Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mature symbiote seeking potential host...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mature symbiote seeking potential host...

I've had a look but I can't see if this was covered in another thread, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    What would happen if a goa'uld took a prior as a host? Seeing as a prior is basically a hok'taur and Nirrti was trying to create hok'taurs as potential hosts, would the goa'uld be dominant? Or would the enhanced mental abilities of a prior give it control, and thus access to all the knowledge of a goa'uld thousands of years old?

AND HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!
    Arthur Dent: On Earth we have..
    Ford Prefect: Had.
    Arthur Dent: Had... this thing called tact.

Originally posted by arthurdenu
    I've had a look but I can't see if this was covered in another thread, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    What would happen if a goa'uld took a prior as a host? Seeing as a prior is basically a hok'taur and Nirrti was trying to create hok'taurs as potential hosts, would the goa'uld be dominant? Or would the enhanced mental abilities of a prior give it control, and thus access to all the knowledge of a goa'uld thousands of years old?

AND HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!
    I get the feeling that
    Spoiler:
    we will get the answer to those very questions in the second half of Season 9.

Comment

Who knows if a Goauld could actually do it by surprise. The priors seem to have an enhanced sense of their surroundings, so they may be able to sense it and stop it with telekenesis. But interesting nonetheless. We know that a strong willed host can influence the symbiote (Skara at the end of season 1), so maybe a strong enough host could control the symbiote.
      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Mmmm... from my POV, the only reason Ska'ra was able to influence his body like that was because the Jaffa had a "rush job" done on using the Sarcophogus. Klor'el said that if he got more time in the Sarcophogus, he would be able to go on withour further interruption (OK, reading between the lines, but...). A strong-willed host will influence the symbiote's actions to a certain degree (Kendra influencing her "Beast" to go to Cimmeria) , but not be able to completely take control again.

Basically, IMHO, either a Goa'uld can enter and take full control with only a possibility of influence from the host, or the blending can't take place and the symbiote dies.

"Course, this is assuming that a Goa'uld can enter a Prior by surprise.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

This is a pretty good question. I for one certainly hope we find out the answer to it.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
            I wonder how the Goa'uld is effected that Garak is carrying now that he is a prior, and I hope we get to see that Goa'uld take a host

That up there is a major spoiler! Yes, it is.

Comment

That's spooky, I'd just asked that very same question in the "Ask Joe" thread. Probably showing up my lack of knowledge of previous threads/spoilers, but ah well.

Another thought to ponder is if a goauld can take over a prior as a host (and I know we haven't seen any female priors yet) then imagine a harcesis child born from two goauld/priors!

What powers/abilities/knowledge would it possess? And would it mean our salvation or spell our complete distruction?

oooOOOOO....
              Arthur Dent: On Earth we have..
              Ford Prefect: Had.
              Arthur Dent: Had... this thing called tact.

Comment

Oh, and here I was thinking this was a 'Personal add' in the Goa'uld newspaper...

But its certainly an interesting concept

Comment

Comment

Good One , Time will tell

Comment

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. There was something to do with that in Horizon actually, except with a different race, not priors but an advance (mentally) race.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                      X