S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

<Mod Insert- Due to the update of this thread all opinions are welcome in this thread now not "just" those thrilled by Season 10. Thank You >

Here's a place of all of us that are in favor of Season 10 of SG-1, to positively discuss our thoughts on Season 10 of SG-1. What are some of the positive things we think we'll see next season, what would we like to see, etc...

(And I would like Skydiver for giving me the greenlight to start this thread)
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 14 January 2009, 03:21 AM. Reason: adding Mod note due to the update 1/2009
    sigpic

How can I be pro-S10 when the season hasn't even started or began filming yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      For your information, the Pro-Season 9 Thread was started around this time, too.

And yay 1,600 posts, 201 more, and I have custom avatar.
      sigpic

Comment

and i'm gonna move this and the anti thread into the s9 folder for the time being until darren makes a s10 folder

the only reason i'm doing this is to limit the spoilers in the general area
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
          This is a place where we can use our imaginations. Works for me.

Comment

I'm glad to see SG1 going on, but there are a few changes they have to make or I will go crazy. First, Landry has to stop wearing the flight jacket indoors! It's driving me nuts! Second, Sam and Jack have to get together. Third, we need to revisit some old plot lines, i.e. the Aschen.
            Last edited by walterIsTheMan; 10 November 2005, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I want to see if Landry finds out what Mitchells "kryptonite" is.
              302's lead the way!

Comment

I'd really like to see some serious plot work with Celtic mythology, similar to what's been done with the Egyptian and Norse mythologies. The Celts had some interesting gods and heroes, which would make really cool Stargate characters/aliens.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Bring it on baby! Maybe we'll finally see the Furlings or at least understand what "If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked long ago" means.
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                    Bring it on baby! Maybe we'll finally see the Furlings or at least understand what "If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked long ago" means.
                    Oh, yes, that would be good to know. I've spent hours lying awake at night trying to figure it out (I'm prone to bouts of insomnia) and gotten nowhere. I could see a whole ep being built around it.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Hey cool. Thanks for starting this thread, NIWDA.

I'd really love to see some interaction between Sam and Vala. They're so opposite and I think it'd be fun to see those two onscreen together. Speaking of Vala, if she does end up in S10 I really want more character development for her and some backstory. Not so much of the OTT wacky hijinks and more depth (it's possible with her, really. ).

Comment

I say, bring it on! (With Carter in at least three-quarters of the episodes.)

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                          Hey cool. Thanks for starting this thread, NIWDA.

I'd really love to see some interaction between Sam and Vala. They're so opposite and I think it'd be fun to see those two onscreen together. Speaking of Vala, if she does end up in S10 I really want more character development for her and some backstory. Not so much of the OTT wacky hijinks and more depth (it's possible with her, really. ).

I agree with the Sam and Vala statement, i found Vala interesting to start with then she has started to grate on me because i felt she was so over the top that it overshadowed the Ori plot which i really want to follow and of course Cameron which (i've only seen the first 4 episodes so far in the UK) i want to get to know also!
                          With Sam coming back (Amanda thankyou for coming back in s10!) i would love to see her and Vala form a friendship out of what they have both gone through in the past, both very strong woman but diferant ends of the pole lets hope TPTB go with both on Sg1!
                          ......TARA......

Comment

I'd like to see Lam to get episode or 3.....
                            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I say yes with All the remaining main characters in All the eps (well like previous years you can give each one or two off). If the main characters do not return then.... I have other opinions.

Could use some new writers too. TPTB need to come up with a few actual new ideas. I mean we are talking the entire universe at our fingertips here... theres got to be something more out there. I do, however, like the idea of a few eps following up on some previous story elements (nick ballard, aschen, mini-jack, hebberon...)

EDIT: Oh, and no babies or childern of any type (except maybe one isolated ep if the story is good like it was for Casandra)
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X