Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis' New Puddle Jumper Manufacturing Plant.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a PJ production plant would be a good idea but I prefer producing Drones since they are less complex and Atlantis would need to get new ones from somewhere right?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
      I think a PJ production plant would be a good idea but I prefer producing Drones since they are less complex and Atlantis would need to get new ones from somewhere right?
      A good idea, but where did you get the notion that drones are easier to manufacture than puddle jumpers?

As for the PJ factory, I doubt there is one in Atlantis. I mean, it would be logical for them to have some kinds of manufacturing system, but we've seen no evidence for it, and it has never been mentioned on the show.
      You'd think with the teams resources being limited in the first season, manufacturing and/or replication systems would be the first things they'd be looking for, even if they didn't have the power to run those systems. Instead they ended up going off world for most of their needs.

Now they have the power to run stuff, but they still haven't found any such systems, even though they claimed that since the ZPM was plugged in "all sorts of systems are coming online".

I have a feeling that one of the reasons why they rarely find anything "cool" on Atlantis is due to the fact that they can't find anything too "cool", or they'd be able to whup the Wraiths behind.
      That's why the Arcturus power generator thingy was located on "another planet", had it been in Atlantis, they couldn't have had it blow up 3/4ths of the star system.
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Someone metioned something about an Aircraft carrier not having a fighterplane manufacturing plant, thats very true but what they do have is a repair plant (could be a differenet name), What i wouldn't mind seeing in Atlantis is a repair plant for PJ's as they must or could get damaged at some ponit and make it back to Atlantis, the Ancients would just throw them out like empty lolly wrappers, I think they would have repaired them thats what the repair plant would be used, or attempted to or even took what they could to salavage, to use for other parts.

One thing I would also like to see, but I'm in the wrong thread for this so I'll shorten this, is an Ancient fighter, they must have at some stage built a ship they could use to combat the Wraith Darts.

Back on the topic, A manufacturing plant for the PJ's on Atlantis is fessable but unlikely to be shown on Atlantis, (someone has already mentioned) is that its too powerful to show, as everybody would want it.

Proud Supporter of:
        - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
        - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
          I wouldn't imagine there'd be a plant there, just as an aircraft carrier doesn't have an F-14 manufacturing plant. Maybe I'm wrong though.
          some1 made a point of how large atlantis is and I'd just like to add:

Atlantis is not an aircraft carrier its a - City ( that can fly ); so I'm sure the new Ancient community would want the ability to have manufacturing plants on-hand.

I'm sure they wouldn't want to go running to the PG and then create a community from scratch! it's all gotta be in atlantis!

Originally posted by skritsys
          Unless of course the PJ plant is buried on Earth where Atlantis was originally. Might it have been underneath Atlantis? The writers always tend to find someway to keep Earth as a focal point anyway. Maybe somewhere down the line SG-1 and Atlantis may find something that points back to Earth.

yep! there has to be more Ancient goodies stacked away on earth! I mean it was home ( or was it just an outpost: if so where was there HQ in the MW ) to the Altereans for a while!

now that we found 1 Alterean stash, we should find more!
          Last edited by jazz!; 24 November 2005, 12:42 PM.
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
            Based on what? We've NEVER seen anything even slow down a drone.
            Good point. But, then again, if the drones were completely unstoppable to the Wraith then I have a hard time believing the ancients lost the war. Over a 100 year timespan, I'd assume the ancients would have figured out supply and demand with the drones and flooded half the galaxy with drone enabled hunters. I guess my point is, the current story line would seem to sugest that the Wraith learned how to deal with the drones or could take many hits from them.
            As to the "Idiots's guide" thing, the Ancients were highly evolved humans, so an "Idiot" Ancient could have had a human IQ above 250.
            Originally posted by knowles2
            As for there be a dumb down book on ancient tech. Well if we think about this logically........
            The idiots guide could be a tamed down version of the Ancient respository of knowledge mind meld device/interface. Perhaps one that could imprint understanding and knowledge without a complete upload to fry your brain. They would certainly have advanced learning tools. Matter fact, they'd probably have the tools tunned to only feed ya if you had the right genes so the average alien wouldn't suddenly have all the ancient knowledge. A ancient chair seemed to make a good data surfing device too. Remember O'Neill on the lava planet pulling up galaxy maps overhead.
            Originally posted by helio69
            Lol. The weakness of that bet leads me to suspect you know I'm right
            Na. You just seem so sure I am having a little fun keeping you coming up with answers to fit your position. :-) I kind of get the feeling that if you came up with the PJ factory idea you could debate it the other way just as well.

Originally posted by knowles2
            But it would be fun seeing Mackay going to a ancient shool learning about the anicent ....
            Oh, like he isn't cocky enough already - "Listen, no one is even capable of understanding this stuff at the same level as I am" (he said something like that before he blew up part of that solar system). You could be right tho - it might help him to stop blowing stuff up.

Originally posted by Futura
            One thing I would also like to see, but I'm in the wrong thread for this so I'll shorten this, is an Ancient fighter, they must have at some stage built a ship they could use to combat the Wraith Darts.
            I agree. As I said before, a PJ with very tight back quarters because it's loaded with weapons, power supply, shield generator, etc. For story safety make them expensive to build and operate. They could also have minor hyper-drives. If a Goa'uld Tel'tak (cargo ship) can have one you'd assume a decked out PJ model could fit one.

Everyone is so sure they've searched every corner or Atlantis already. Have they? Have the producers ever said the exact diameter of the city? I'd really like to know this.
            Last edited by absmith; 25 November 2005, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I don't see how Atlantis couldn't have a shipyard. And even if there isn't one in Atlantis, all their ship schematics must be in the Ancient database. And since the Asgard can manufacture Ancient technology (New Order), they should be able to help produce more Jumpers. Off-topic: Shouldn't there be a Stargate guide to weaponry and ships or something?
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                I don't see how Atlantis couldn't have a shipyard. And even if there isn't one in Atlantis, all their ship schematics must be in the Ancient database. And since the Asgard can manufacture Ancient technology (New Order), they should be able to help produce more Jumpers. Off-topic: Shouldn't there be a Stargate guide to weaponry and ships or something?
                That would be very logical. But it would screw up the story too much. They will never gain the ability to manufacture ancient tech, at least to any significant degree, because
                1) whatever allowed them to do that would be too powerful and everyone would want it.
                2) they'll whoop everyone, and
                3) Stargate itself has been based on humans being the underdog. Here are all there evil people with ships and weapons, and we use guerilla tactics to take them down. They're not likely to stray from that to any significant degree.
                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

That would be very logical. But it would screw up the story too much. They will never gain the ability to manufacture ancient tech, at least to any significant degree, because
                  1) whatever allowed them to do that would be too powerful and everyone would want it.
                  2) they'll whoop everyone, and
                  3) Stargate itself has been based on humans being the underdog. Here are all there evil people with ships and weapons, and we use guerilla tactics to take them down. They're not likely to stray from that to any significant degree.
                  So are you saying that at one time (when the ancients were in human form) there would have been the necessary tech/facilities to build/produce ancient tech. - but after ascendeding they took/destroyed/decommisioned the facilities/tools/tech that builds stargates/jumpers/drones.......... so that
                  a) not misused.
                  b) only those with sufficient knowledge of understanding the of the ancient DB or repositary can make some Ancient tech on their own!

so we can find the final products of the ancients but not the means of contructing them directly! we have to have 'grown' up enough to do it ourselves! ?

if so, thats annoying but probably true in the SG universe!
                  Last edited by jazz!; 26 November 2005, 11:24 AM.
                  It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
                    So are you saying that at one time (when the ancients were in human form) there would have been the necessary tech/facilities to build/produce ancient tech. - but after ascendeding they took/destroyed/decommisioned the facilities/tools/tech that builds stargates/jumpers/drones.......... so that
                    a) not misused.
                    b) only those with sufficient knowledge of understanding the of the ancient DB or repositary can make some Ancient tech on their own!

so we can find the final products of the ancients but not the means of contructing them directly! we have to have 'grown' up enough to do it ourselves! ?

if so, thats annoying but probably true in the SG universe!
                    That's not at all what I was saying. I'm sure the Ancients had a PJ factory. I'm sure they had a stargate factory to, hell they made thousands of them.

But the producers of the show could not allow something of that magnitude to be introduced, because it would destroy the underlying elements of the plot (stated in my previous posts).
                    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

That's not at all what I was saying. I'm sure the Ancients had a PJ factory. I'm sure they had a stargate factory to, hell they made thousands of them.
                      in my haste - i may have written down some rubbish! but yep i concurr!

Comment

There will probably be some sort of material limit on how much they could produce them. You could have several squadrons of puddlejumpers, but you will still need proper fighters, bombers, destroyers, and cruisers before you could properly challenge the Wraith. But there will be something that will prevent them from taking this sort of offensive for a while.
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Caboose: They could be worse?
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

atlantis will have loads anyway...
                          tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                          yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                          Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X