Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 years of gouald, 1 or 2 years of Ori doesnt make much sense....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 years of gouald, 1 or 2 years of Ori doesnt make much sense....

Unless the writers are planning on making a season 16, it seems kinda unbalanced and rushed for the Ori to be around for 1, 2 or maybe 3 seasons while the gouald have been around for 8 years, it just doesnt balance out

But Earth has made so many technological jumps and have gained so much knowledge about ascension, well Daniel has and thanks to Atlantis we know some more, so it will be a quick defeat of the Ori.
    I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
      Unless the writers are planning on making a season 16, it seems kinda unbalanced and rushed for the Ori to be around for 1, 2 or maybe 3 seasons while the gouald have been around for 8 years, it just doesnt balance out

Personally I think they are going to try to make it last for a few more seasons. But then if you do want to look at being kind of unbalanced, look at the way they ended season eight. The replicators and the gouald were gone in only like two episodes. If they really wanted to I'm sure they could have expanded that into season nine. Besides that there are plenty of arcs that have not been wrapped up yet. Hopefully they will fall into place over the next few seasons.

Comment

not even that dont be so quick to suggest the show will end this season or even next.. for all we honistly know it could go another 4-5 years granted after 9 years of doing it that does seem unlikely but you never know I mean this fan base is pretty high

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by tony
          not even that dont be so quick to suggest the show will end this season or even next.. for all we honistly know it could go another 4-5 years granted after 9 years of doing it that does seem unlikely but you never know I mean this fan base is pretty high
          Does the electric sign say "burn Children" in your sig? lol...

I just stick to my opinion that they should end on a high point, instead of running the show everyone loves into the ground and being forced to end it.
          Last edited by helio9; 18 October 2005, 05:31 PM.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I see it more like 4 years Apophis, 4 Years Anubis. So a 3-4 year Ori arc is plausible, if they manage to make them last at least that long.
            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

If tptb can keep telling interesting stories, I see no reason this show can't go on for several more seasons. I don't think things will be too unbalanced in the end. And even if they are, who knows how the Ori will meet their defeat. For all we know, the Ancients could finally decide to stand against them. Anything could happen, and that's why I love this show.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Goa'uld were not nearly as hell bent on universal control like the Ori are. There were far to many System Lords with power spread out far and wide. The Ori want it all right now. I like the Ori, they are smartly written and oh so evil.
                Last edited by the Fifth Race; 21 October 2005, 12:51 PM.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

in life u any need to have a bad guy in some of the storys just to make it real and so the hero comes to save the day
                  carter "colone?"
                  o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

A worthy foe would be a planet like earth, except instead of the Stargate program having a moral approach to it (ie, don't steal tech, don't kill ppl if you dont have to, etc) it was run by paranoid maniacs. Sound familiar? It is. The Genii from Atlantis. Except make these guys more advanced, so we don't have obvious advantages. That would be better, they woudlnt have to make up some new facet of ascension to explain everything in every episode.
                    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Who knows only time will tell!!!

Comment

I'm not sure why you think this. Wars go on for different lengths of time depending on the differing strengths of each side, strategic maneuvers, and/or just plain luck.

Even if you consider the Ori a stronger foe, they could be defeated quicker merely by us finding their Achilles Heel in less time than it took to ploddingly defeat the Go'uld.

Comment

TPTB were pretty **** to introduce the Orii like that. They should've let earth deal with the Galaxy/Universe they had created over the Last 8 seasons: Unas, Asgard, nox, optricans, Reetou, Goa'uld even. Just because they lost their empire doesn't make them useless.
                          1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

It's pretty hard to judge this without knowing the outcome. For all you know, the Ori could be kicking our arse, and the ancients come along and save the heck out of us by destroying the ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar
                              TPTB were pretty **** to introduce the Orii like that. They should've let earth deal with the Galaxy/Universe they had created over the Last 8 seasons: Unas, Asgard, nox, optricans, Reetou, Goa'uld even. Just because they lost their empire doesn't make them useless.
                              Thats a good point. The optricans. They should bring them back. That was a human civilization that was more advanced than earth. Where were they during the Goauld wars? Were the Goauld afraid of them? They totally need to bring them back.

Comment

Working...
                              X