Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314 151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Probie

Default Re: Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

You want to hear it from the source? Here you go: customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com. eMail your question about anything and they will email you back within 24-48 hours. Or you can email or call directly to your own DIAMOND SELECT TOYS rep.

So, how many toy companies do you work for that deal directly with DIAMOND SELECT TOYS? Ever meet any of their reps? Ever talk directly to any of their reps? Ever been given in advanced DIAMOND SELECT TOYS before they ever hit the toy shelves? Ever been given an exclusive toy to sell from your company from DIAMOND SELECT TOYS? What, no? Im sorry to hear that. So next time you want to jump on someone, you better check to see who they work for and what connections they have.

Its an INVALID question since it had already been asked.

Quote Originally Posted by jmw326 View Post
    It is still a valid question. Although your info is appreciated I would rather hear it directly from the rep and not second or third hand. There may even be new info by the time this gets answered. So maybe you should not be so quick to jump on people for trying to get accurate info.

I think someboby needs a nap. Or a diaper change. Not trying to pick a fight here (like you are). Just making a statement that nobody knows who you are or what exactly to believe. Anyone can say that they have connections or information but you never know on these boards exactly what to believe. That is why we have this Q&A. So that DST (not someone that just likes to show off) can answer our questions directly. Like I said earlier. Your info is appreciated, but we would like to hear it from DST since this is the Ask DST thread not the Ask IrishScorpian thread. So you may want to check your attitude at the door next time. Or at least get over yourself.

Dst is there anychance you will do 200 figures?
    thx

Second Lieutenant

If someone wants to ask a question even if the info has already been covered on here then let them. Many people on the internet don't visit the GateWorld forum but they do read the Q&As when they are released so having it answered on the Q&A will let alot of other people know the status of those figures.

As well, since the next Q&A session probably won't be any time soon as far as we know, if it's a month or two from now or even just weeks from now then whatever information we get will be more up-to-date. Since things in a toy line can easily change in a short amount of time, having as many updates as possible is always a good thing.

Overall, it is up to the person who sends the Q&A to GateWorld's DST rep on what questions will be put in, let them worry about if a question is needed or not.

Overall, it is up to the person who sends the Q&A to GateWorld's DST rep on what questions will be put in, let them worry about if a question is needed or not.
    Well Said.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

I will remind folks of Gateworld's number one rule....RESPECT YOUR FELLOW FORUM MEMBERS

Y'all need to chill out and mellow down. If you have a personal issue, take it to PM or deal with it privately. Calling other people names is not respect. And if a person's post angers you enough that you cannot respond without breaking the rules, either put that person on ignore or walk away and let it be.

Second Lieutenant

I appreciate the input, IrishScorpion, but things change and there may be additional information and insight that Chuck from DST can add as well. They listed Desert Combat Carter on the packaging. If they weren't at least confident there was a good chance of release, they probably wouldn't have listed her. After all they didn't list desert versions of O'Neill, Jackson, or even T'ealc. So why did they list Carter? It may be that, at the time you asked the question, the process had not moved far enough for them to be able to release information of any kind about a domestic release. It happens all the time. One day a figure is said to not have a scheduled release, but the next day or week or month, a deal is finalized and the announcement can be made while previously they didn't know if it would actually happen or not. I asked the question because, when the Q&A does get sent in, any deals that may be in the works might have moved far enough along that DST can tell us about it or at least give us a hint of it.

I appreciate the fact that you shared the information you have with us. That is always helpful and it was helpful to me that you pointed it out as I had not seen it before. However, my question still stands and I would like to see Chuck/DST answer it in the Q&A as I'm sure other members would as well. So I will ask it again:

The packaging for the SG1 series two figures list "Desert Combat Samantha Carter" as a variant figure along with the other series 2 figures and Replicator Carter. When is this figure due for release?
    Last edited by knightone; January 19th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.

does anyone know when part 6 will be up?

Second Lieutenant

-At ToyFair last year, offworld Carter was seen with what appeared to be the small rectangular generator from "Learning Curve", what happened to this accessory?

-How many waves will be shown at ToyFair?

-Since the Serenity license meant having Adam Baldwin's likeness sculpted for DST, is there any chance of seeing his "Heroes" Colonel character, possibly as an exclusive?

-Will the Puddle Jumper be considered for playset/diorama possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedigreedo View Post
    -At ToyFair last year, offworld Carter was seen with what appeared to be the small rectangular generator from "Learning Curve", what happened to this accessory?
    I'm not 100% sure but i think the generator might be for desert camo carters' accessory because in the pictures the desert varient has the crystal which offworld carter comes with. so it might have been a mix up when putting the display out. It was the same with offworld teal'c. He was shown with the death glider gun, instead of a staff weapon.

I'm not positive just assuming. hope it helped.

Quick question, I haven't read everybody's posts, but I was wondering if StarGate Atlantis toys will be made? Do let me know.

Cheers!

Probie

The following consists on Stargate: Atlantis- Series 1:

Main Figures-
    Dr. Elizabeth Weir
    Field Ops Dr Weir (chase figure)
    Lt. Col John Sheppard
    Wraith Male

PREVIEWS Exclusive Figure-
    Field Ops Sheppard

Case Toppers (Unpainted Prototype Figures in White Box)-
    Dr. Elizabeth Weir
    Field Ops Dr Weir
    Lt. Col John Sheppard
    Wraith Male

Bonuses-
    Figures will have pieces of Atlantis' Blue Stargate. Unknown whether or not Series 1 will complete the Stargate or will need Series 2 to complete it.

Information was released Fall of 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Torri Higginson's Playground View Post
    Quick question, I haven't read everybody's posts, but I was wondering if StarGate Atlantis toys will be made? Do let me know.

Cheers!

Since there has been a problem with the Sam piece DST coud release sam without a hat and she could have a p90 g.d.o and a laptop,and ofcourse the right gate peice,
    just a suggestion

Probie

Several people from Diamond Select Toys, including my contact in marketing, just came back from New York City. They were remodeling and adding items to their showroom for the American International Toy Fair, 11-14 February 2007.

New prototypes and never before mentioned items will be on display there, including new Stargate items.

Diamond Select Toys is based out of Timonium, MD (about an hour North of Washington DC and 20 min North of Baltimore, MD.

Probie

Default This Just in from Diamond Select Toys

Stargate: SG-1 Series 2
    Samantha Carter Error Replacement

Diamond Select Toy’s Stargate Series 2 action figures were recently released and unfortunately due to a factory error the Samantha Carter figures were packaged with the wrong piece of the Stargate. While the Stargate does fit together with the four released pieces, the Samantha Carter piece is the same piece that came with the Jack O’Neill figure in Series 1. It was our intention for each character to have a unique piece of the gate.

In attempt to get the missing Stargate piece to our fans, we ask that they visit www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate and enter in the required information. We will send a replacement piece out as soon as possible, free of charge.

We regret this factory mistake and apologize for any inconvenience. We realize that our fans expect the highest standards from our products, and we strive for nothing less.

Does the Atlantian Gate have 4 pieces like the SG1 gate? I noticed from pictures in the toy fair that it seemed to only have 2. It also seemed to be completely attached to the base. Will we be able to build a full circle gate for a space gate, or it it periminantly attached to the base?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
    Does the Atlantian Gate have 4 pieces like the SG1 gate? I noticed from pictures in the toy fair that it seemed to only have 2. It also seemed to be completely attached to the base. Will we be able to build a full circle gate for a space gate, or it it periminantly attached to the base?

that's what I would like to know
    Does this meen that you only need wave 1 to build the SGA gateroom?
    If so please change it, I'd rather wait to get wave 1 and 2 and have a decent gate room than have 1/2 a gate stuck on 2 buffy figure bases.
    Please, please please make a cool decent sized gate room like SG command, it looks like if we get a ronin figure he'll have to duck his head to go through it.
    Love the new figures

Quote Originally Posted by gate this View Post
    Love the new figures
    The new Atlantis figures are indeed fantastic! DST, I was really worried about the blue/grey uniform color, and that they would just be grey, but I think you captured it perfectly! I will get multiples of each, no doubt. The translucent blue on the gate also looks fantastic. Having the gate attached to a base all the time is OK as well, but since the gate seems to be only 2 pieces, Can Series 2 come with two parts to build a space gate? I also assume that the wraith comes with the drone and Weir and Sheppard come with a gate/base piece each?

Jack Re: Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

DST, i have a few question to ask:
    1. Is it possable to make the atlantis gate bigger? in the toyfair pics the gate looks too small compared to the sg-1 gate, since the bottom part is not there.

2. How many pieces will there be for the atlantis gate? is it going to be like the sg-1 series where you need two series to bulid the gate or different? in the toy fair pics it looks like it will take one series (wier and sheppard) to make the gate because there are only two pieces there plus the base. what is the offcial word on the gate pieces?

3. What kind of accesories will "field ops" have? will he have a p-90 like in the show? and will he come with a lifesign detector? also what accesories will wier have is she going to have accesories from her office? or a zpm?

4. Will michell and vala have the same arcticulation as the series 2 figures? in the toy fair pics michell doesn't have kness joints is michelle and vala going to have vest and p-90's?. and is michell and vala going to have pieces of the DHD?
    "Daniel?"
    "For crying out loud!!"
    "Roddney?"
    "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

about the Build-a feature, Where's the M.A.L.P????
    Who comes with what does the prior come with the whole M.A.L.P,
    Mitchell and Vala the D.H.D and does BLK ops Jackson have another gate piece?
    You do know the DHD is wrong, sticky things point up not down. Has someone put it together wrong or did you mean it to look like that.

Tar