• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Stand (516)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 516

Dr. Jackson's undercover mission to a Goa'uld summit is complicated by the arrival of a surprise guest. The rest of the team face a full-scale invasion of the Tok'ra homeworld.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:53 PM.

The end of the summit.. Strange how very few of the major Goa'uld players at this summit are ever seen again. Anubis is finally a System Lord again. The reason for the Goa'uld zero population growth revealed. A nice touch..
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I missed the part why the Goa'uld weren't 'increasing' anymore, could someone tell me why?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Because the System Lords are eating the symbiotes.
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I saw that part, buy was that for a ceromony or something? Or were they just hungry... Haha, i sound stupid, but i just wasn't paying close enough attention.

Comment

The Goa'uld have stopped increasing in numbers because the System Lords have adopted a widespread practice of ritual cannibalism.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I think both Jackson and Selmak commented on the cannibalism being the reason for zero growth.

Also, the fact that Lantash was willing to sacrifice itself once it realized the host it had taken wouldn't survie shows just how the Tok'ra view the Tauri. But at least Elliot was asked if he'd go along with it. Although he didn't have that opportunity to choose the blending.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I was just wondering why they sent Elliot/Lantash in the end to kill the Jaffa around the Gate. I mean Elliot/Lantash said that he is going to die anyway but don't they usually say that they never leave anyone behind, even though Elliot chose to do it. And why didn't Jack, Sam or Daniel go to do what Elliot did, they would not be affected by the poison and apparently it killed enough Jaffa for the others to get through the gate. Okay it would have been pretty dangerous for one of them... anyway, I was just wondering...

Comment

The Goa'uld might have shot a human; a Tok'ra they would be sure to take captive and bring back to the Gate, especially if they believed his injuries prevented him willing himself dead.

Comment

Okay, that's a good point... Thanks

Comment

Yah that was a good point, why didn't i see that before

Comment

Anyhow, the writers have to ensure that Selmak and SG-1 survive...

Comment

If Daniel had used the Goa'uld killing virus, surely Sarah would have survived. I thought the hosts would have died because they were all so old, but Sarah hadn't been a host for that long.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was explained that a dying Goa'uld releases a toxin which kills the host; a sort of final spite-shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              If Daniel had used the Goa'uld killing virus, surely Sarah would have survived. I thought the hosts would have died because they were all so old, but Sarah hadn't been a host for that long.
                              No because the gao'uld symbiote releases poison killing the host at the moment of death. As stated in "Summit"
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X