interested and intrigued. It was an interesting concept and the story did not have too much technobabble which I find is a crutch in SGA stories. I remember being shocked that Caldwell was Goa'uld host. Makes me wonder how long when he had been head butting with Weir how much of that was the Goa'uld. If Plot A is action then Plot B is a touching story. And it really is just to see how far Teyla has gone and how sad it is to see her lose a loved one. Most of us have been there (myself included) when we lose a person we care about. It is never an easy process. I liked seeing that battle in Teyla in grieving of her loss and how it conflicts with the wishes of CHarin. I was kind of surprised that Beckett objected so much given that medical ethics says we put the needs of the patient first. Finally with Kavannagh I agree with the situation at hand. In most circumstances I would be against it but time was a factor and too many lives where at stake. Which is what to answer Weir's question makes us different to Wraith. We do what we have to do to save others and not our own selfish goals
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I really love it, when this show connects to the SGC-
            This episode was SO cool. Love that actor playing Caldwell.

Mostly I enjoyed this ep. 'cos it's one of the first times i couldn't figure out who the bad guy was .... Great.

Comment

This episode was SO cool. Love that actor playing Caldwell.
              He does good work.. I am despising his character in Dallas, which is imo a testament to his acting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                He does good work.. I am despising his character in Dallas, which is imo a testament to his acting skills.
                He was in "Dallas" ?

Comment

The new dallas.. He plays Harris Ryland.. ex hubby to Bobby's current wife (anne)

Comment

I liked the episode. Seen it before but forgot who the bad guy was. The B death plot was jarring but I liked the singing at the end which reminded me of LotR. I like the point tail guy and thought he made a good foil for Weir. I think they should have went through with the torture. Then have the team have to deal with torturing a innocent man.

Still not digging the one lady that was inside Mckay's head. She has a odd style about her that is off putting. Hiccup lady is also odd but I'm ok with her.

Comment

Too bad we didn't get to see Ronon beat the crap out of Kavanaugh!
                      sigpic

Comment

Would have been nice.. But i think the image of Kavanaugh fainting just as he walks in was enough.

Comment

I have mixed feelings. The storyline was good but the solution was not.
                          First, Kavanagh. He was prime suspect and Weir questioned him very hard based on questionable evidence. She clearly based her suspicions on her hostile attitude towards him (based on what happened in Thirtyeight minutes, where Kavanagh had a point. She was wrong humiliating him and refusing to discuss it again.) She crossed the line allowing torture and got lucky not having to deal with consequences.

Second, Caldwell being a goa'uld. He was rather hostile earlier and my initial thought of this was that they needed him to be friendlier from now on. so this was a convenient way to do so. Why and when he was taken a host was unexplained.

Otherwise, this was a good episode.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

It would have been nice had they done a little back story on when/how he got infected.

Comment

Great to see Caldwell get tazed.

Comment

Ressurecting a dead thread just to say I think this is one of my favorite eps. I knew Teyla sang somewhere, but I'd completely forgotten how it influenced the atmosphere of the tensest moments of the story. Love the SG-1 connection, Weir and Kavanaugh's standoff, and the whole buildup of pressure. Really like Rachel's voice, too.

Weir's comment that she had crossed a line was very pointed, and I like that it ended on a somber note.
                                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Working...
                                X