This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis ship travelling

why dont the atlantis team travel using the atlantis city like back to earth so they can study it or just fly about and investigate the pegasus galaxy

Originally posted by the true apothis
    why dont the atlantis team travel using the atlantis city like back to earth so they can study it or just fly about and investigate the pegasus galaxy
    its not fully powered up yet so they can't fly it anywhere yet otherwise they would have when the other ships came instead of faking an self destruct.

Comment

now the wraith went away why dont they use the zpm to fly to earth or use the database to find zpms or learn how to buid one that way they can fly nad do anything

Comment

now the wraith went away why dont they use the zpm to fly to earth or use the database to find zpms or learn how to buid one that way they can fly nad do anything
        did u not read what i said. they only have one zpm altanits uses 3 so they need 2 more. we don't know how much power is need to fly altantis or even how so i think they are researching how to fly it and on how to make a zpm its just kind of hard with no extra zpm's laying around. the idea of using the database to build things has come up before and just like the asgards i don't think we have shifted thought it yet and even if we have that we would understand how to create a zpm but im sure that they are researching it.

Comment

Like ben said, It obviously takes more than the one ZPM to fly Atlantis anywhere, much less to send it thru hyperspace to Earth. Plus, where are they going to hide it? The only place they could defend it properly would be Earth. And what if the Orii got a hold of it? The only reason the Orii havn't gone to Pegasus already is because they don't know its there. Its hard enough fighting the Orii in the Milky Way, and fighting the Wraith and Genai (is that how you spell it?) in Pegasus. The last thing we need is to fight the Orii on two fronts, one of which is hardly a beachhead into another galaxy.

Comment

cause that would make the show stupid and pointless and no one would wacth it so it would end

Comment

There is a good point here though.

Supposing for just 1 episode the planet Atlantis is on is about to have some disaster which threatens the environment.

Supposing that for this 1 episode Rodney finds a way to make 1 ZPM multiply it's own power just long enough that they can move the entire city to a neighbouring solar system.

Can you imagine how magnificent it would look?

Totally cool even if it doesn't come to the MW.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

If they got their hands on more ZPMs, the best usage for it probably isnt to move atlantis. They can be used to power the outpose in Antarctica, to power Atlantis itself, and the Deadalus. Not to mention to study. If they could do all those things simultaneously, it would be quite an advantage.
                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Yeah, I figure that at the least we need two more ZPMs, one for the SGC so they can dial Atlantis and one for the the Daedalus. If the D had a ZPM still boosting the shields, she would probably be darned near invulnerable to the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    Yeah, I figure that at the least we need two more ZPMs, one for the SGC so they can dial Atlantis and one for the the Daedalus. If the D had a ZPM still boosting the shields, she would probably be darned near invulnerable to the wraith.
                    but still unable to destroy them though
                    remember the wraith
                    Spoiler:
                    can stop the daedalus beaming nukes into the hive ships and detonating them,also just firing the misles dont work

Comment

i like the idea of sending atlantis to another nearby solar system but it should always stay in the pegasus galaxy i think. That's the point of the show isn't it? if they were in one galaxy it would get a bit tough trying to find a place to keep it.

Comment

Probably only as an emergency would they ever show the city doing any "hopping".
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

I can see them actually flying the ship, but not until like the last season or something.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If they could find a way to make nukes strong enough to withstand being shot out of a big railgun, they could go a lot faster. Its a problem if the bomb has a "gun type" detonation system, ie drive a small amount of fissile material into a larger one to create critical mass, and start the reaction.
                            In any case, just an idea.
                            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
                            X