Favorite Star Trek Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Star Trek Episodes

As DigiFluid points out in another thread, there are 725 episodes of Star Trek. What are your top five (any series, every series, whatever) and why? I don't think this has been done (I did a search and found: best series, best movie, favorite DS9 ep, etc., but not favorite or best episodes Trek-wide). Of course, my search skills aren't the best, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, my favorites are:

1. The Inner Light (TNG) - What a beautiful episode! I can't believe how much they managed to pack into one episode. Picard living an entire life on a dying world with all the emotion and pathos one can imagine; the innovate way a race long gone managed to make sure they would not be forgotten. Wonderful acting! I can't watch this episode without crying.
    2. The Trouble With Tribbles (TOS) - Now this is the way humor should be done! Sure, there are plenty of funny episodes, but this one led the way and it's one of my favorites.
    3. I, Borg (TNG)- A gripping exploration of what it means to be human and dealing with enemies, redemption, and other great stuff.
    4. Mirror, Mirror (TOS)- The first of the alternate universe stories. Wow, what can I say, it was just marvelous.
    5. The Best of Both Worlds (TNG parts 1&2--cheating, I know) - What a grand, sweeping episode. It had a seemingly unstoppable enemy, political intrigue, great characters, wonderful plot twists. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My list is limited somewhat, because I haven't seen much of DS9 or Enterprise and I haven't seen Voyager (or the Animated Series) enough to really have the episodes stick in my mind. On any given day, my list could change--there are just so many good episodes.

If you need some suggestions, here is a website that lists a top 50:

http://www.trekmania.net/conference/...sodes02-01.htm

I wish we could do a Trek-wide best episode tournament, but I don't think we have the time or people to make it happen. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the "Best of Seasons 1-7 Stargate Episodes" thread.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Heres my favorite TNG episodes, I will add my favorite DS9, Voyager, ENT, and TOS episodes later.

The Next Generation
    Season 1) The Naked Now...Hide and Q...Datalore...Skin of evil...The Nuetral Zone.

Season 2) Pen Pals...The Emissary...Shades of Gray...A Matter of Honor.

Season 3) The Survivors...The Enemy...Deja Q...Tin Man...The Defector...The Most Toys.

Season 4) Brothers...Devil's Due...Clues...The Nth Degree...The Minds Eye.

Season 5) Darmok...Ensign Ro...I, Borg...Times Arrow

Season 6) Relics...The Quality of Life...Ship in a Bottle...Tapestry...Frame of Mind.

Season 7) Parallels...Lower Deck's...Interface...Inheritance...The Pegasus

The top 10 overall in NO paticular order (5 just was'nt enough Brat )

1) Deja Q...Q's best episode and my favorite.
    2) Datalore...Lores introduction into the series, great stuff!.
    3) A Matter of Honor...One of Riker's best!
    4) Darmok..."His eyes open"
    5) I, Borg...Hugh the Borg
    6) Ensign Ro...Wish we would have had more of her.
    7) Shades of Gray...Another great Riker episode
    8) The Pegasus...Killer ship!
    9) Brother's...More Lore!
    10) Lower Decks...Emotional and real.
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 04 November 2005, 07:45 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Favorite Star Trek episodes... hmm...

In no particular order:
      DS9: "Invasive Procedures"
      TNG: "All Good Things..."
      TNG: "The Inner Light"
      DS9: "Take Me Out to the Holosuite"
      DS9: "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

And anything with Q in it, except DS9's "Q-Less". Strained title, disappointing ep.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

TOS: The City on the Edge of Forever
        TNG: Birthright 1+2, Descent 1+2
        DS9: Trials and Tribble-ations, Any episode with Worf and Dax.
        VOY: Q2, Endgame (because it was the end)
        ENT: Broken Bow
        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
        Pay it forward

Comment

I haven't listed TAS because I just don't like it that much and I don't think I could pick even one episode of it that I really liked. I've also not included voyager or enterprise, because frankly I don't consider them Trek. In case anyone was wondering though, all three of those series were included in the 725 episode count, more for posterity than anything else.

TOS
          • City on the Edge of Forever
          • The Trouble with Tribbles
          • Balance of Terror
          • Mirror, Mirror
          • The Menagerie (cheating a bit)

Honorable Mention: Space Seed, A Piece of the Action

TNG
          • The Inner Light
          • Q Who?
          • Yesterday's Enterprise
          • Best of Both Worlds (cheating again)
          • Family

Honorable Mention: Chain of Command I & II, Time's Arrow I & II, Where No One Has Gone Before, All Good Things...

DS9
          • Far Beyond the Stars
          • In the Pale Moonlight
          • Trials and Tribble-ations
          • Call to Arms
          • Waltz

Honorable Mention: Little Green Men, Improbable Cause / The Die is Cast, The Ship, Siege of AR-558

Overall
          • (TNG) The Inner Light
          • (DS9) Far Beyond the Stars
          • (DS9) In the Pale Moonlight
          • (TNG) Q Who?
          • (TNG) Best of Both Worlds
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My favourites:

TNG
            Best of Both Worlds
            Yesterday's Enterprise
            Deja Q

VOY
            Year of Hell
            Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy

DS9
            Trials and Tribble-ations

ENT
            The Forge
            Borderland

Comment

I had moved on from Trek since the end of Voyager. With Stargate and Farscape helping to fill the gaps nicely Haven't watched an episode for a couple of years, so it's a bit blurry. Although, I'm currently watching the final season of Enterprise… I'm almost ashamed for admitting that

In no particular order, my favourite TNG episodes:
              • Q Who
              • The Measure Of A Man
              • Yesterdays Enterprise
              • Redemption Parts I & II
              • Tapestry
              • Lower Decks
              • All Good things

This thread has sparked my interest in Star Trek again

/edit: sorry that's more than five but I can't choose between them. I still have the other shows to list as well lol
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

TOS - The Trouble with Tribbles
                TNG - Descent, Best of Both Worlds
                DS9 - Trials and Tribble-ations, Wrongs darker than Death or Night
                VOY - Unimatrix Zero, Hunters, Year of Hell
                Enterprise - The one where Trip gets pregnant!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

You guys are total newbs! I haven't seen one mention of the visitor for Ds9 which is by far the best star trek episode ever.

Here's teh list:

1: (SG1)The Lost City(partII)---Best scifi episode ever created.

2: (B5) Into the Fire,(B5) End Game {Amazing episodes for anyone who over looks this amazing series}---Amazing culminations on two fronts

3: (DS9)The Visitor, (TNG) Cause and effect---spectacular episodes

4: (TNG)All Good Things, (SG1)The Fifth Race---The Former is the best last episode to any scifi show that's ever existed, most shows disapoint. The ladder is an amazingly inspiring and essential part of SG1

5: (SG1) Reckoning (partII)---Great culmination of an amazing 8 year plot arc

6: (DS9)In The Pale Moon Light---You have to do what you have to do

7: (TNG)Best of Both Worlds, (BSG) Kobol's Last Gleaming, (PartII)---The former: Classic TNG amazingly executed. The ladder: ADAMA!

8: (TNG)Yesterdays Enterprise--- Hard to describe... definitely worth mentioning

9: (TNG)Tapestry---Q and picard... nothing more needs to be said

10: (DS9)Whispers, (DS9)Sacrifice of the Angels---Amazing DS9 episodes, Whispers is Obrien's best episode, and Sacrifice, is an amazing culmination to seven episode plot arc that I loved

Special place in my heart: (SG1) Threads,(SG1) There but for the Grace of God), (SG1)Nemesis---Loved these episodes as well

Lot's of ties... but I couldn't bare to keep some episodes off the list. Yeah I combined genre's and it should be noted that I have not seen all of TOS or Voyager... Although I doubt Voyager would qualify anyway... I have seen every single episode of SG1 and Atlantis, although I don't feel Atlantis qualifies either at the moment. I've also seen every episode of Babylon 5 Enterprise, DS9, TNG, Andromida, Galactica... I haven't seen a single episode of Farscape though. Ok now to list overall quality top 5.

1: StarGate SG-1

2: Deep Space Nine

3: Babylon 5

4: The next generation

5: Battlestar Galactica (the new one)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Enterprise - The one where Trip gets pregnant!
                    Just FYI, that ep was called "Unexpected" – and I agree, it was good!

Another one of my favorites: DS9, "It's Only A Paper Moon"

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilharae
                      You guys are total newbs! I haven't seen one mention of the visitor for Ds9 which is by far the best star trek episode ever.

You're right, I didn't!

I'm so ashamed I forgot!
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Deep Space Nine...Which is not only my favorite Star Trek series but my also my favorite Scifi series ever!

Season 1) Q-Less...The Nagus...Battle Lines...Move along Home

Season 2) Necessary Evil...Armageddon Game...Blood Oath...The Wire...The Jem'Hadar

Season 3) The House of Quark...The Abandoned...Defiant...Explorers...The Adversary

Season 4) Hippocratic Oath...Starship Down...The Sword of Kahless...Son of Mogh...To the Death

Season 5) Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places...Trials and Tribulations...The Ascent...In Purgatory's Shadow...Soldiers of the Empire

Season 6) Favor the Bold...Statistical Probabilities...The Magnificent Ferengi...Who Mouns for Morn...In the Pale Moonlight...Valiant

Season 7) Chrysalis...Treachery, Faith, and the Great River...Once more Unto the Breach...The Siege of AR-558...Field of Fire...Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges...The Dog's of War...What you leave Behind parts I and II

Here's my top 10 in semi order
                        1) In the Pale Moonlight...DS9 at its very best!
                        2) Treachery, Faith, and the Great River...Odo and Weyoun=good TV
                        3) Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges...section 31 and the Doc
                        4) The Siege of AR-558...powerful and moving episode
                        5) Who Mourns Morn...Morn faking his death, whats not to love!
                        6) Soldiers of the Empire...Martok and Worf commanding a Klingon ship
                        7) The Magnificent Ferengi...Ferengi's to the rescue
                        8) The Sword of Kahless...Kor and Jadzia
                        9) Explorers...Jake and Sisko build a solar powered ship
                        10) The Dog's of War & What you leave Behind parts I and II...these were the last 3 episodes of season 7 and finished up the Dominion war and the series.
                        Last edited by the Fifth Race; 05 November 2005, 08:49 AM.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Eh..... In no particular order i'd say..
                          DS9:
                          In the Pale Moonlight
                          1) Favour the Bold/Sacrifice of Angels
                          2) The Seige of AR-558 (I think that's right. An amazing episode though.)
                          3) The Changing face of evil (i think thats it. The one with the 2nd battle of Chin'toka. The end is trully great.)
                          4) I also quite liked the one where Sisko gets "tied" to Jake but is stuck in subspace or something and Jake gets older and keeps trying to bring him back and in the end works out how to stop it. I don't know why i liked it, just seemed really great.

TNG:
                          1) Best of Both Worlds (One, if not the best episodes of Sci-fi ever made)
                          2) All good things..

Voyager:
                          Scorpion
                          There was others but i haven't seen Voyager in a long time.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                            4) I also quite liked the one where Sisko gets "tied" to Jake but is stuck in subspace or something and Jake gets older and keeps trying to bring him back and in the end works out how to stop it. I don't know why i liked it, just seemed really great.

That episode is "The Visitor" and many people including myself consider it to be the best Star Trek episode of all time. It had more emotional impact then any other episode ever... It had sci fi intertwined seemlessly with philosophy and spirituality. It had time travel, and futuristic federation uniforms, and Nog as a captain! This episode gripped me more than any other star trek episode.

It comes slightly shy of the pure awe I felt while watching Lost City (part 2)
                            Where I actually got goose bumps... I hear people use that term very casually all the time here, like: "OMG I saw Carter in the fifth episode of season 9 and I got goose bumps!" Well good for you. You only knew it was coming for about 2 months before it actually happened. When I say goose bumps I mean this was the only time I have ever gotten goose bumps watching television. And when the episode was over I just sat there for five minutes basking in the feeling.

Comment

Forgot a few of my faves

DS9 - Far beyond the Stars
                              Voyager - Latent Image
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X