Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CSI Miami is not a guest appearance but a substantial character / person. I personally don't blame Michael Shanks if he says no to season 10, as his character, Daniel has been ignored again. Daniel should have gone to atlantis, but no the only person from SG1 who is making a cross over is Amanda, OK its a dream / Hallucination, but it should be Daniel going to help unlock the secrets of atlantis. His character in SG1 has stalled, and with this series all being about the Ori, it is too much like controlling snake heads again, just a different name. Perhaps if the writer came up with something more, like perhaps exploring other world, unlocking more history / new finds then there would be more for the character of Daniel Jackson, but there isn't it seems to be more about Ben Bowder, who is plastic anyway (in my Opinion).

Stick to your guns Michael, demand more for Daniel then consider if season 10 is right!

JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Has ANYONE actually been confirmed as signing on? Amanda hasn't signed, Joe M says he hasn't even been asked yet... just because someone hasn't literally signed (or we haven't heard about it) doesn't mean they aren't going to.
      Exactly, ShadowMaat. From what I remember about Season 9, Ben Browder was officially announced on December 15th and Michael Shanks a week later. Not sure when Amanda and CJ were actually confirmed...

So, it looks as if it could be a while yet before contract negotiations have ended, signing taken place and official announcement made.

Absolutely no need to worry... everyone's a free agent at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Wizard
        The CSI Miami is not a guest appearance but a substantial character / person.
        I don't wish to be argumentative, but Michael's participation in CSI Miami is a guest appearance.

In fact, Michael uses the terminology himself in his announcement - "I will be guest starring on the US hit series CSI Miami and was only booked yesterday and am required on set Friday." (Quote obtained from Michael Shanks Online).

From all reports, Michael is appearing in one episode only. For each new episode, CSI always has a new set of victims/suspects and other folk related to the "case of the week" (eg: Tony Amendola appearing in an ep of CSI as the owner of an apartment where someone was murdered) and I expect Michael will be filling one of those roles. He's not a member of the regular cast, therefore he must be classified as a guest star.

You seem to be interpreting people's use of the term "guest appearance" as them inferring the part isn't a "substantial character". The two phrases aren't mutually exclusive. There have been plenty of pivotal roles involving guest characters on TV. Andy Hallett (Lorne) appeared in almost every episode of Angel Season 3, yet was still billed as a guest star. Doesn't mean his character wasn't important. He just wasn't signed on as permanent cast at that time. Michael's own appearances in Stargate Season 6 were credited as guest appearances, and they were extraordinarily important to the plots of those episodes. So don't feel that people are putting him down when they refer to his part in CSI Miami as a "guest appearance". It's just factually correct, and not a slight on him or his role

As for Michael returning to Stargate... his involvement with CSI Miami will be wrapped-up long before he is required back on the Stargate set. He starts filming CSI today and the show airs in December. I believe Stargate starts filming in March. So if he declines to sign on for Season 10, I can't see that it would be related to this in any way.

I, for one, desperately hope he will be back for Season 10. I love watching Daniel, however he is utilised. But ultimately, Michael will make whatever decision is best for him and his family, and if that doesn't involve Stargate then I'll wish him well. For now, I'm delighted for him and can't wait to see him in CSI next month.
        Little Heaven
        http://www.littleheaven.dbfandom.com

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Wizard
          The CSI Miami is not a guest appearance but a substantial character / person. I personally don't blame Michael Shanks if he says no to season 10, as his character, Daniel has been ignored again. Daniel should have gone to atlantis, but no the only person from SG1 who is making a cross over is Amanda, OK its a dream / Hallucination, but it should be Daniel going to help unlock the secrets of atlantis. His character in SG1 has stalled, and with this series all being about the Ori, it is too much like controlling snake heads again, just a different name. Perhaps if the writer came up with something more, like perhaps exploring other world, unlocking more history / new finds then there would be more for the character of Daniel Jackson, but there isn't it seems to be more about Ben Bowder, who is plastic anyway (in my Opinion).
          It's a one-shot guest appearance. A substantial guest appearance? If you get to actually talk in more than one scene, then yes.

Comment

all i have to say is i want ms to stay with stargate
            carter "colone?"
            o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Me too. He got plenty of stuff to do in s9, seems to be getting a good deal in s10, and he's a large part of what I enjoy about the show.

On the other hand, while s10 is going to happen and s11 isn't out of the question I think it's fair to say that there won't be a s27 (cue several posts saying either "I sure hope not!" or "I dunno, if RCC has his way...") for MS to earn his crust from. He needs more strings to his bow and a guest role on a show that seems to be quite big - I'd heard of it anyway - is great for him.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
              X