This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Baltar survive the blast

Looking back at the miniseries, How did baltar survive when presumably, 6 did not.

I dont think him hiding his head by her crotch would have protected him much from the blast that came rushing through the windows.

Is Baltar a cylon? Was Six's consiousness downloaded (or piggybacked) onto Baltar's by mistake, when he was reinstantiated?

Cheers
    Simon

It's never been explained

Comment

Used Six as a shield, I guess.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

He may have used her as a shield. IMO, they will probably end up going back to this in the future. It possible what we missed had something to do with Six being in his head.

On the other hand, it wasn't the "blast" really, it was the shockwave. Just the heavy wind that streches out farther than the blasts themselves do. When they show the blasts from space only the very center is red, while you can see the destruction of just the shockwave reaching out much further.
        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

It was not a full-on nuclear blast, just a shockwave as Chrichton said. Enough to "kill" Number Six with window shards but leave Baltar, whom she was deliberately shielding, only bruised.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
            It was not a full-on nuclear blast, just a shockwave as Chrichton said. Enough to "kill" Number Six with window shards but leave Baltar, whom she was deliberately shielding, only bruised.
            This is how I saw it when I watched it. I never thought it seemed odd at all that Baltar survived, but maybe that just indicates that I've read way too much about nuclear weapons...

Comment

I can't see how Baltzar could have survived that blast. I have always wondered about this too.

Comment

......Didn't we just discus this....?
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                  ......Didn't we just discus this....?
                  Probably...

Comment

in which thread?

Comment

Originally posted by voigtstr
                      in which thread?
                      I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by voigtstr
                        in which thread?
                        I think Baltar perished in his house and has "resurrected" with elements of Number 6 merged in his conciousness. I posted earlier in the thread about Six Degrees of Separation.

This alternative made the most sense to me at the time, especially given the "inside information" leaked by Internal 6. Now, maybe not so much. Starting with the Home episodes and leading through Pegasus, the writers have been leading in a different direction, strongly suggesting, on one hand, that Internal 6 is entirely a construct of Baltar's guilt and love, and on the other hand, perhaps not as persuasively, that she could be some harbinger of a divine presence (AKA the Cylon God).

Either of these possibilities don't bode well for Baltar's mental stability. Each leads on a shortcut to pyschosis as the boundaries between reality and imagination erode further.

Comment

We have already established earlier in this thread that what hit Baltar's estate was a mere shockwave. How would Baltar be resurrected?, he's no Cylon. The whole point of his character is that he's the human turncoat to the Cylon side. As for internal Natasi, can anyone say Contessa Iblis?

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                            We have already established earlier in this thread that what hit Baltar's estate was a mere shockwave. How would Baltar be resurrected?, he's no Cylon. The whole point of his character is that he's the human turncoat to the Cylon side. As for internal Natasi, can anyone say Contessa Iblis?
                            Whether Baltar is human or not has not been established in the series, the one person that could test for that, is himself, so, until he does, we won't know for sure. Unless, of course, Gaius gets confronted by "a whole squadron of" naked Baltars.

I am so down on this Contessa Iblis idea, it would be so hot. And when I watched the original series episode, The War of the Gods, and Count Iblis transformed into his demonic self when Apollo and Starbuck fired at him, it reminded me of when Six twisted her face up in fury and anger when she yelled at Gaius during his meeting with Adama over the fate of the Mystic Cylon Detector in Season One. Although the parallel is interesting, we won't know until it's on the screen.

Comment

The whole point of his character is that he's the human traitor. If he were Cylon they would have made him set up the attack instead of having Natasi do it while at the same time trying to get pregnant by him. Cylons cannot have kids with each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X