This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks not yet signed for season 10

Just reporting the post. Any quibbles over wording, quibble at MS's publicist, as this apepars to be a direct quote. ANd keeping this separate from Amanda Tapping stuff...

From Michael Shanks Online (http://www.michaelshanks-online.com)

Ending much speculation resulting from the London Expo cancellation,
    the following information has been provided to MSOL by Michael's
    publicist:

"Michael's appearance at the London Expo was actually cancelled awhile
    ago as Michael had some general commitments to meet in Los Angeles
    that weekend, and not for any specific meeting about any particular
    major TV role as has been previously reported. Further, in terms of
    his appearance in Season 10 of Stargate SG-1, at this time Michael is
    not confirmed as returning and is a free agent."

Which I take to be: MS is in contract negotiations, as whenever I hear free agent, I think of overpriced sports players....

I highly doubt that MS will leave SG1, but that's just MO and I'll try and reserve judgement for now...
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I would be quite unhappy if MS left the show, again. That said I am not too worried he will do so. Considering the new season would seem to be heavy on the Daniel I am guessing that he will sign.

(Funny how the apparent direction of the show leads one to easily beleive certain possibilities while disregard others outright.)
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSEPH MALLOZZI'S BLOG
        I do know that all members of the cast have made known their desire to return for a 10th season.
        I assume Shanks is included in "all".

a time to mourn

Comment

I'm not too worried about the possibility of Shanks leaving SG-1. I just don't think it's going to happen.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would seriously doubt that Michael will be leaving before the show ends now. He knows that, despite the fact Ben has the lead role in the opening titles, this show is centred on him now. Jack leaving made Daniel the heart of Stargate for most fans and the producers know it. They have purposely worked to create a whole new status quo for him, particularly with the return of Vala, and they will not want to have to rethink now.

Definate negotitation tactics going on here and i say go for it, Michael! You deserve a pay rise!

Comment

I should note here the GW article on the wrap party dated 10/6. Give the actors a break, all will be well. If not, GW will post.
              "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Freak
                I would seriously doubt that Michael will be leaving before the show ends now. He knows that, despite the fact Ben has the lead role in the opening titles, this show is centred on him now. Jack leaving made Daniel the heart of Stargate for most fans and the producers know it. They have purposely worked to create a whole new status quo for him, particularly with the return of Vala, and they will not want to have to rethink now.

Definate negotitation tactics going on here and i say go for it, Michael! You deserve a pay rise!
                Yes, the actors are in negotiation. Scifi isn't saying anything more past that (I asked a friend who is a reporter to look into it and that's all Scifi will say)

Comment

Money is what that business is all about. I'm sure everything will fall into place as it should. I'm pretty optimistic about this.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Michael just landed a role on CSI: Miami (in a guest star capacity) which is why he has just bowed out of the Wolf 10 convention in the UK. That's a big coup!

From the wolf 10 message board :

"To everyone attending SG-10, I want to extend my sincere apology that I have at the eleventh hour to cancel my appearance. This is not something I do lightly but it is unavoidable. I have spend most of today/night with Bryan on the phone trying to work out a plan but we have failed to find a way round my work commitment. After having to cancel the Expo last week I was so sure that there would not be a problem with SG-10.

I will be guest starring on the US hit series CSI Miami and was only booked yesterday and am required on set Friday.

Not the news I wanted you to hear but I do wish you all the best at the event and will be phoning into SG-10 to talk to you all on Saturday."
                    Last edited by prion; 03 November 2005, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      Michael just landed a role on CSI: Miami (in a guest star capacity) which is why he has just bowed out of the Wolf 10 convention in the UK. That's a big coup!

From the wolf 10 message board :

"To everyone attending SG-10, I want to extend my sincere apology that I have at the eleventh hour to cancel my appearance. This is not something I do lightly but it is unavoidable. I have spend most of today/night with Bryan on the phone trying to work out a plan but we have failed to find a way round my work commitment. After having to cancel the Expo last week I was so sure that there would not be a problem with SG-10.

I will be guest starring on the US hit series CSI Miami and was only booked yesterday and am required on set Friday.

Not the news I wanted you to hear but I do wish you all the best at the event and will be phoning into SG-10 to talk to you all on Saturday."

Congratulations to Michael.

Isn't Jonathan Glassner working on CSI: Miami is some capacity?

Jace
                      Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

JG is a sometimes writer and Cons. producer on the show. Last time he wrote anything for CSI Miami was in s3. Also one guest spot alone is not a big coup. His spot could last 5 mins and they would have to say Guest Starring.
                        Last edited by LaCroix; 03 November 2005, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                          JG is a sometimes writer and Cons. producer on the show. Last time he wrote anything for CSI Miami was in s3. Also one guest spot alone is not a big coup. His spot could last 5 mins and they would have to say Guest Starring.
                          Actors really want to be on any of the CSI shows because it gives them worldwide exposure you can't get on other shows. Yes, MS could have five minutes or ten; it's hard to tell, but it's exposure. Can't argue that. In my book, getting a gig on a CSI is great.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Just reporting the post. Any quibbles over wording, quibble at MS's publicist, as this apepars to be a direct quote. ANd keeping this separate from Amanda Tapping stuff...

Because you mentioned 'wording', I thought I would share my article I wrote for Eclipse Magazine from the same press release sent to me by Michael Shanks' publicist at the same time it was sent to Msol, Solutions and several others for reporting and news writing

http://www.eclipsemagazine.com/modul...p?storyid=1545
                            ______
                            Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Yeah, I think this little role on CSI is great for MS. Good for him. And I'm sure he'll be around like we all expect next season on SG-1.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X