Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should read the threads in this forum before you write a question because this has already been addressed.

Again, the DESERT COMBAT O'NEILL and JACKSON for Series 1 were not picked up domestically. There is a chance that they will come out in the overseas market this summer.

As for the DESERT COMBAT CARTER and TEAL'C figures from Series 2, the same deal. They were not picked up domestically and most likely will be coming out this summer overseas.

The domestic cancellation notice comes directly from two different sources at DIAMOND SELECT TOYS. Three different companies overseas have said that their distributors were releasing them this summer. Only time will tell if they are correct or not.

Originally posted by knightone View Post
    The SG1 series two figures list "Desert Combat Samantha Carter" as a variant figure along with the other series 2 figures and Replicator Carter. When is this figure due for release?

Comment

I think the question is quite valid assuming this Q&A gets answered before they're rumored to come out since it would be officially answered by a DST rep instead of anonymous people. It never hurts to have solid proof.

Comment

from Chris Myers <[email protected]>
        to Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX <irishscorpion@>
        date Jan 15, 2007 9:41 AM
        subject RE: Stargate Figures from Overseas

Those figures were supposed to be released as part of the Series 1 action figure line, but we ended up not making those figures. Looks like they just have the original solicitation overseas. You're hearing it straight from the manufacturer that we ended up not making those particular figures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
        I think the question is quite valid assuming this Q&A gets answered before they're rumored to come out since it would be officially answered by a DST rep instead of anonymous people. It never hurts to have solid proof.

Comment

It was said that once SERIES 2 Figures were released that an announcement for SERIES 4 Figures would be released.

Has anyone heard anything along this front?

Comment

It is still a valid question. Although your info is appreciated I would rather hear it directly from the rep and not second or third hand. There may even be new info by the time this gets answered. So maybe you should not be so quick to jump on people for trying to get accurate info.

Comment

You want to hear it from the source? Here you go: [email protected]. eMail your question about anything and they will email you back within 24-48 hours. Or you can email or call directly to your own DIAMOND SELECT TOYS rep.

So, how many toy companies do you work for that deal directly with DIAMOND SELECT TOYS? Ever meet any of their reps? Ever talk directly to any of their reps? Ever been given in advanced DIAMOND SELECT TOYS before they ever hit the toy shelves? Ever been given an exclusive toy to sell from your company from DIAMOND SELECT TOYS? What, no? Im sorry to hear that. So next time you want to jump on someone, you better check to see who they work for and what connections they have.

Its an INVALID question since it had already been asked.

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
              It is still a valid question. Although your info is appreciated I would rather hear it directly from the rep and not second or third hand. There may even be new info by the time this gets answered. So maybe you should not be so quick to jump on people for trying to get accurate info.

Comment

I think someboby needs a nap. Or a diaper change. Not trying to pick a fight here (like you are). Just making a statement that nobody knows who you are or what exactly to believe. Anyone can say that they have connections or information but you never know on these boards exactly what to believe. That is why we have this Q&A. So that DST (not someone that just likes to show off) can answer our questions directly. Like I said earlier. Your info is appreciated, but we would like to hear it from DST since this is the Ask DST thread not the Ask IrishScorpian thread. So you may want to check your attitude at the door next time. Or at least get over yourself.

Comment

Dst is there anychance you will do 200 figures?
                  thx

Comment

If someone wants to ask a question even if the info has already been covered on here then let them. Many people on the internet don't visit the GateWorld forum but they do read the Q&As when they are released so having it answered on the Q&A will let alot of other people know the status of those figures.

As well, since the next Q&A session probably won't be any time soon as far as we know, if it's a month or two from now or even just weeks from now then whatever information we get will be more up-to-date. Since things in a toy line can easily change in a short amount of time, having as many updates as possible is always a good thing.

Overall, it is up to the person who sends the Q&A to GateWorld's DST rep on what questions will be put in, let them worry about if a question is needed or not.

Comment

Overall, it is up to the person who sends the Q&A to GateWorld's DST rep on what questions will be put in, let them worry about if a question is needed or not.
                      Well Said.

Comment

I will remind folks of Gateworld's number one rule....RESPECT YOUR FELLOW FORUM MEMBERS

Y'all need to chill out and mellow down. If you have a personal issue, take it to PM or deal with it privately. Calling other people names is not respect. And if a person's post angers you enough that you cannot respond without breaking the rules, either put that person on ignore or walk away and let it be.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I appreciate the input, IrishScorpion, but things change and there may be additional information and insight that Chuck from DST can add as well. They listed Desert Combat Carter on the packaging. If they weren't at least confident there was a good chance of release, they probably wouldn't have listed her. After all they didn't list desert versions of O'Neill, Jackson, or even T'ealc. So why did they list Carter? It may be that, at the time you asked the question, the process had not moved far enough for them to be able to release information of any kind about a domestic release. It happens all the time. One day a figure is said to not have a scheduled release, but the next day or week or month, a deal is finalized and the announcement can be made while previously they didn't know if it would actually happen or not. I asked the question because, when the Q&A does get sent in, any deals that may be in the works might have moved far enough along that DST can tell us about it or at least give us a hint of it.

I appreciate the fact that you shared the information you have with us. That is always helpful and it was helpful to me that you pointed it out as I had not seen it before. However, my question still stands and I would like to see Chuck/DST answer it in the Q&A as I'm sure other members would as well. So I will ask it again:

The packaging for the SG1 series two figures list "Desert Combat Samantha Carter" as a variant figure along with the other series 2 figures and Replicator Carter. When is this figure due for release?
                          Last edited by knightone; 19 January 2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

does anyone know when part 6 will be up?

Comment

-At ToyFair last year, offworld Carter was seen with what appeared to be the small rectangular generator from "Learning Curve", what happened to this accessory?

-How many waves will be shown at ToyFair?

-Since the Serenity license meant having Adam Baldwin's likeness sculpted for DST, is there any chance of seeing his "Heroes" Colonel character, possibly as an exclusive?

-Will the Puddle Jumper be considered for playset/diorama possibilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
                                -At ToyFair last year, offworld Carter was seen with what appeared to be the small rectangular generator from "Learning Curve", what happened to this accessory?
                                I'm not 100% sure but i think the generator might be for desert camo carters' accessory because in the pictures the desert varient has the crystal which offworld carter comes with. so it might have been a mix up when putting the display out. It was the same with offworld teal'c. He was shown with the death glider gun, instead of a staff weapon.

I'm not positive just assuming. hope it helped.

Comment

Working...
                                X