Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Diamond Select Toys website it says they do not currently ship outside of the US, how can I get my hands on these from Perth, Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by Lenonn
      I don't want to speak badly (or sound like a smartass), but the Serenity figures did not look as close to the characters as they could have been. Will the SG1 figures be more faithful?

The characters went through major changes over the nine years. In the initial assortment of O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c and Jackson, from what "era" will they be (glasses and long haired Daniel (season one), Teal'c with the goatee (season four), General O'Neill (season eight))? Has this been decided yet?

Any change of making a Stargate toy to send the figures through?
      i really agree with this quote, the serenity figures were so terrible looking it made me not want to buy them. plain faces with steel stares. zero facial detail. I truely hope that the SG1 figures will be leaps and bounds above the quality of the serenity figures.

but i digress i want to ask if we'll get to see any asguard figures?
      Fire. Walk with me

Comment

I, like so many others, can hardly wait for our glorious action figures And in fact waiting has been the only draw back so far! DST is there anyway to fast track these babies? On second thought, take your time and make them the fine works of art we have been waiting for...

I would like to offer a humble suggestion for a variant, since you will release a Serpent Guard in the first wave, how about slapping a gold coat of paint on it(and a new head sculpt) for our first Apophis. Apophis would be a real variant we could sink our teeth into versus a silver Serpent Guard or a Black Serpent (although I would buy those too

Also how can we, as consumers, help promote these new figures? After all as the fan base it is in the best interest of us all for sales to go through the roof so that we can move down that great SG-1/At character list. So that we can own great figs like Anubis, Sokar, Horus oh my!
        Can we set up fan based web sites to offer free promotion? Can we run fan choice contests for special figures. DST, you have a great fan base here, willing to not only buy your product but help you sell it too. Lets think outside the box and set a new trend in SCI action figures. Lets us know how we can help.

Comment

In the announcement it was stated that the sculpting would be by two studios, Plan B and Jean St Jean Studios. Which studio is doing which figure? I'm assuming that Plan B will do the human military characters and Jean St jean the aliens.

Will the human military figures be made using Plan B's next generation body(ie ball hips)?

What kind of accessories will be included? Will you take advantage of Plan B's already existing gun molds to include lots of weaponry?

Have you considered including a piece of the Stargate with each figure, to build it if you collect all the figures? This would be better than a figure base with each figure imo.

Comment

Just wanted to make a mention of the new Daniel Jackson figure, as linked from the GW news page. Looks pretty good, although I think the resemblance is not fully there yet. His neck looks weird, maybe it's the pic or the necessity of action figure design.

By covering the face from under the nose-down, it looks more like DJ--just add glasses! The mouth and chin and neck all seem a little off, but so far so good.
            sigpic

Comment

Let's start a new thread for figure discussion, and leave this for question submissions.

The first round of GateWorlder-submitted questions has been rushed off to DST! we hope to have the next Q&A delivered in a few days. Keep asking those questions!
              Last edited by Darren; 29 November 2005, 07:33 PM.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Are you going to give him glasses? Please Do! He needs them, fer cryin' out loud!

~Play It Grand

Comment

Could you give us a quick outline of the articulation that we can expect from the first wave? BTW the Daniel figure looks awesome!

Comment

Can You divulge any information on the cover/box?

Comment

Okay, based on my experience as a figure collector and a avid SG junkie

in point form.
                      1. What kind of Articulation can we expect. IE 5 = joints at hips, arms & head. 9 = joints at knees, hips, arms/elbows & head.
                      2. What can be expected in terms of accessories in terms of # of accessories with each figure.
                      3. Having looked at the recent released photo of the Jackson figure, it's obvious your using the Season 5-8 Jackson with short hair and no glasses. While the clothing looks dead on, the neck also looks over proportioned. Is this a byproduct of the sculpting or maybe articulation?.
                      4. Are there aspirations to add playsets to the line if sales warrent further figures, like in the ST enterprise line where several key figures also came in Set commponents. IE like having SG1 come with parts for say, the SGC Gateroom?
                      5. What about figure bases. Will they be freestanding or will they include bases for the figures to stand on, adding to thier stability. (maybe molded in say factions IE O'neil on a SGC base, the Guard on one molded in Apohis's symbol)
                      "ya Think!" ~ O'neil

Comment

DST, i read the news of the stargate and i want to know how big is the gate? also what is the difference between Col. O'Neill and Gen. O'Neill figures? thank you.
                        "Daniel?"
                        "For crying out loud!!"
                        "Roddney?"
                        "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Thanks for the answers, also the two figures you've shown so far look excellent, as does the build-a-Stargate.

How many variants can we expect for each wave? We've heard of the in-case General O'Neill. Will there be alternate headsculpts or will it be mainly uniform variations?

Comment

I agree the two figures look great! I would like to ask about the articulation on the Serpent Guard, from the photo in Spectrum it looks as if his arm is one piece with a ball joint at the top. And then a turn at the wrist? How about the legs? When can we expect a pic sans the Serpent Helmet?

BTW thanks very much for the time you spend answering our questions, I hope we all can make it worth DST while coming release day.

Comment

the jaffa looks really really good, the detail is amazing, the gate looks good aswell tho it looks as if u used the movie ramp, is there any reason for this?

Comment

Any idea when wave 2 will be and if it will include Sam and Teal'c?
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X