This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support Stargate Atlantis!

Hey guys, I was just thinking about the premiere this Friday, and I've decided that maybe each Stargate SG-1 fan should try giving the new series a shot this weekend - even if fans have their doubts. Here's why:

The cast and crew of both shows work REALLY hard to make the shows really cool. Stargate SG-1 is lucky because, though they COULD HAVE kicked the bucket after season five, there was a channel out there that was willing to give them a shot. If Sci Fi hadn't been there, we probably wouldn't be here. Anyway, Sci Fi knew a good show when they saw one, which would explain why they are totally running with the spin-off deal.

My theory is, with all of the publicity that Sci Fi has done for Stargate SG-1, last Friday's ep is probably gonna have either a record-breaking number of viewers, or is going to stay at its regular, rather high, number of viewers. Either way, Stargate SG-1 already has a pretty steady viewership. I think that, considering it is a new show, we should all at least watch the first ep of Stargate Atlantis. This franchise isn't completely without its faults, but I think there definitely is something within the series that'll keep people watching for a long time.

And, if TPTB decide that some changes need to be made at the end of this season, so be it. Stargate SG-1 had some rough spots too, but the show is so strong that, through all of the craziness that has come out of the series, they still have a pretty large fan base. Stargate Atlantis deserves the chance to go through craziness as well.

I don't want to say that it's our RESPONSIBILITY to watch Stargate Atlantis, because that's just lame. I'm simply saying we should give it a shot. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the cast has signed on for quite a few years, should Sci Fi give them the greenlight to continue after this first season. Unfortunately, Stargate SG-1 will not be on long enough to provide a good lead-in on Friday nights. That means that it's up to us to prove that there are people willing to watch Stargate Atlantis after Stargate SG-1 (and all of its awesome cast and crew members) hangs up its hat.

I'm sorry, that's just how I feel about it... What do you think?

PS - I put this in the General Discussion section, because I figured, if people were in the Atlantis section, they're already planning on watching the show, and thus, don't have to read this.
    Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 12 July 2004, 12:54 PM.

Here Here!

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

My wife would kill me if I didn't watch. She is thrilled that the series is advancing to an underwater theme. At least it the first eps.

Spoiler Space
      ****** USE IT *******
      SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

Fassenrassendickdasterly !

Translated:

Angry commented about not getting Sci-Fi, otherwise I would.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I can't! I'm gonna be at Gatecon- no access to SCIFI channel and we aren't allowed to watch the official tape or whatever it is Gatecon had planned to show us. *sigh* So I get to meet the actors, but I don't get to see my Wodnet strut his stuff.

Someone pity me...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I can't! I'm gonna be at Gatecon- no access to SCIFI channel and we aren't allowed to watch the official tape or whatever it is Gatecon had planned to show us. *sigh* So I get to meet the actors, but I don't get to see my Wodnet strut his stuff.

Someone pity me...
            I have pity!

After reading David Hewlett's interviews/watching him on The Lowdown, I TOTALLY dig Rodney McKay now! Before, I loved to hate him, but now, he's just so cool. Well... Hewlett's cool; McKay's still got that edge that annoys me into liking him. Kinda like that Rainbow guy, only I know McKay, and Rainbow's character is kinda new to me.

Comment

Someone pity me...
              You get to go to GateCon. I'll keep my pity.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                You get to go to GateCon. I'll keep my pity.
                *looks even smaller and more forlorn and sheds a big, artistic tear* Awww, iddle piggy...

I wanna see Atlantis! Taping it just isn't the same!

Comment

Feh... I, on the other hand, will have to frickin' download it before I can see it! You should pity me!
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                    Feh... I, on the other hand, will have to frickin' download it before I can see it! You should pity me!
                    I am cold and heartless. I am incapable of feeling pity.

But I still demand that others pity ME!

Comment

The goddess of Pity!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        The goddess of Pity!
                        I thought I was the goddess of pit-roasting my victims...

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing Atlantis. Eventually. No matter how stupid I think the Wraith are, McKay will more than make up for it. And there's always the one-in-a-million chance that the wraith might actually turn out interesting.

Comment

But you are going to tape it, right?

I'm kinda with Piggy on this one. I find it hard to pity you because you're going to Gatecon, but I'll try.

To spaz: Well written! I can't wait to see what they've done with Atlantis!
                          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                          once done, cannot be undone...
                          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I am very much looking forward to the Atlantis premier. I'm planning to watch all of the series. Then again, I'm already there on Friday night tuned to Sci-Fi. I'm watching Andromeda again after skipping it for two years. I watched Tremors, for goodness sake.

Friday night is Sci-Fi night in my house, as long as they promise never to show Scare Tactics then ever again.

Jo Raumo
                            The heart has its reasons, that Reason knows nothing of. - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Hey, I have the TiVo Season pass set up to record all new episodes of Stargate Atlantis, my part is done
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X