This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
    I didn't start this thread because of the rumors, I started this because the other day I started writing down my own episode of SG-1 and I thought 'hey, season 9's halfway done so this wouldn't necessarily fit in with that canon, so maybe I can make a VS10 and have fun writing my own season with a few other cool writers.' Pathetic sounding, I know, but, more or less true.
    In your first post:

As many of you are aware, rumors are circulating concerning the status of Colonel Carter on SG-1, and than she may be split between SG-1 and Atlantis. Combine that with the rumors of Daniel leaving the team, and the premanence of Vala... well, not all of us can really stand all of that without an alternative.
    Be honest with yourself dude. Look, I am sick of these threads and I want to point to everyone of them and laugh when they are proven wrong.

Comment

Look, the fact of the matter remains, when I said 'not everyone,' I wasn't including myself. It's a hook. Persuasive writing.
      I'm looking forward to whatever Season 10 brings, but I just want to do some writing and put together something cool. Is that so bad?
      Besides, I've heard that MS even said at some convention that he was looking forward to season 10 and would even write an episode for it (I like that rumor better than Daniel leaving, and it sounds more likely). As for AT being split between the shows, I can't wait to see Atlantis being livened up with her experience.

Comment

So what did you guys think of my previous post???
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry, NowIWillDestroyAbydos.
          No offence, but RepliDaniel and replicators in Pegasus is a bit of a stretch, and it just sort of does to death an enemy that was mercilessly destroyed by the Ancient weapon.
          As for your first episode idea - there just isn't a conflict in it, and I don't think its fleshed out enough. Also, I don't think ZPMs even have naquadah in them to begin with (although I could be wrong). The Janus thing is overly predicatable.

Comment

No offence, but RepliDaniel and replicators in Pegasus is a bit of a stretch, and it just sort of does to death an enemy that was mercilessly destroyed by the Ancient weapon.
            As for your first episode idea - there just isn't a conflict in it, and I don't think its fleshed out enough. Also, I don't think ZPMs even have naquadah in them to begin with (although I could be wrong). The Janus thing is overly predicatable.
            did you read the last section of it
            Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            That's all for now. I'm not doing this in Fan Fiction form because it's to complex to tell it in Fan Fiction form. One more thing, most of it may be impossible, but it's Science Fiction, and my personal idea (so don't copy it without my permission, okay )
            And it's Abydos not NowIWillDestroyAbydos (it saves you typing time)
            sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I dunno.
              Spoiler:
              I mean we never actually saw RepliCarter die in Reckoning. There was the white light, but that was it. And if Daniel managed to survive it, it's entirely possible that RepliCarter manged to somehow. I've entertained the notion that RepliCarter somehow survived (mainly because Evil Chicks are hot ) and RepliCarter in the Pegasus galaxy would be very interesting.

Imagine this:

Sheppard: Who is that?
              McKay: Colonel Carter! Wha- what are you doing here?
              RepliCarter: It's good to see you again Rodney.
              McKay: See, she called me Rodney. She likes me.
              Teyla: I don't know if you could say that...
              *RepliCarter advances and prepares to do the hand in the head thing*
              McKay: What, no! You called me Rodney! That means you like me! Don't stick that in my head. Argh!

Last edited by Agent_Dark; 31 October 2005, 08:03 PM.

Comment

So what did you guys think of my previous post???
                I think it sounds great! I love the idea of RepliDaniel! LOL!

I know you said it is too complex to be written as a fanfic, but I would love to read it! Maybe you should consider a book ...
                Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Hmm, I dunno.
                  Spoiler:
                  I mean we never actually saw RepliCarter die in Reckoning. There was the white light, but that was it. And if Daniel managed to survive it, it's entirely possible that RepliCarter manged to somehow.
                  I've entertained the notion that RepliCarter somehow survived (mainly because Evil Chicks are hot ) and RepliCarter in the Pegasus galaxy would be very interesting.
                  Spoiler:
                  Daniel was saved by Oma and RepliCarter died at the hand of the Ancient weapon on Dakara.
                  It can't that hard to figure it out. And did you ever hear of Spoiler tags (you should've used them on your post).
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Daniel was saved by Oma and RepliCarter died at the hand of the Ancient weapon on Dakara.
                    It can't that hard to figure it out. And did you ever hear of Spoiler tags (you should've used them on your post).
                    Err, isnt season 8 in syndication now anyway? I thought that meant spoiler tags could be relaxed.

What I was saying was that we
                    Spoiler:
                    never actually saw RepliCarter die. It was strongly hinted at yes, but in true SciFi fashion we never saw the body. And even on Stargate, seeing the body doesn't always mean death. If Daniel was able to cheat death there, then its entirely possible that RepliCarter is able to as well.

Comment

Yeah, well... Season 8's pretty good and passed now.

The episode that I'm currently writing is called King of the Cadavers.
                      SG-1 goes to another world where they are immediately hailed as the fortold saviors by its natives, who think that SG-1 will save their souls from oblivion, and thwart death - or so is fortold by the ancient prophet of their culture, Janus.
                      The locals bring them to the Cave of Ordeals, where SG-1 finds a device resembling the Tel'Chak device (fountain of youth). Apparently, this device's sole purpose is to do what the Tel'Chak did not - revive the dead completely and entirely, not simply as reanimated tissue, but as the person they once were.
                      A prior soon arrives on the planet and the plague stikes rapidly - and Daniel races to find a way to activate it. He does so, and those killed come back to life- but something is not quite right about those reanimated. They continue living lives as they did before, but cease to experience anything new - they no longer are capable of thought and frequently belive themselves to be reexperiencing their lives as they were before they died - they are merely cadavers.
                      The prior returns and returns the souls to the revived people, winning the trust and admiration of the peoples. The people incarcerate Daniel, believing him to be evil. The team returns, banished from the village forever. Meanwhile, Daniel contracts the plague - and the prior won't cure him until he's been purified and will accept the Ori as gods.
                      Yeah. You can see where it's going.

Comment

Here's how the rules go:

SG-1 Seasons 1-7: spoiler tags are not necessary
                        SGA Seasons 1 & 2, SG-1 Seasons 8 & 9: spoiler tags are necessary

So until Season 9 (of SG-1 and Season 2 of SGA) starts in syndication spoiler tags are necessary for Season 8 (SG-1) & 1 (SGA)
                        sigpic

Comment

Guess I'm really behind - I read about AT splitting her screen time between SG-1 and Atlantis however, I don't recall reading about Daniel possibly leaving! Where and when was this info? He'd be a difficult character to replace. Was this a TPTB decision or is MS having 2nd thoughts "again" about continuing as Daniel.

Thanks in advance for an update!

Comment

I had an idea for a fanfic/virtual spinoff once. Then I saw that everyone was doing it and tossed the idea in the trash. And to be less random:

Here's how the rules go:

SG-1 Seasons 1-7: spoiler tags are not necessary
                            SGA Seasons 1 & 2, SG-1 Seasons 8 & 9: spoiler tags are necessary

So until Season 9 (of SG-1 and Season 2 of SGA) starts in syndication spoiler tags are necessary for Season 8 (SG-1) & 1 (SGA)
                            Is that an official, moderator posted rule? I thought it has to be spolier tagged until the season finished airing in the top markets (US, UK, and Canada).

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                            X