This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letters from pegasus [fan mail]

hi, im new here. just wondering if people have any wonderful ideas from fan mail and such. I really want ot write letters to the gang at stargate but im not really sure what to write. :/ obviously i dont want to appear too strange or obsessed or anything (im really nicei n real life).

So, im just wondering if there was any advice out there.

*Sorry if this is a repeat thread but im NOT searching through the bajillions of threads out there!!! There are a lot of you gateworlders arent there!!!*

see ya round, Neko138

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
    http://sgr.hl2files.com

Write something about how you enjoy the show and their performances.
    Avoid anything that makes them think you are standing outside their front window (or will be anytime soon).
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

hints and tips:

1. do not mention i love such and such a actor, it dontes obsession and makes them turn away.
      2. do not come across as obsessive like i've been to every convention and start to waffle on in the letter.
      3. make jokes, ie humour, make it about certain characters and theings that relate to you, doing that will gain the interest of the readers and it will stick in their minds, but dont over do the humour,
      4. be breif, dont as i said before waffle on, when writting the letter bullet point the points you wish to make in your head and try to incorporate the into easy to read sentences that include humour.
      5. dont stray away from from the topic, stay on track and remove unessesary words that may seems like slag words that it may be hit and miss to the readers if they do not understand it.
      6. spell check, a bad bad spelling is to be thrown away in the first minutes if not sooner and forgotten.
      7. read it back and get other people to read it, if they say something you don't really like be understanding and ask ok what would improve it in your eyes, that way a wider selection of people who like it means that the fan letter will best appeal to the reader.
      8. try not to self personalise it, make references to other people you like and who like the show, it may seems that if you personalise it too much they will see you as a reclusive geek who doesent get out too much and that will make them sense an obsesive fan a creep them out a little.

if you want to why dont you post the final letter or a draft on the web site here, that way people can help you out and offer more advise and relate to it to make it perfect, you could open a thread for it and ask for peoples advice and constructive critasism, but dont feel bad if people dont agree with some aspects of it just ask what would you put and make it as universal as possible to make it as good as you can get it!!!

hope this helped you out!?
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

thanks guys.

As i said, i want it ot be worth reading but dont really want to seem like a total geek. >_<

I'll definately take your suggestions. ^_^

Has anyone done anything like a poster/arty thing to accompany their letter? I'm just thinking, the only letter ive ever down is to the Saturday disney people when i was like 8. and that was "hi, i love Saturday Disney. here's a picture of *whatever it was*. bye!" as i said, im much more articulate in real life or writing essays >_<

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
        http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Working...
        X