Page 1 of 5 1 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Hybrid View

GateWorld Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

The heroes of Stargate will finally get long-deserved action figures in the months ahead when Diamond Select Toys releases the first wave of toys based on the hit TV franchise (story). So what kind of figures will they be, where will we be able to find them ... and, more importantly, just who will we get to see in plastic?

GateWorld connected with Diamond Select immediately after the company announced the action figure line to get those initial questions answered. The company not only jumped at the chance to answer what they could at this early stage, but also offered to answer more questions from Stargate fans on an on-going basis! Look below for details on how to submit a question of your own.

Visit GateWorld to find our initial Q&A with Diamond Select Toys!

Now, it's time for you to ask questions!
    Just post it here. We'll cull through this thread every so often and send your questions to Diamond Select, then post the answers at GateWorld.

A few special guidelines for this thread:

• Give a peek at what has been asked so far. We won't send the same question twice.
    • Read the Q&As that have already been posted at GateWorld. (We'll keep a running list of links here in this thread's first post.) Again, if it's been asked and answered, your question will just be ignored.
    • Be creative! We already know the basics, and we know that there is only so much the company can reveal at this stage of production. So for this Q&A to be successful, you'll have to use your noodle.

Thanks to Diamond Select Toys for their enthusiasm and their efforts to keep us in-the-know!

Lieutenant Colonel ancientalliance's Avatar

Default Re: Ask Diamond Select Toys!

When in 2006 will the first line be introduced?

Staff Sergeant

I don't want to speak badly (or sound like a smartass), but the Serenity figures did not look as close to the characters as they could have been. Will the SG1 figures be more faithful?

The characters went through major changes over the nine years. In the initial assortment of O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c and Jackson, from what "era" will they be (glasses and long haired Daniel (season one), Teal'c with the goatee (season four), General O'Neill (season eight))? Has this been decided yet?

Any change of making a Stargate toy to send the figures through?

Probie

I asked about action figures a while back and got laugh at now i have some questions regarding this news

Will there be mini reson bust ?

Will there be just a mini resin statues about 10-inches

Will the figures come with display plataforms were they can stand ?

How many articulation points will there be ?

Thats about it personally i feel that figures should have no articulation points and for display only

that is all

ancient-archangemon out

Will you please let us know asap what figures will be realeased first and when Atlantis figures will be released?
    Will Ben Browder be released in the first wave? Thank you!!
    Darren, I love your av!!

What kind of accessories will be included with the figures?
    Will there be separate packs of accessories we have to buy?
    A signature.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

What color uniforms will the team be wearing?

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonn
    I don't want to speak badly (or sound like a smartass), but the Serenity figures did not look as close to the characters as they could have been. Will the SG1 figures be more faithful?

The characters went through major changes over the nine years. In the initial assortment of O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c and Jackson, from what "era" will they be (glasses and long haired Daniel (season one), Teal'c with the goatee (season four), General O'Neill (season eight))? Has this been decided yet?

Any change of making a Stargate toy to send the figures through?
    i really agree with this quote, the serenity figures were so terrible looking it made me not want to buy them. plain faces with steel stares. zero facial detail. I truely hope that the SG1 figures will be leaps and bounds above the quality of the serenity figures.

but i digress i want to ask if we'll get to see any asguard figures?

I, like so many others, can hardly wait for our glorious action figures And in fact waiting has been the only draw back so far! DST is there anyway to fast track these babies? On second thought, take your time and make them the fine works of art we have been waiting for...

I would like to offer a humble suggestion for a variant, since you will release a Serpent Guard in the first wave, how about slapping a gold coat of paint on it(and a new head sculpt) for our first Apophis. Apophis would be a real variant we could sink our teeth into versus a silver Serpent Guard or a Black Serpent (although I would buy those too

Also how can we, as consumers, help promote these new figures? After all as the fan base it is in the best interest of us all for sales to go through the roof so that we can move down that great SG-1/At character list. So that we can own great figs like Anubis, Sokar, Horus oh my!
    Can we set up fan based web sites to offer free promotion? Can we run fan choice contests for special figures. DST, you have a great fan base here, willing to not only buy your product but help you sell it too. Lets think outside the box and set a new trend in SCI action figures. Lets us know how we can help.

In the announcement it was stated that the sculpting would be by two studios, Plan B and Jean St Jean Studios. Which studio is doing which figure? I'm assuming that Plan B will do the human military characters and Jean St jean the aliens.

Will the human military figures be made using Plan B's next generation body(ie ball hips)?

What kind of accessories will be included? Will you take advantage of Plan B's already existing gun molds to include lots of weaponry?

Have you considered including a piece of the Stargate with each figure, to build it if you collect all the figures? This would be better than a figure base with each figure imo.

Just wanted to make a mention of the new Daniel Jackson figure, as linked from the GW news page. Looks pretty good, although I think the resemblance is not fully there yet. His neck looks weird, maybe it's the pic or the necessity of action figure design.

By covering the face from under the nose-down, it looks more like DJ--just add glasses! The mouth and chin and neck all seem a little off, but so far so good.

Daniel Re: Ask Diamond Select Toys!

Quote Originally Posted by immelmann View Post
    i really agree with this quote, the serenity figures were so terrible looking it made me not want to buy them. plain faces with steel stares. zero facial detail. I truely hope that the SG1 figures will be leaps and bounds above the quality of the serenity figures.

but i digress i want to ask if we'll get to see any asguard figures?
    Series 1 I have Black Ops Jack O'Neill, Dr. Daniel Jackson and the Serpant Guard.

Series 2 on the diamond select figures has thor, Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, Teal'c, Replicator Cater, Desert Combat Carter, Jaffa Warrior Teal'c, and Black Ops Teal'c.

The figures are really nice.

Series 3 should be coming out soon. I have read that it will be Cam Mitchell, Vala, and an Ori Prior. I don't remember what the others will be.

If DST decides to make another mail away figure offer with say series 4 or 5 of the SG-1 line, will DST accept the Proof of Purchase from Series 3 since that wave had no mail away figure?

DST, is there a chance of having a season 10 off world vala in the near future? also with a better face sculpt? the off world vala we have now does not look like claudia black (no offense).
    Last edited by Gen. O'Neill; April 30th, 2007 at 06:38 PM.
    "Daniel?"
    "For crying out loud!!"
    "Roddney?"
    "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Can You divulge any information on the cover/box?

Lightbulb Re: Ask Diamond Select Toys!

Okay, based on my experience as a figure collector and a avid SG junkie

in point form.

1. What kind of Articulation can we expect. IE 5 = joints at hips, arms & head. 9 = joints at knees, hips, arms/elbows & head.
    2. What can be expected in terms of accessories in terms of # of accessories with each figure.
    3. Having looked at the recent released photo of the Jackson figure, it's obvious your using the Season 5-8 Jackson with short hair and no glasses. While the clothing looks dead on, the neck also looks over proportioned. Is this a byproduct of the sculpting or maybe articulation?.
    4. Are there aspirations to add playsets to the line if sales warrent further figures, like in the ST enterprise line where several key figures also came in Set commponents. IE like having SG1 come with parts for say, the SGC Gateroom?
    5. What about figure bases. Will they be freestanding or will they include bases for the figures to stand on, adding to thier stability. (maybe molded in say factions IE O'neil on a SGC base, the Guard on one molded in Apohis's symbol)

DST, i read the news of the stargate and i want to know how big is the gate? also what is the difference between Col. O'Neill and Gen. O'Neill figures? thank you.
    "Daniel?"
    "For crying out loud!!"
    "Roddney?"
    "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Thanks for the answers, also the two figures you've shown so far look excellent, as does the build-a-Stargate.

How many variants can we expect for each wave? We've heard of the in-case General O'Neill. Will there be alternate headsculpts or will it be mainly uniform variations?

I agree the two figures look great! I would like to ask about the articulation on the Serpent Guard, from the photo in Spectrum it looks as if his arm is one piece with a ball joint at the top. And then a turn at the wrist? How about the legs? When can we expect a pic sans the Serpent Helmet?

BTW thanks very much for the time you spend answering our questions, I hope we all can make it worth DST while coming release day.

Lightbulb Re: Ask Diamond Select Toys!

Are there any plans to make an Ascended Daniel Jackson with the famous blue robes he wore on Vis Uban or the robes he wore on Abydos? How about the newest villians, the Ori and the Priors?

Kathy