X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article about Cliff Simon (Ba'al) in SA magazine

Hi Guys

I sent a mail to Gateworld to ask if they would be interested in posting an article about Cliff Simon that appeared in a South African magazine.

Well...they never responded to my e-mail.

Therefore I am just going to go ahead and transcript the article in this thread. It was posted in the You (biggest SA magazine) of 29 September 2005.

Just a small disclaimer: If any staff from You and/or Huisgenoot reads this thread. For crying out loud I am not making any money out of it!!!

Title of article: Former Egoli star and Mr South Africa, Cliff Simon at home in Los Angeles.

Subheading: With a role in the Stargate series he has a great life - but Cliff hasn't forgotten his Joburg roots.

Subheading: Mitch has a makeover.

Article:

He was South Africa's greatest heart-throb and for six years he had the pick of the crop. There were his fiery romances with Louwna and Kimberley (Egoli) and who could forget his big romance with Sam?

Every afternoon tens of thousands of women would tune in for their dose of Egoli - and swoon every time Mitch made an appearance.

Then suddenly he disappeared, only to turn up a few years later as a beggar. Sadly he vanished again, leaving fans in mourning.

Now there's good news at last.

Cliff Simon, who played the role of Mitch, is returning to the small screen. But he's not the romantic hero he once was; this time he's Ba'al, a ruthless criminal, in Stargate, an American sci-fi adventure series already showing on TV screens here.

But before you get too excited, he doesn't appear in the episodes being screened here and it will be some time before his fans catch him on TV again.

[Rest of article snipped by mods - NG1 to replace with a link to the article online. NG1 I have sent you a PM explaining this]
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 21 October 2005, 07:45 AM.

Thanks I think

Comment

Working...
    X