This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming out

Hi, all. You may or may not have noticed some references to men made by me that seemed unusual for a fellow who's getting married next year.

Just wanted to come out and tell you that I'm bi.

I expect some red for this. I don't really care.

I consider myself to be a level 2 bisexual on the Kinsey scale. I have an extreme fondness for women but if I were single and offered an opportunity to be with a man, I'd go for it if he was right for me. I do prefer women, for the record.

If you get some red for this I would just like to say, that is the most pointless red EVER. Well done on having the courage to come out, 3 cheers for Babaganoosh
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      If you get some red for this I would just like to say, that is the most pointless red EVER. Well done on having the courage to come out, 3 cheers for Babaganoosh
      Ditto Thats a stupid thing to give red rep for.

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

You guys rule!

Mckay's girl, I know I need to get out more.

Comment

No red here...but I do have one question..
          Would you then be coming out of the drawer as opposed to the closet? *lol* j/k Whatever makes you happy.

Comment

I'm sure that was very clever but I don't seem to understand it.

"Drawer"?

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
              I'm sure that was very clever but I don't seem to understand it.

"Drawer"?
              okay...obviously I need more than a sip of coffee in the morning before I post.
              Am curious though, were people making you feel the need to state your position?

Comment

Mckay's girl, I know I need to get out more.
                LOL! You think you need to get out more? How about someone who spends several hours on the pc a day and forgot what colour the grass is

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  LOL! You think you need to get out more? How about someone who spends several hours on the pc a day and forgot what colour the grass is
                  Although I am not on this forum as often as I use to be, I know where you are coming from MG I spend roughly 10 hours a day on it as well before you ask this is due to where I work.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by leaper
                    okay...obviously I need more than a sip of coffee in the morning before I post.
                    Am curious though, were people making you feel the need to state your position?
                    I just feel it's imporant for people to do so because it might inspire those who are to also come out and maybe snowball to the point of making those who aren't and don't understand it to be more accepting and tolerant.

Comment

Hi, all. You may or may not have noticed some references to men made by me that seemed unusual for a fellow who's getting married next year.

Just wanted to come out and tell you that I'm bi.

I expect some red for this. I don't really care.

I consider myself to be a level 2 bisexual on the Kinsey scale. I have an extreme fondness for women but if I were single and offered an opportunity to be with a man, I'd go for it if he was right for me. I do prefer women, for the record.
                      Hey well done for having the courage to say that I found out recently that a friend of mine (not a very close friend, but a friend none-the-less) was bi and she actually has a girlfriend now. So, yeah. Whatever makes you happy

Comment

Is this a joke? (its the type of thing you would do)
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

no joke.

Comment

well done on coming out...it takes a lot of guts.

If you get any red for this...we'll sort em out!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

So what does your girlfriend think?
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X