Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zee PM or Zed PM, how do you pronounce it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee PM or Zed PM, how do you pronounce it?

i say zed pm
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Another two-word topic from you...

Comment

David Hewlett was asked this question at the LFCC last November. IIRC he said that they're letting the characters pronounce it the way they would depending on which country they're from. So, the Americans say zee pm, the Canadians zed pm (with McKay being the exception)

Comment

That's really dumb...

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          That's really dumb...
          Are you calling me dumb or David Hewlett?

Comment

Neither! lol. Sorry. I mean saying it different ways. It's one thing if they say it with an accent, but to change the entire name is kinda dumb.

Just MO, of course.

Comment

The entire name isn't changing though It's not McKay's fault you yankees say Zed wrong is it?
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                Neither! lol. Sorry. I mean saying it different ways. It's one thing if they say it with an accent, but to change the entire name is kinda dumb.

Just MO, of course.
                But pronouncing it differently is the way it is. Believe me, I learned that the hard way: I learned that 'zed' is correct at school, then I travelled around the US a lot and learned to spell my last name with a 'zee' and when I added Canada to the list of my destinations had to realize that I better return to 'zed'...

Comment

I agree pronouncing it in different accent can be very confusing but the reason that TPTB have allowed it to happen is because it is an international team therefore they all have there own way of pronouncing certain words.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Zero Point Module shortens to ZPM. In America, the Z is pronounced "Zee". In Canada, England, and other parts of the world, it's pronounced "Zed". It isn't stupid, it's just the way it is. And it has nothing at all to do with accents. It's like that whole cheeseburger vs. royale with cheese thing in Pulp Fiction. Sure, an American can go into McDonlad's and try ordering a Royale with Cheese, but he'd probably get some odd looks and the counterperson might not even know what he was talking about.

Ever seen Men in Black? Ever wonder why "Zed" had a name when everyone else was just a letter? He DIDN'T! His name is Z.

Comment

ok so if canadians pronounce the letter "Z" as "zed". then how do they say zero? zed-ee-ro? or zee-ro? (those are my attempts at phonetic spelling, sorry)

Comment

do you americans say esalt, esoccer...?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          ok so if canadians pronounce the letter "Z" as "zed". then how do they say zero? zed-ee-ro? or zee-ro? (those are my attempts at phonetic spelling, sorry)
                          Well the British say Zz-ero to my knowlege (like saying Sero with a z) , theres no [Ze]"ee"[ro] here.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            do you americans say esalt, esoccer...?
                            no. but i dont think canadians do either. lol. it may have been a dumb question but it just occured to me while i was reading the thread. so if you crazy canadians pronounce it the same way when using it, then why the difference in pronouncing it by itself? i know that comes off as the arrogant american, thinking everything should be our way, but believe me im not. im not saying either way is right, they are just different, im just curious as to why.

Comment

Well shouldn't you ask yourself why your C and Z are pronounced so similar? Isn't Zed much better? Afterall most letters aren't pronounced the same way in a word as when pronouncing the letter alone.

PS. I'm not even 1% Canadian to my knowledge 75% Swedish and 25% Finnish.

Comment

Working...
                              X