Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think that you would be on GW for this long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you think that you would be on GW for this long?

When I first signed up it was just something to do whilst *acquiring* episodes

I didnt think that I would ever be here as often as I am now
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I'll be here for as long as GW is still here, and yeah i done the same thing when i signed up but i ive grown to love GW and i think most of its members are nice people, funny, genuine, honest and very knowledgable and some a bit crazy

GW rules
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I came here at first just to look at the pretty pictures and find answers to my questions re: plots and characters. I never expected to stick around. In fact, I mostly lurked for the first few months after I signed up, only posting rarely.

The comaraderie that I found in a few threads made it an enjoyable place to play. When that stops, I suppose I'll stop visiting.

Comment

I was never a lurker - I signed up on my 1st day here and began posting straight away to the annoyance of a few people
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Honestly, I never thought I'd be on this long. It was always a good site, even back on Delphi, but I never thought I'd get so attached to the people here. I'm made some good friends.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

I never posted for ages, until I found Ancient's thread. I know so many nice people through this forum. I cant believe I've been a member for nearly a year now - my post count is still like a noob's!

Comment

to be honest... i didnt post for a while (After i signed up.. lurked then slowly came outta my shell and started to have fun..) course the post count really took off after i found my haunts... the THUNK threads ect... and the some of the game threads too..

did i ever think i'd be here this long... well c'mon... i can stop commin' here... honest... its not like im addicted or anything.. *whimper* oh okay so i am...

and that post count keeps on goin' up and up and up... and ive only been here a lil over a year.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm on gate world because its fun. I don't post often on stargate forums anyway It's just that people here have common interests and we are probably almost all geeks

Comment

I actually stumbled upon Gateworld out of boredom. i popped open Google and punched in "stargate" and hit search. Gateworld was one of the first sites on the page, so i went there... And i've been here ever since.

Comment

I was a member of the old Delphi Forum and was only there for the music video thread. Shadowmaat messaged me when the forum here was open for members so I joined.

I didn't really post that much at first. Mostly just hung around lurking. And then mostly posted in the off topic section (still do).

I never knew that there would become more than 11,000 members. I've never once considered leaving

One time I went without Gateworld for about a week

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

well, i joined up and didn't post too often when i first started, i mainly lurked...but now look at me, i am a posting fool
                      sigpic

Comment

I came to GW because I was looking for Joe Flanigan pics. Found that and more.

Didn't post much at first, lurked mostly. Somewhere in the last year, I guess I turned into a blabbermouth.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

don't worry FP, i am a blabbermouth to and a darn proud thunker
                          sigpic

Comment

I got addicted as soon as I joined GW

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

i came on here trying to find out some random peice of information about an episode i cant even recall...oh no it was alliegence, id just seen it and wanted to express that it was the best jaffa episode in SG1 ever and i was hooked, i started reading around and created my first thread ( the ship design one that precedes all other ship design ones ive created afterwoods) where i met a load of cool guys ( which are like best mates now) and here i was 2000 posts later describing how this addiction began!
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X