Clear All

Valiant (206)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Valiant"

"Valiant"
    Ep: 2.06
    Release Date: October 27th 2005
    Written by Aaron Percival

As a group of mysterious human/Draque hybrids takes control of the Valiant, David and Tom find themselves fighting a dangerous battle to retake the ship and save the lives of their colleagues.
    Outstanding
    68.42%
    Good
    31.58%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 29 October 2005, 01:14 AM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The episode has now been released. Click on the link to get to the episode page, where the episode will be available for download.

Enjoy, and don't forget to stop back right here to let us know what you thought of it.

Comment

Aaron, my boy, nicely done! I have to say, this is one of my favorite episodes over the past 2 seasons.

Comment

I'm glad you liked the episode. I'm sure Aaron is happy to hear that as well.

Well, the episode has been out for several hours now, and we have one comment and two poll votes. Isn't it incredible to see how many people are just jumping at the chance to comment on these new episodes, and let us know what they thought? I personally think the backstory we touch on in this episode is enough already for raising some questions.
        Spoiler:
        That enzyme will be playing a major role in the future. And, as the episode gives away, we now know that the Draque aren't even reptilians by nature. You have to wonder, what did they used to look like? What's their natural appearance? Will we ever find out? That's a really good question.

Well, on the bright side, you've got me doing something I normally never do. I'm about to release a sketch on which a CG design will be based on. Yup. It's something visual; I can't believe that myself actually. It's a sketch of the, you guessed it, Valiant. Look at it as a desperate attempt to get at least some discussions going.

I ask you to keep in mind, it's far from being completed. It might still change around a bit. One thing we won't be seeing on the actual CG version is the rail guns; basically they're possitioned where the missile cannons will be going, and as you might know, they're retractable. You might also notice that the design is similiar in some ways to the Daedalus, which is intentional. The Valiant is the next type of star ship class built by the ISGC, so you'd find some parallels to both the Prometheus and Daedalus class ships in the design. But I think you also clearly notice that the Valiant is a much smaller ship (just compare the size of the bridge to the rest of the ship). As some of you might remember, she has only nine decks.

The sketch was done by Simon Spencer (Tiletron), who's also working on the CG version. It can be found right here!

Of course ideally you should look at the picture before reading the episode, so that you'll have this image in mind. But I guess it works both ways.

Comment

In speaking of the Draque is there a sketch of what they currently look like?
          STARGATE ICARUS
          Premiering April 20, 2006
          Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
            In speaking of the Draque is there a sketch of what they currently look like?
            Not yet. The main focus in the designing department is currently on the Valiant and Horizon. But eventually we'll be seeing some more episode related images, as well as sketches of the Draque or the Enoly.

Comment

Okay, Valiant looks alot more like the Daedalus than the Prommie.
              STARGATE ICARUS
              Premiering April 20, 2006
              Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Comment

Yeah, it definitely looks more like the Daedalus than the Prometheus. It should be looking really nice once we have the CG version of it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
                  Okay, Valiant looks alot more like the Daedalus than the Prommie.
                  The engines weren't quite what I was expecting.
                  Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 20 November 2007, 02:43 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well, I'll say this. The episode itself earned outstanding, as far as I'm concerned. However, one things bugged me: the Draque Enzyme. Remind anyone of the Wraith Enzyme?...

As for that picture of the Valiant, that's not what I expected. I was thinking more of a giant, well, elipsoid honestly, rather than another long ship with two arms.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                      Well, I'll say this. The episode itself earned outstanding, as far as I'm concerned. However, one things bugged me: the Draque Enzyme. Remind anyone of the Wraith Enzyme?...
                      I think it's quite different from the Wraith enzyme actually. I've always liked the idea that the Draque are in fact not reptilians by nature. I think that comes unexpected; they started off as these typical reptilian bad guy aliens in the pilot, and they'll be seeing some very interesting development. The Draque orignally have another apperance, which I'm sure we'll be seeing eventually. It's that enzyme that changes their appearance basically; I'm not sure how clear the episode makes that actually. But the idea is that the "original Draque" had a very different appearance. Original Draque being the natural ones, as the ones we see now are all clones. They don't all look the same, but they're clones. More on that later.

Also, this enzyme doesn't affect one's personality, nor does anyone become addicted to it. In fact, for more on the enzyme and on the fate of the Draque check out "Parti Pris."

As for that picture of the Valiant, that's not what I expected. I was thinking more of a giant, well, elipsoid honestly, rather than another long ship with two arms.
                      In the pilot script the ship was described as having the "typical look of a ship designed by Stargate Command," while being a new ship class. I don't think that was the exact description, but that's what it meant. I think the differences will become more apparent in the actual CG model, which will contain all the little details.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                        Also, this enzyme doesn't affect one's personality, nor does anyone become addicted to it.
                        I don't think, considering what it does to someone, the enzyme wouldn't cause those effects. Just because they aren't chemical, doesn't mean they don't happen.

Comment

I don't think, considering what it does to someone, the enzyme wouldn't cause those effects. Just because they aren't chemical, doesn't mean they don't happen.
                          You mean the enzyme in this episode? It does not cause that kind of effects; it doesn't change the way one behaves, nor does it not cause anyone to become addicted to it. That would be the Wraith enzyme, but not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                            You mean the enzyme in this episode? It does not cause that kind of effects; it doesn't change the way one behaves, nor does it not cause anyone to become addicted to it. That would be the Wraith enzyme, but not this one.
                            Reread the first half of the second sentence you quoted, and my point should be clear.

Comment

That wasn't me for the record.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X