Favorite Serenity / Firefly one-liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Serenity / Firefly one-liners

Love those Firefly one-liners! My favorite is, "I can kill you with my brain."

What's yours?
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Heh, I've always liked "GRRRR! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" Along with that whole bit..

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

A rather obscure line from 'The Message', in which the Fed is talking to a mail clerk about the whereabouts of a dead body...

Fed - "Malcom Reynolds... hmmm, where do you suppose he's off to?"
      Clerk - "He... uh... he captains a Firefly, you should be able to catch him if you leave now..."
      Fed - "...Are you telling me to leave?"
      Clerk - "Wha- ...no, no I didn't do tha-..."
      Fed - *Laughs* Relax! You've been great! And I was just bluffing about that stuff about 'arresting' you, I mean who needs that kind of paper work, Skunk light him on fire."

...Well, that and my personal favorite Kaylee line:

Kaylee - "ain't nothin' touched my nethers for a year that weren't battery run"
      Last edited by Mefusta; 26 October 2005, 06:46 PM.
      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
      - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
        Heh, I've always liked "GRRRR! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" Along with that whole bit..
        Along with that I like the line, "We will call this land....this land." LOL! I love Wash...
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly comin' to a middle."
          ~Lexx

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar!

Comment

"I SHAVED MY BEARD OFF FOR YOU DEVIL WOMAN!!" Monty, Trash

"What ya'll order a dead guy for?" Jayne, The Message

"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero". Wash, Jaynestown

"Big Damn Heroes Sir"
            "Ain't we just." Mal and Zoe, Safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
              Love those Firefly one-liners! My favorite is, "I can kill you with my brain."

What's yours?
              Well, you called my favourite line, but the second and third are Jayne's:
              • "I'll be in my bunk."

• "Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy... Today we were kidnapped
                by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

And then by Early:
              • "No, that's not it at all... I'm a bounty hunter."

Comment

"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar."
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Too difficult to pick just one when practically everything is quotable.

Mal: “Someone tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.” (Our Mrs. Reynolds)

Serenity
                  Spoiler:
                  “Dear Buddha, I would like a pony and a plastic rocket.”

Practically everything Jayne says…. though "What ya'll order a dead guy for?" is classic.

I didn’t catch this one until I saw Serenity the second time
                  Spoiler:
                  My muscular buttocks it's forty! (when they’re arguing with Fanty and Mingo about their cut)

Book: “If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.” (Our Mrs. Reynolds)

Simon: (to Jayne) “My God, you're like a trained ape! Without the training.” (Jaynestown)

“This must be what going mad feels like.” (Jaynestown when he can’t get over the fact that Jayne has a statue….and then later a song. I love his facial expression when he sees the statue.)

IMO always implied.

Comment

I just remembered these!

Mal - "Mercy is the mark of a great man"
                    *stab*
                    Mal - "Ok, maybe I'm just a good man"
                    *stab*
                    Mal - "Well, I'm alright"

and

Warrick - "You didn't have to wound that man"
                    Mal - "I know, it was just, funny"

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

It's so hard to pick, because the series and movie were both so well written. one of my favourites though would have to be from River: "I swallowed a bug".
                      The look on her face! Classic!

Comment

This is like trying to pick something from The Princess Bride...

"Lady, you are my kind of stupid." (Heart of Gold)

"I am semi-muscular man. I can handle it." (War Stories)

"This is something that the Captain has to handle on his own."
                        "No, it isn't." (War Stories)

"Any friend of Inara's is a business-like acquaintance of mine" (Heart of Gold)

"I think they captured his essence"
                        "He looks kinda angry"
                        "That's what I mean" (Jaynestown)

"I'd forgotten - you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now."
                        "Yes; I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."
                        (War Stories)

"My food is problematic" (The Message)
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Ahhhh so many great lines...

Jayne: Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command.

Mal: The wheel never stops turning, Badger.
                          Badger: Only matters to the people on the rim.

Mal: I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that'll stop Kaylee from being so cheerful. Sometimes you just want to duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month.

Wash: Here lies my beloved Zoe, my autumn flower. Somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                          DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            "My food is problematic" (The Message)
                            Cute! I swear, River gets all the best lines! She's good -- not my favourite character, but I don't think I can pick a favourite Firefly character! They're all too well written and well acted!

Comment

Theres just show many, I liked the bit in the trailer for Serenity.

Mal "You wanna run this ship?"
                              Jayne "Yes."
                              Mal "well...you can't." The cinema burst out laughing at that.

I also liked "I swallowed a bug" from the film. Jayne has some of the best lines, the "I'm be in my bunk," lines are funny and so is "What ya'll order a dead guy for...."

Think I'll go watch some FF actually.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X