Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Toy Fair, several of the figures were shown with just T-shirts and no jackets. Will these be separate variants or will the figures come with extra arms and removeable jackets?

BTW, have the latest questions been sent in yet? It's been quite a long while since the last round of answers.
    Last edited by knightone; 12 April 2006, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Any word on the other O'Neill and Daniel Jackson variants shown at Toy Fair that have not been officially confirmed or announced? Have any retailers shown interest in taking these variants on as exclusives?

Comment

It has been said that the WWLA limited Jack O'Neill figure has scars on his cheek? Was this a deliberate feature? If so, why? Was it to distinguish it from the regular release of the figure?

Comment

Is there going to be something done with the actual production Jack figure to allow him to hold his P-90? The WWLA figure doesn't seem to be able to hold it very well at all.

Comment

There have been reports of people having difficulty in tracking down comic stores who will be providing the Jack O'Neill figure for Free Comic Book Day. Is there any chance DST will be able to sell these figures on the DST site store or anywhere else?

Comment

I am very pleased with the character likeness of the FCBD O'Neil however I am disappointed in the lack of a hinged knee joint. That swivel cut serve no purpose and I hope this is something that can be changed. The Star Trek Figures look to have a much better range of movement...

About the WWLA O'Neil, is the glossy look just for this figure or will the final release have this glossy paint? The FCBD one is flat, I sure hope the final figures are flat paint as well...
              Also, is that scar on his face to differentiate between the final version or will it also be on the final figure?

Is Daniel going to have the vest? We don't ever see him pictured with it other then the variant camouflaged one.

Is the Jaffa Warrior Teal'C exclusive to shopafx.com? and will he come with the Serpent guard helmet and first Prime cape? http://www.shopafx.com/stjawateexac.html

What's going on with the camo figures? Witch body parts and deco is the final figure going to have and what is the availability?
              http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/sh...hp?photo=33098

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-Act...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-Act...QQcmdZViewItem

When might we hear news about wave three? I'm disappointed that we are getting Thor before Apophis, General Hammond or Bra'tac. I also hope we can give the variants a rest when wave three comes around...
              Last edited by shawn; 09 May 2006, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I have been looking for some kind of confirmation on this for some time and have not found any. What is the deal with the stargate pieces? Series 1 has 3 pieces I gather. All Jacks come with the same piece, correct?

1 piece with any Jack
                1 piece with any Daniel
                1 piece with the Jafaa

so 3 pieces make up the what? Stargate for series 1? Or the ramp? Or parts of both? I wanna know if I'll have a complete Stargate by getting 3 from series 1 or not.

Comment

Are you planning a carded accessories set with belts, sidearms with holsters, knifes and canteens? My Jack is borrowing a sidearm, holster and knife from my McFarlane Military figure but you can't remove their belts. Jack would never go offworld without ALL his gear.

LOVE the figures! I own 2-WWLA and 6-FCBD Jack so far (all from ebay) and I have pre-ordered Wave 1 and 2. THANK YOU DST!

Comment

A BIG batch of questions is being sent to DST today. Sorry for the delay on this round!
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I have noticed since buying the FCBD that the knee joint doesn't exist, this seems a majpor problem, as is his inability to hold a P-90, I have to have him holding it at 45 degrees to the correct angle and so he can only hold it at his waist, to correct this will there be several hands like the enterprise models and will the articlutaion be modified for more manuverability (such as at the elbows being 360 degree rotation as it is but alos sideways movement) and will something similar be featured for the serpant gurad so he can hold the staff weapon in two hands???

The image of the serpant guard seems to have limited articulation (none at the elbows and knees) is this so?

will the black ops figuresd have the hats sculpted on or removable?

Will the earlier versions, such as season 1 versions of Daniel, have the M-16 as that was the early choise of weapon

will the staff weapon be more accurate in size and proportion for the final release

How about alternate reality Carter and Teal'c and teal'c in armour

The Col. O'neill and Black Ops O'neill seem to be pretty much the same just repainted, is this the case and will that be the case for the final figures?

Will an electronic gate with spinning and lights be made eventually and perhaps an interfacing DHD where pressing the red activation button causes it to start spinning etc and makes the sound effects including the locking and an attachable puddle

The black ops oneill figure features a black wooly hat, yet in the TV showm he just wears a black baseball cap, is this a mistake or just as the miodel shown was a prototype
                      Last edited by NIKIN; 26 May 2006, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Any plans for a "Murray" Teal'c?

Comment

Camouflage versions (both woodland and desert) of both Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson were shown at Toy Fair this year. No US retailers chose to take any wave 1 variants as exclusives, which is why i assume these aren't being released with wave 1. However, Forbidden Planet in the UK has a couple of camo versions of these figures available for presale on their website. So are these figures going to be released in the UK? If so, are there any plans in the works to get these released in the US as well?

Comment

I know that this question has been asked before,
                            but I'll put it in my own words; Will there be any
                            Stargate starship toys like the F-302, Death Glider,
                            or Tel'tak?

I'm talking maybe 1:63 scale for the ships, not big
                            enough for the big figures to fit in.

If not, it would be so cool to have an F-302 on a stand
                            next to my bed...with Cameron Mitchel in the cockpit!
                            Last edited by Dark Falcon; 12 June 2006, 05:33 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Are there any plans to release a Zat in the open position for the Stargate figure series? (The current Zat included is in the closed position).

Comment

Why did DST create Wave 1 with no knee articulation? What was the rush? We've waited this long. If, as DST, alluded to the knee articulation will come with wave 2, why couldn't they have pushed back the release of wave 1 to get it right? Is this just a nice marketing ploy to get us poor saps to now have to buy two different versions of the same figure (i.e wave 1 Core Jaffa - no knee articuation then a year and a half later lo and behold we find we get the same exact figure, in say wave 4, now WITH knee articuation.)

Comment

Working...
                                X